FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVED: AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK (2014 consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1540240-archived-aa-concierge-key-conciergekey-ck-2014-consolidated.html)

ralphgombos Oct 4, 2013 2:24 pm

ARCHIVED: AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK (2014 consolidated)

Arriving at MIA yesterday to door two of the departures drop-off area, I noticed the electric sign above the door saying 'Concierge Key' along with First Class check-in. I was surprised since this has never been (to my knowledge) an advertised status of AA. Am I misreading how AA has treated the existence of this program, or is this them increasing its visibility? If the latter, might this be part of a move to make it an official tier with [gasp!] published criteria for reaching the tier?

Madison Guy Oct 4, 2013 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by ralphgombos (Post 21554872)
Arriving at MIA yesterday to door two of the departures drop-off area, I noticed the electric sign above the door saying 'Concierge Key' along with First Class check-in. I was surprised since this has never been (to my knowledge) an advertised status of AA. Am I misreading how AA has treated the existence of this program, or is this them increasing its visibility? If the latter, might this be part of a move to make it an official tier with [gasp!] published criteria for reaching the tier?

No longer any secrets about the program existing. (Employees with CK Badges, published benefits about Flagship checkin., etc.) As to what's up for publishing eligibility criteria, who knows....

anabolism Oct 4, 2013 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by rodsren (Post 21232275)
I was wondering if anyone (say with 10MM lifetime) has been granted this based on lifetime miles, versus annual spending?

Since the competition is Global Services (which is stated to be given at 4MM lifetime miles), which I will never achieve (total lifetime miles with UA=a bit>200,000! Last UA flight (1993). A Newark Gate Agent took my upgraded seat in F and downgraded me to C, and it went out with empty seats in F. I said I hell would freeze over before I gave UA another revenue mile in my life (I have kept my promise.)

Anyway, just curious if any of you out there were granted based on lifetime miles, and if so, what they were. Happy Flying!

UA GS is as you say a fourth tier. It's a defined status level, part of the FF program. In contrast, AA CK is a marketing program to attract and retain high-value customers and drive business. It seems that it's not based on miles flown or necessarily spending, and the criteria apparently varies from market to market. There are also different avenues into CK, some from sales or corporate contracts or AAirpass. Until recently, CK members retained their earned status level. Now, most CK members are also comped to EXP, but it's EXP-lite.

Originally Posted by ralphgombos (Post 21554872)

I hope AA does not follow UA in making CK a fourth tier, as that dilutes the other tiers. I like what AA is doing with CK being a set of personal services, mostly day-of-departure and IRROPS, that is orthogonal to status, along with Elite Rewards to incentivize passengers to fly more and earn concrete rewards.

rodsren Oct 5, 2013 12:48 am

"Does anybody know what SERO, IAD, and SRO stand for in this context?"

I think SERO and SRO are deviations of southern reservations office, or southeast res. office. IAD is of course the airport code for the DC airport in not in DC (I think it's in Maryland, but quite a hike from DC that's for sure.)(

penlin Oct 5, 2013 12:55 pm

Concierge Key AA Premium Service (consolidated)

IAD is Dulles International Airport, but I think we are veering way off topic for this thread.

FlyACN Dec 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Concierge Key 2014

I just called the EXP desk to check on one of my flight and the CK desk answered, i was surprised as i've been EXP for the past 8 years and i never qualified for CK. I asked her if i am CK and the rep said yes that i became a CK on December 19, 2013

is this normal? i thought CK is only granted in Feb of every year?! am i wrong?

A bit about me:

I fly 2x a month in paid business between JFK and GRU or EZE
plus about 30 LGA-ORD this year
plus 2 trips one to BEY in full Y on AA/BA and one to DOH on Qatar in business

total spend this year is 100,000k+ as each LATAM trip is about 7k

tylerdurden4543 Dec 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlyACN (Post 22037449)
I just called the EXP desk to check on one of my flight and the CK desk answered, i was surprised as i've been EXP for the past 8 years and i never qualified for CK. I asked her if i am CK and the rep said yes that i became a CK on December 19, 2013

is this normal? i thought CK is only granted in Feb of every year?! am i wrong?

A bit about me:

I fly 2x a month in paid business between JFK and GRU or EZE
plus about 30 LGA-ORD this year
plus 2 trips one to BEY in full Y on AA/BA and one to DOH on Qatar in business

total spend this year is 100,000k+ as each LATAM trip is about 7k

Seems like you should have been CK long ago with that kind of spend...

FlyACN Dec 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543 (Post 22037455)
Seems like you should have been CK long ago with that kind of spend...

This spend was only this year.

Last year i spent about 50k with AA did not qualify. I spent a lot with UA but since i only took Avianca (SA Partner) from JFK to BOG, UA did not care much.

mvoight Dec 27, 2013 5:01 pm

I don't believe it. It's not in your profile.............

Kidding... Just telling you to add it. :)

FlyACN Dec 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 22037486)
I don't believe it. It's not in your profile.............

Kidding... Just telling you to add it. :)

LOL - funny, the last time i posted on this forum was 5 years ago before this (i think) although i read everything..... need to update my home location to JFK as well :)

Viajero Millero Dec 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Do you show as CK in the AA mobile app or website? Have you checked yet?

FlyACN Dec 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bachovas (Post 22037642)
Do you show as CK in the AA mobile app or website? Have you checked yet?

On both it just say Executive Platinum... does it usually say CK?

millionmiler Dec 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyACN (Post 22037678)
On both it just say Executive Platinum... does it usually say CK?

No.

Exec_Plat Dec 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Ha.

Just called to check on a reservation to LHR in Jan and got the 'concierge key' desk. First time. Asked if I was CK and the gal paused for a bit and said "you are, congratulations".

EP for 10 of las 13 years, with a spend this year of US$80k ish. And over 225k EQM/EQPs

Be interested to see what this entails for 2014....

7below Jan 3, 2014 9:30 am

Concierge Key - Does it show as an elite status?

On AA.com if you are enrolled?

I am told by my travel dept that AA reported that I was approved 12/19/13, but the status does not show on web or app, nor have I received anything by snail or email.

Thank you.