Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA AA Airside Shuttle Terminal B (2 Locations) - Term C (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
LGA Airside Shuttle between Terminal B Concourse D (Gate D2), Terminal B Concourse C (Gate C4),
and Terminal C (Gate C39)

AA will operate entirely out of Terminal B starting December 9 2017.

Near each of the above gates is a podium staffed by personnel usually wearing blue vests / reflective clothing. They will ask for a boarding pass, but Admirals Club visit is a legitimate reason.

Speak to the employees in reflective gear near the podium in plenty of time to arrange the transfer.

There has been some variability with this shuttle service, so check in advance - and please share your experiences here. More recently:

Originally Posted by ckx2
6/2 Bus service still exists. Did DFW-LGA-DCA - last leg being operated by US. Upon arrival at LGA there has been a sign pointing out to connecting flights on US and advertising the bus shuttle.

edit:
Originally Posted by ckx2
  • Big sign next to Admirals Club at AA terminal
    • US Airways agents standing in front of the door to check boarding passes
      • Bus takes about 5-10 minutes to get to US gate 41
        • AA also uses this bus to take passengers with short connection times to their gates (needs to be verified, witnessed yesterday but both were EXP)
          • If you have just missed the bus you'll have to wait approx 10 minutes

Originally Posted by Blumie
(22 Nov 2015)...AA absolutely is running a regular airside shuttle between Terminal B (Concourse C and Concourse D gates) and the old US gates at Terminal C. AA has agents stationed at each concourse to guide passengers. (Use of the shuttle does require one to carry their carryons down and then up a flight of stairs.)

I also have not had difficulty accessing Terminal B, even though my flight was departing Terminal C, which is helpful for those wanting to use the AMEX Centurion Lounge or the Terminal B (concourse D) AC (although there is another AC at Terminal C). In my case, I went to the Centurion Lounge, then cleared security at Concourse D and took the airside shuttle over to Terminal C.

What's not clear to me is whether a passenger who is checking luggage can check in at Terminal B if their flight departs from Terminal C, or vice versa.

And it's worth reminding people of the confusing terminal designations at LGA. What New Yorkers always have called the Central Terminal is actually Terminal B, comprised of Concourses A, B, C, and D. AA operates out of Concourses C and D in Terminal B. US used to operate from Terminal C, which is a completely separate building, and AA still operates most legacy US flights out of that terminal.

Print Wikipost

LGA AA Airside Shuttle Terminal B (2 Locations) - Term C (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:13 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. It looks like I'll take the airside shuttle to B and make my way to the Centurion Lounge from there.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by slutide
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. It looks like I'll take the airside shuttle to B and make my way to the Centurion Lounge from there.
Note that there are two stops at Terminal B: one at Terminal B Concourse C (yes, that is completely different than Terminal C. LGA is dumb like that). And another stop at Terminal B Concourse D. Either of these Terminal B stops will work for your purposes of getting to the Centurion Lounge. If the bus stops at Terminal B Concourse C first (no idea if it does) then that will put you slightly closer to the lounge, but neither stop will be a long walk, as Terminal B is relatively compact overall. (The lounge is pre-security between the entrances to Concourse B, a non-AA concourse, and Concourse C in Terminal B).
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:30 pm

So today I am flying on flight 622 LGA to CLT. The departure date is C38 in terminal C. I took the M60 SBS public bus to the airport. The first stop is at terminal B the central terminal. I decide to get off the bus here, check my bag, go thru security, and take the shuttle to my gate at C38. I went through security at concourse D and it literally took less than 5 minutes. I was so surprised that it was that quick, and I am not even TSA precheck. Maybe there were 20 or so passengers going through security at the time. Now the wait for the shuttle bus to terminal C was another story. I was like 20th in line when I got in line. About 10 minutes of waiting in line, they started to board the bus. Everyone had to walk down stairs to the bus. I am not sure how many people they load onto the bus. There are a row of seats on the right side of the bus. On the left side is standing room only. Once the bus started moving, it goes to the concourse C in terminal B. I am not sure what gate it stops at. A few people get off and a few people get on the bus. The bus then goes to Terminal C and stops between gates 37 and 38. We get off the bus and climb up stairs to the gate area. This was my first time taking the shuttle bus between terminals. The experience was do able. I like that it took no time to get through security in terminal B concourse D. Once I got on the bus it was about a 15 minute trip to terminal C. So not too bad.

I do not like the security line in terminal C because there is no Priority lane for American Airlines the last time I flew out of terminal C last month. It was about a 25 minute wait to get through security the last time I flew out of terminal C early in the morning. I also took the M60 SBS public bus and terminal C is the 3rd stop once the bus enters the airport area. It took the bus at least 15 minutes to get to terminal C because of all the construction going on.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:56 pm

Hi all,

I'm just checking that the location of the bus is still the same at LGA, and that the AA airside shuttle bus picks up and drops off at:

- Terminal C (Gate C39)
- Terminal B Concourse D (Gate D2)
- Terminal B Concourse C (Gate C4)

Am I missing any? Or have they moved?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:33 pm

I have a 7am flight on AA on 8/1. I just heard about the delays. I'm getting a ride. My flight leaves from Terminal B gate D 10. What is the best way to get there? Should I go to terminal C and then????
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:44 pm

Just drive to terminal B and you will be fine. I would get to the airport around 5:30 am and traffic going to the airport shouldn't be bad at that time in the morning. If you take a cab or Uber they know where to go.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by mobile19
Just drive to terminal B and you will be fine. I would get to the airport around 5:30 am and traffic going to the airport shouldn't be bad at that time in the morning. If you take a cab or Uber they know where to go.
Thanks for your prompt reply. It's about a two hour drive for me and I am planning on getting there about 4:30. Yes...I'm paranoid but would rather sit in Admirals Club (theoretically opens 4:45) than watch the clock. My wife is taking me. What an angel. BTW I could get zero info from AA about going to other terminals and walking thru, or if they even had ticket counters. Three calls to the Plat desk a complete waste of time. I will update after I return Saturday afternoon
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by fish3d
Thanks for your prompt reply. It's about a two hour drive for me and I am planning on getting there about 4:30. Yes...I'm paranoid but would rather sit in Admirals Club (theoretically opens 4:45) than watch the clock. My wife is taking me. What an angel. BTW I could get zero info from AA about going to other terminals and walking thru, or if they even had ticket counters. Three calls to the Plat desk a complete waste of time. secI will update after I return Saturday afternoon
As long as you arrive prior to 6AM, your wife can take you directly to the departure terminal. It is a bit confusing getting around the LGA construction by car, it is good that you are leaving plenty of time. Last time we arrived at 4:30AM, check-in was quick as was security.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by fish3d
Thanks for your prompt reply. It's about a two hour drive for me and I am planning on getting there about 4:30. Yes...I'm paranoid but would rather sit in Admirals Club (theoretically opens 4:45) than watch the clock. My wife is taking me. What an angel. BTW I could get zero info from AA about going to other terminals and walking thru, or if they even had ticket counters. Three calls to the Plat desk a complete waste of time. I will update after I return Saturday afternoon
AA has ticket counters in Terminal B (the pre-merger AA space) and Terminal C (the pre-merger US space). As suggested, just go to Terminal B. Going to Terminal C and then trying to take the transfer bus will be slower than just going to Terminal B and checking in there.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by ty97
AA has ticket counters in Terminal B (the pre-merger AA space) and Terminal C (the pre-merger US space). As suggested, just go to Terminal B. Going to Terminal C and then trying to take the transfer bus will be slower than just going to Terminal B and checking in there.
Although it is easier to get into the airport by going to Terminal D and C (took a Delta flight recently). This is traveling from Nassau County.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by hawaii-bound
As long as you arrive prior to 6AM, your wife can take you directly to the departure terminal. It is a bit confusing getting around the LGA construction by car, it is good that you are leaving plenty of time. Last time we arrived at 4:30AM, check-in was quick as was security.
I actually arrived about 4:45 am . There was a long line for economy but the Priority check in was quick as was getting thru security with TSA pre-check. Long lines thru regular security. My returning flight arrived on Saturday at about 4:30pm. I asked the agents at the Admirals Club as I had a few minutes before my pick-up and went for a drink. The agents said Saturday at that time is typically slow.I would have thought otherwise. Anyway, very little traffic on Saturday 8/5 getting in and out of Terminal B was not a problem.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
Somehow I had never been in LGA till last week. Terminal B having C gates is bizarre and confusing.

I have to say the staff in the blue vests running the shuttle were very friendly and helpful. It was a nice change from some of the less than pleasant airport staff I've been running into lately (I'm looking at you, PHL orange shirts...)
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by maracle
Somehow I had never been in LGA till last week. Terminal B having C gates is bizarre and confusing.

The lettering at LGA makes no sense and I'm sure it drives confusion. The terminals used to have names: Marine Air Terminal, Central Terminal Building, US Airways terminal, Delta terminal. Then someone had the grand idea to re-name them to Terminals A, B, C, and D even though CTB already had Concourses A, B, C, and D.

There is a rumor at a.net today that plans are being worked to consolidate all AA operations in Terminal B in November. This would reportedly be accomplished by moving the Delta Shuttle from Terminal A (MAT) to Terminal C and then moving some airlines out of Terminal B. No clue how firm this is, or how the specifics would work. It would get AA all under one 'roof' but the concourses in B are each distinct secure areas.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
See AA LGA: Leaving Terminal C to All Terminal B November 2017? for discussion.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.