Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2015 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Please post your menus, photos, questions, and answers regarding meals on 2015 AA International Flights here. Remember that you can also use the Search this Thread feature to search within this thread for previous posts on your route or flight.

Also, images are welcome, but please remember to adhere to the Rules:

8. Posting of Images
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
For post 9 Sep 2014 combined AA and US Domestic meals, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For 2014 Domestic AApm Flights, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For threads from previous years, see:

2014: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2013: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2012: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2011: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2010: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2009: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Print Wikipost

2015 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
Anyone have any recent experience w/ TPAC J VEG or Hindu meals?

The wife and I are flying ORD-PVG and return in May in J, and she's an ovo-lacto vegetarian. This is our first time flying J w/ AA; usually when flying int'l J, she'll order the Hindu meal or if we can see a menu ahead of time, just pick the vegetarian option from the regular offerings.

so, questions:
- what is the VEG/Hindu J catering like ex-ORD? ex-PVG?
- loads looks to be light so far in J on both flights (I know not a good indicator this far out); would you recommend pre-booking the meal or just gambling on availability of regular vegetarian option? (She'll bring her own snacks just in case)
- If she does order the Veg meal, and she likes something on the regular menu better, will the FA's give her flak if she wants to eat off the menu / force her to eat the VEG meal? I've heard of this happening in Y, but not sure in AA J.

Thanks!

On the pre-order page, it says you can order a VGML that is Asian-themed (meaning Indian subcontinent). Is that really the case? or will they just plop down a pasta dish in front of you?

And why are there only two options for pre-order for the first service ex-PVG?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
From Wednesday's 1920 JFK-MAD:

stuffed zucchini trio with herbed goat cheese, hummus and tahini

seasonal greens with hearts of palm and sweet and spicy pecans

entree choices were:

Pistachio Crusted Tilapia
With saffron basmati rice and vegetable medley

Grilled Beef Filet
With thyme jus, blue cheese potato gratin, sautéed spinach and mushrooms

Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
With wasabi mashed potatoes and sautéed mixed vegetables

Ricotta Stuffed Mezzaluna Pasta
With tomato sauce and vegetable medley

dessert choices were chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, gourmet cheese plate or cappuccino mousse cake (which the flight attendant called tiramisu for some reason)

Breakfast was a three cheese and poblano pepper omelette or a fresh fruit bowl with granola and yogurt

Happy with the overall meal and excellent service.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tom911
From Wednesday's 1920 JFK-MAD:

stuffed zucchini trio with herbed goat cheese, hummus and tahini

seasonal greens with hearts of palm and sweet and spicy pecans

entree choices were:

Pistachio Crusted Tilapia
With saffron basmati rice and vegetable medley

Grilled Beef Filet

Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
With wasabi mashed potatoes and sautéed mixed vegetables

With tomato sauce and vegetable medley

dessert choices were chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, gourmet cheese plate or cappuccino mousse cake (which the flight attendant called tiramisu for some reason)

Breakfast was a three cheese and poblano pepper omelette or a fresh fruit bowl with granola and yogurt

Happy with the overall meal and excellent service.
Pretty much same menu on LAX-LHR on 4/15. Seemed to be better food and presentation than my HKG-DFW in March.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Wow tom911 - that meal looks pretty darn good actually! No kidding - so are we actually seeing a return to somewhat close to pre 9/1 standards? Pretty amazing if true! Too bad it took a near mutiny to achieve this.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Flying ORD-PEK in F a few weeks from now. The pre-order page lists only three items available, though my return in J has four. A glitch or does this match the experiences of people who have recently flown IFS TPAC?

Miso Glazed Sea Bass
Accompanied by bacon dashi broth, jasmine rice and dashi marinated vegetables

Grilled Beef Filet

With tomato sauce, vegetable medley and fresh grated Parmesan
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Flying ORD-PEK in F a few weeks from now. The pre-order page lists only three items available, though my return in J has four. A glitch or does this match the experiences of people who have recently flown IFS TPAC?
That's odd. My recent TPAC in F had four choices.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Wow tom911 - that meal looks pretty darn good actually! No kidding - so are we actually seeing a return to somewhat close to pre 9/1 standards? Pretty amazing if true! Too bad it took a near mutiny to achieve this.
I wouldn't bet on it. I had the exact same meal (only I passed on the dessert), and I was underwhelmed. The appetizer had the advantage of costing pennies and satisfying vegetarians, and very pretty it was and nicely plated, but in the end it was just three tiny slivers of boiled vegetables with three small dollops of dip inside. The salad is a tiny handful of supermarket salad mix with two tiny fragments of heart of palm.

The beef was beef - no better, no worse than before. The gratin was rather tasty, but as the photo shows, just a tiny sliver - very odd given that it is presumably the cheapest ingredient on that plate.

On a happier note, the service on both my flights was absolutely outstanding, and on the LHR-JFK leg, the mystery wine was a really enjoyable Amarone (sadly not available on the second one). I also really enjoy the high-quality sandwiches and other snacks laid out in the galleys.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Meals are now integrated, therefore this thread is being closed.

Please follow the extant thread in the consolidated forum here:

2015 Combined AA/US International Meals - menu / photos / etc. (Consolidated)

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.