Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2015 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Please post your menus, photos, questions, and answers regarding meals on 2015 AA International Flights here. Remember that you can also use the Search this Thread feature to search within this thread for previous posts on your route or flight.

Also, images are welcome, but please remember to adhere to the Rules:

8. Posting of Images
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
For post 9 Sep 2014 combined AA and US Domestic meals, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For 2014 Domestic AApm Flights, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For threads from previous years, see:

2014: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2013: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2012: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2011: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2010: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2009: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Print Wikipost

2015 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Interesting. I was under the impression that it had all gone single tray. Perhaps that's only from JFK?
I know I read here on FT that JFK eastbound went all express. I've never experienced it myself, since I only do that route westbound. I believe this was the case for other northeast flights as well.

I do not think that was rolled out across the board for Eastbound TATL overnight flights. (As my most recent experience seems to corroborate.)
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Ugh that foil/metal ramekin is so gross
Are they supposed to pour that over the entree prior to serving??? I always thought that was a mistake when plating/serving....

Ive seen sauces in ceramic ramkins. So 'matches the dish'=yes, leave in ramekin..but foil= dump on the protein.

Anyone know?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Are they supposed to pour that over the entree prior to serving??? I always thought that was a mistake when plating/serving....

Ive seen sauces in ceramic ramkins. So 'matches the dish'=yes, leave in ramekin..but foil= dump on the protein.

Anyone know?
Yes, they're supposed to dump the goop on the gruel.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Anyone have any recent experience w/ TPAC J VEG or Hindu meals?

The wife and I are flying ORD-PVG and return in May in J, and she's an ovo-lacto vegetarian. This is our first time flying J w/ AA; usually when flying int'l J, she'll order the Hindu meal or if we can see a menu ahead of time, just pick the vegetarian option from the regular offerings.

so, questions:
- what is the VEG/Hindu J catering like ex-ORD? ex-PVG?
- loads looks to be light so far in J on both flights (I know not a good indicator this far out); would you recommend pre-booking the meal or just gambling on availability of regular vegetarian option? (She'll bring her own snacks just in case)
- If she does order the Veg meal, and she likes something on the regular menu better, will the FA's give her flak if she wants to eat off the menu / force her to eat the VEG meal? I've heard of this happening in Y, but not sure in AA J.

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Yes, they're supposed to dump the goop on the gruel.
That is actually great news because to me it means:
1) Whoever is in charge of catering (is this the VP of inflight services?) never meant for passengers to see these chintzy foil cups.

2) Someone else (the FAs themselves?) realized that passengers don't like their entrees drowned in a sodium-sugar-syrup goop and stopped doing it.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Bump!

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012

The wife and I are flying ORD-PVG and return in May in J, and she's an ovo-lacto vegetarian. This is our first time flying J w/ AA; usually when flying int'l J, she'll order the Hindu meal or if we can see a menu ahead of time, just pick the vegetarian option from the regular offerings.

so, questions:
- loads looks to be light so far in J on both flights (I know not a good indicator this far out); would you recommend pre-booking the meal or just gambling on availability of regular vegetarian option? (She'll bring her own snacks just in case)
- If she does order the Veg meal, and she likes something on the regular menu better, will the FA's give her flak if she wants to eat off the menu / force her to eat the VEG meal? I've heard of this happening in Y, but not sure in AA J.

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012

so, questions:

Thanks!
These flights have three meal services. For the first meal service a pasta option will be available for pre-ordering within 30-days of flight of course.

As for the remaining two meal services, it really depends on whether your wife is a religious vegetarian or a vegetarian by choice.

I say this because the second meal option will have no vegetarian meal option at all. There will be two choices, an Asian and a Western option.

Having said that, for the first meal service the dessert options are the sundae, some sort of cake, and a fruit and cheese plate. Usually there is plenty of the latter two left and the FAs place them out as galley snacks between meal services. Your wife can certainly ask the FA to set one of these aside as a second meal option since the second meal will not have a vegetarian option at all.

The third meal will have an Asian option and an egg/breakfast option but the meat protein will be on the same plate, so that may be a problem if she cannot eat around it. This meal service usually comes with a salad and a small dessert item as well.

Generally most passengers sleep through the second meal service, and there are a few non-takers for the third meal service as well so if your wife does order a special meal but then decides she wants something off menu, it should not be a problem.

As for the overall quality of the vegetarian meals, it won't be horrible and it won't be great either -- though it will most likely be vegan.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hello! On my forthcoming LAX-LHR, my choices of entrees are:

- Grilled beef fillet with thyme jus, blue cheese potato gratin, spinach, and mushroom

- Ricotta stuffed mezzaluna pasta with tomato sauce, vegetable medlay and fresh grated Parmesan

- Teriyaki glazed chicken with wasabi mashed potatoes and sautéed mixed vegetables

- Pistachio-crusted tilapia with saffron basmati rice and vegetable medley

Would anyone have any advice on what to choose (or perhaps more importantly what to avoid?!) I promise to comment on whether I receive ramequins or tin foil containers! Thanks in advance!!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic

- Grilled beef fillet with thyme jus, blue cheese potato gratin, spinach, and mushroom

- Ricotta stuffed mezzaluna pasta with tomato sauce, vegetable medlay and fresh grated Parmesan

- Teriyaki glazed chicken with wasabi mashed potatoes and sautéed mixed vegetables

Would anyone have any advice on what to choose (or perhaps more importantly what to avoid?!) I promise to comment on whether I receive ramequins or tin foil containers! Thanks in advance!!
Personally I would probably either choose the pasta or chicken option. The beef has not been looking great lately and I just don't like Tilapia in general. LAX tends to be (at least IMO) one of the better stations when it comes to catering. The pasta would be the safest option, though with the sauce on the side the chicken may be okay. I've heard good things about the Tilapia, though like I said, I just don't like it as a fish. Cheap and tasteless IMO.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I've heard good things about the Tilapia, though like I said, I just don't like it as a fish. Cheap and tasteless IMO.
I share your (dis) taste. Not keen on tilapia either. Fish would often be my preferred option but not that fish.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: AA PLT

Same options here Miami to Madrid at the end of the month.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by jrpaz
Same options here Miami to Madrid at the end of the month.
I'm flying in 10 days so should be able to give you some feedback before that! Sort of tempted to try the beef but I heard that they are less good than they used to. I'm just worried of an over-sauced teriyaki gone wrong and the wasabi mash could be hit or miss. Not too keen on plane pasta and not too keen on tilapia so it is mostly between the beef or chicken (how paradoxical!)
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I'm flying in 10 days so should be able to give you some feedback before that! Sort of tempted to try the beef but I heard that they are less good than they used to. I'm just worried of an over-sauced teriyaki gone wrong and the wasabi mash could be hit or miss. Not too keen on plane pasta and not too keen on tilapia so it is mostly between the beef or chicken (how paradoxical!)
Doesn't it feel like you in the movie airplane
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Interesting. I was under the impression that it had all gone single tray. Perhaps that's only from JFK?
Originally Posted by Djokison
I know I read here on FT that JFK eastbound went all express. I've never experienced it myself, since I only do that route westbound. I believe this was the case for other northeast flights as well.

I do not think that was rolled out across the board for Eastbound TATL overnight flights. (As my most recent experience seems to corroborate.)
There are two sets of eastbound TATL flights that have gone to single tray express service in J by default:

1) JFK-UK
2) Late departures to Europe, leaving after 9pm.

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat

Anyone know?
You are exactly correct... For those dishes that are intended to have the sauce served on the side, a ceramic ramekin is catered; if the sauce is intended to be served over/under the protein, a ceramic ramekin is not catered.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: AA PLT/1MM
Originally Posted by jrpaz
Doesn't it feel like you in the movie airplane
"That's right...I had the lasagna."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.