Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How will a flood of US bonus miles affect AA/OneWorld award availability?

How will a flood of US bonus miles affect AA/OneWorld award availability?

Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I'd posit very little as I believe most purchasers will dump their US miles for STAR awards with airlines like NH, OZ, SQ and TG (and LH if policies loosen up) who offer F cabins with no fuel surcharges as does BA. Maybe a few OW fliers are interested in building up their AA accounts when the UA/AA programs are merged, but not enough to distort redemptions of OW F awards space on CX, JL or AA. STAR awards are much more flexible, permitting European stopovers on flights to Asia via Europe for the same mileage as a transPac from NAmerica to Asia. That's how I use my AC miles and intend to use my MP miles (before the rates go up next month). OW awards are rather more restrictive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.