Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Any Upcoming Surplus/Memorabilia Sale for US / AA Items?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

When US merged with HP, they had a sale one Saturday at a warehouse in Phoenix for a lot of the US Air, not HP amazingly, stuff were sold.

I got there late so my choices were limited. I still got hundreds of spoons and forks and also boxes of plates/bowls at very good prices.

Just want to start a thread here so we can share this kind of events I know it probably won't be for a few months - until at least the livery / corporate identity / in-flight service standards are decided.

Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld
Very cool idea. I still have a deck of US Air playing cards from one of my first flights as a child. Granted, those were the good old days when you still got stuff for free, but still a fond keepsake.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
I guess, "get it while you can":
http://www.usairwaysstore.com/

I'm guessing they won't be replenishing the stock when its all gone.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: None
I would expect that it'll be after the inflight service is standardized that those US items (plates, glassware, cups, etc) will go on sale.

Anything with *A and US on it would go after US leaves the *A.

These days, there aren't any schedule books but bag tags, boarding passes, etc with US could disappear pretty soon as they try to present the image of two carriers operating as one to the traveling public.

Of course, there's also the legacy AA memorabilia - anything with the former logo.

Jim
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
LH has sold off old seats. AA should have lots of old semi-layflat J seats on offer shortly!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I nabbed a few glasses from FC on some US legs. They make good orange juice glasses. I guess theyll join my Continental glasses as memorabilia.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:18 am

I'm keeping a close eye on my wings and my luggage tags. In mergers they tend to walk our jackets and luggage
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Originally Posted by bkafrick
I guess, "get it while you can":
http://www.usairwaysstore.com/

I'm guessing they won't be replenishing the stock when its all gone.
It's interesting to check out the "New Arrivals" section as it contains AA items including a "dual logo" cup here: http://www.usairwaysstore.com/script...idProduct=1529
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by username
When US merged with HP, they had a sale one Saturday at a warehouse in Phoenix for a lot of the US Air, not HP amazingly, stuff were sold.

I got there late so my choices were limited. I still got hundreds of spoons and forks and also boxes of plates/bowls at very good prices.

Just want to start a thread here so we can share this kind of events I know it probably won't be for a few months - until at least the livery / corporate identity / in-flight service standards are decided.

Thanks.
I will miss the old AA logo-that is for sure
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
RIP NWA

But they had one heck of a closeout sale....
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
I did score a NWA Elite boarding rug several years ago during the rebranding to DL. It cost $50 and came from DTW, I believe.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by halfpny
Very cool idea. I still have a deck of US Air playing cards from one of my first flights as a child. Granted, those were the good old days when you still got stuff for free, but still a fond keepsake.
Whoa!!! Me 2 :-)
Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
LUS: Any news of a US or old AA memorabilia sale?

Curious if there's any plan to sell off US-branded items as they're replaced with AA items on board? I recall that US sold off a lot of HP-branded items online at one point.

With the US glassware apparently being phased out onboard, I wouldn't mind picking up a few for nostalgia.

d.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
I know the US Airways company store had a 75% off everything sale in late November and closed two weeks after. Who knows what AA has in mind though.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
AA has an online store much like US had; however, most items have to be purchased in quanities of 12 or more. There are a few items that can be purchased as one, but very few. I believe I saw some classic AA items on there. The site is aabranded.com. You might want to check there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.