Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why a merged forum so soon?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: PLA/AA - SLV/DL - GLD/HHONORS
It would be nice if there was a "speculated" sub forum under the consolidated.

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 10, 2013 at 1:42 am Reason: Applied consistent formatting
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe
I understand the desire to integrate the two communities, but when DL and NW merged a combined form was not created until the FF programs merged. I don't recall that it created any problems. As it is the FF programs that are the focus of FT, and they remain separate and distinct, it would seem to be less cumbersome to keep things separate until at least a combined program was announced.
I completely agree.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by 747
I was thinking the same thing but was too afraid to post it.

Way too soon.
No one should be so afraid to post things on here. Something important might get missed.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:46 am

Premature

Merging forums is premature. Although today is Legal Day One, the two airlines will operate independently for quite some time. Merging the forums, esp. with regard to the FF programs, creates confusion, frustration, etc. Very bad decision.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ept0202
It would be nice if there was a "speculated" sub forum under the consolidated.
I like this idea!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1k; MR Platinum; SPG Gold
I just hope we can avoid the UA/CO and DL/NW style back and forth of blaming each sides other legacy airline for "x" problem or how "y" was always done better by my legacy airline.

Also would be great to avoid the inevitable revisionist history and looking back on the past and remembering only the good things about the legacy carrier.

just my 2cents
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So..it's ok now to discuss moderation issues?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
So..it's ok now to discuss moderation issues?
I believe this is why some mentioned being afraid to post. As someone who has been warned or sent to the FT Principal's office or whatever a few times, I refrained from doing so even though I wanted to.

Thanks to those that did feel welcome enough to post their thoughts. I hope others continue to do the same.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
I like the idea of a merged forum. What would be a better date? Jan 7? Its a month away....
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Considering how many threads have been started (and moved/closed ) in this forum in just one day, I think that creating the consolidated forum on Day 1 was a wise move.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Thank you for your input on this issue, folks. Since the question was asked and answered, and the forum moves have already been implemented, continued debate about it is rather pointless -- and off topic. So we'll close this now and return the focus to the many substantive merger-related issues before us.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.