Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - (2017 on)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IADCAflyer
Speculation: New Routes, Hubs, Flights (2017 Onward)
Because there is community interest in having a purely speculative discussion about whether other airports will pop up to become focus cities or hubs, new routes, etc. the following new thread has been amalgamated on this topic.

Note:

Going: 9 A330-300, ER190, some older 757-200 and 8 767-300ER (leaving 17), MD-80

Coming: Remainder of 16 Boeing 26 787-8, 22 Boeing 787-9 (began later 2016). A320 family - 100 A321neo, and B737-800 (100 737-MAX8) aircraft.

See Cranky Flier article on 2016 fleet changes, AA-HP-US. Link.

Also see: HELP DESK: General questions about aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE, etc.

Speculation fun time: Will xxx be the next AA focus city / hub? (consolidated)

Obsolete posts from 2015 on have been moved to ARCHIVE: Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - 2015 on

All posts prior to 2015 have been moved here: ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)
Print Wikipost

Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - (2017 on)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by econometrics
I take great umbrage at your assertion that DFW is in the Midwest.
Depends how far you go back. In 1750 the land where both DFW and ORD are located were part of one colony- called Louisiana.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Well, according to the folks on a.net, IAD-MIA is going away - permanently. I'm honestly kind of stunned as to the shoulder turn that IAD has received by AA. CLT, DFW and LAX only. I know the argument is that AA has a hub at DCA. True, but AA also has a hub at JFK/LGA and continues a robust presence at EWR.

--------------------------------------------------

Thats not what an internal memo from the MIA station manager suggests.

"As we continue to position ourselves for long-term success, we also have made the decision to discontinue service to Washington Dulles (IAD). Our customer loyalty and capacity is stronger at Washington Reagan (DCA) where we have nine daily flights; we can better utilize the IAD aircraft elsewhere. We will still continue to be the leader in seat share between DCA/IAD and MIA/FLL when this change takes effect on December 19."
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone
Depends how far you go back. In 1750 the land where both DFW and ORD are located were part of one colony- called Louisiana.
And Texas was once all the way up to Wyoming.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Well, according to the folks on a.net, IAD-MIA is going away - permanently. I'm honestly kind of stunned as to the shoulder turn that IAD has received by AA. CLT, DFW and LAX only. I know the argument is that AA has a hub at DCA. True, but AA also has a hub at JFK/LGA and continues a robust presence at EWR.

--------------------------------------------------

Thats not what an internal memo from the MIA station manager suggests.

"As we continue to position ourselves for long-term success, we also have made the decision to discontinue service to Washington Dulles (IAD). Our customer loyalty and capacity is stronger at Washington Reagan (DCA) where we have nine daily flights; we can better utilize the IAD aircraft elsewhere. We will still continue to be the leader in seat share between DCA/IAD and MIA/FLL when this change takes effect on December 19."
Didn't they just recently go to 3X daily IAD-MIA, up from the 2X daily at the time of the merger? I'm actually surprised that they haven't put an E75 at the station to run 3X daily service to ORD. The area around IAD is growing at a fast pace.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by econometrics
I was looking at a DFW-BUD for mid-August this morning. It was about $200 higher to go via PHL vs. go to LHR, then onward on BA. PHL flight would get me there about 10 hours earlier, however.
When I looked at the seat map for Friday 12 August, all of MCE was taken, save one seat, and most of economy was X out, too. I was surprised.
We just returned from BUD... Had a great time... saved a ton of $'s out of MIA going MIA-(AA)-LHR-(BA)-BUD. $550 (plus used SWU for AA J) vs $1200 at the time.... Not sure what the fares are today.....
econometrics likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
TLV Underserved

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So what you're saying is there's a boatload of capacity that's added to USA-TLV...
YES!

Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:31 am

I haven't seen this anywhere. AA considering PHL-Dubrovnik in S19

American eyes Dubrovnik service
akcae, aztimm, AANYC1981 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by nova08
I haven't seen this anywhere. AA considering PHL-Dubrovnik in S19

American eyes Dubrovnik service

Naples and Palermo are also rumored to be under consideration
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
It might still be a 8-10 months off, but any speculation as to where AA is going to fly to with access to the 7 refurbished gates in Concourse A at CLT?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Cltfc
I don't see how those cities would be next. Industrial towns. I'd expect to see cities like TXL or WAW or BRU or VIE first.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:21 pm
Suspended

According to whom, exactly?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I don't see how those cities would be next. Industrial towns. I'd expect to see cities like TXL or WAW or BRU or VIE first.
PHL-VIE would be huge. Would be a struggle for sure in the front for AA, but we need something to break the Star monopoly on US-VIE.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
According to whom, exactly?
These are rumors floating around route planning. I also heard about Dubrovnic from the same source and thought it was too outrageous to be true.but maybe not..
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by plon
It might still be a 8-10 months off, but any speculation as to where AA is going to fly to with access to the 7 refurbished gates in Concourse A at CLT?
Are AA going to use those gates? Or are they going to be used to increase capacity for other carriers?

Also not sure what the net increase in gates will be, as some of the new 9 gates are replacing existing gates.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:08 pm
Suspended

These are rumors floating around route planning. I also heard about Dubrovnic from the same source and thought it was too outrageous to be true.but maybe not..
Interesting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.