Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: New American AAdvantage FF Program Features (Discussion)

Speculation: New American AAdvantage FF Program Features (Discussion)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 1, 14, 10:53 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Whatís next

We plan to bring current Dividend Miles accounts into the AAdvantage program in 2015
(date as yet unspecified - JD). That means we will combine your award mileage balances, your Million Milerô balances, and your elite-qualifying activity from both programs. In the meantime, continue to book travel and earn miles as you normally would. We will follow up with you when we begin the process of integrating accounts, but rest assured your miles and elite status are safe as we work to combine the two programs.

It will take some time to fully integrate our loyalty programs, including everything from the systems that support them to bringing our terms and conditions in line with one another. We will be sure to keep you updated as changes occur
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 7, 14, 5:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Originally Posted by jasonzid View Post
Will my bonus offers from US and AA cards combine in the second quarter 2015 when they complete the merger? I just got approved for the 50k US and 50k AA cards, I assume this 100k total will become one account AND put me at EXPLAT level?

(first post, hope this where to ask it)
The miles will combine and you will have 100,000 AAdvantage miles.

You will not have any status on AA; you need to actually fly 100,000 miles to get Executive Platinum.
Old Dec 8, 14, 2:52 am

London J Awards Almost Always BA

Originally Posted by coastalguy View Post
^ +1

I'm having a difficult time finding 'Low' redemption for J or F CONUS-EU for spring 2015. ESPECIALLY on partners, which I prefer when traveling TATL/TPAC redemption.
I beg to differ. Try looking for premium flights to LHR. They almost ALWAYS come up on BA metal on the TATL segments, with the commensurate HIGHER fuel surcharges. I just booked LHR J on AA: $5.60. On BA would be $400-600!
Old Dec 8, 14, 3:12 am

Great Points

Originally Posted by diver858 View Post
When making such a "big picture" statement, don't limit it to AA.

Speak to elites from any major US carrier, and they will raise the same concerns. The reason? Airlines are enjoying a period of increased fares, high load factors and relatively stable fuel costs - something they have not seen in a VERY long time. no reason to offer incentives.
Great point. The next event (oil spike, terrorist attack, avian flu, etc.) which causes a dip in travel may have the airlines singing a different tune.

As the US Airways Dividend Miles program was merged into AAdvantage late March 2015, this speculation thread is obsolete and closed.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 25, 15 at 8:47 pm Reason: Add moderator note

Search this Thread
Search Engine: