Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: New American AAdvantage FF Program Features (Discussion)

Speculation: New American AAdvantage FF Program Features (Discussion)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 1, 14, 10:53 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Whatís next

We plan to bring current Dividend Miles accounts into the AAdvantage program in 2015
(date as yet unspecified - JD). That means we will combine your award mileage balances, your Million Milerô balances, and your elite-qualifying activity from both programs. In the meantime, continue to book travel and earn miles as you normally would. We will follow up with you when we begin the process of integrating accounts, but rest assured your miles and elite status are safe as we work to combine the two programs.

It will take some time to fully integrate our loyalty programs, including everything from the systems that support them to bringing our terms and conditions in line with one another. We will be sure to keep you updated as changes occur
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 6, 14, 8:42 pm

Programs: 120% Airline Free Agent, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by inpd View Post
So the pink elephant question is: "When/If AA will follow DL and UA's lead and switch to earning miles as a function of the ticket price cost". If you know that answer feel free to chime in!

But in the mean time when does AA announce changes to its FF program for 2015? is it too late to make changes so AA will keep its current model of earning miles until the end of 2015?
Chiming in:

1. Pink elephants are for drunks.

2. AA will do what AA is going to do. We, the passenger/AAdvantage members, will have less than zero input into those decisions.

3. Any changes, based on our collective less than zero input will be announced when AA decides to announce them.

4. Suggest a Ouija board may be as effective, and as enlightening, as any conjecture, speculation, or wishful thinking.

AA will do what AA is going to do, and they will do it when they are ready to do it. It will happen when it happens. Therefore, anything beyond this point is baseless, and a waste of good electrons.
Old Jul 6, 14, 9:18 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Col Ronson View Post
Just a note from various sources that there will be no changes to AAdvantage or DM in 2015.
Parsing that, all it says is that there'll be no changes in 2015. It's definitely not to late to announce changes for the 2015 calendar/program year.

Jim
Old Jul 6, 14, 9:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Dallas49er View Post
3. Any changes, based on our collective less than zero input will be announced when AA decides to announce them.
If we really do get less than zero input, then presumably they'll do the opposite of whatever we claim we want, right? Seems like a productive angle to work...
Old Jul 6, 14, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy View Post
Parsing that, all it says is that there'll be no changes in 2015. It's definitely not to late to announce changes for the 2015 calendar/program year.

Jim
Nope. The 2015 AAdvantage program will be the same as it is now. Directly from the horses mouth. Believe it if you want.
Old Jul 6, 14, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA 7MM Exec,Life Plat, SPG Plat Amb,Life Plat,Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat
Does this include one world partner awards?

There will be no changes to AAdvantage for 2015, i am 95% sure based on my source who is upper level management.

Any major changes will probably come in 2016 though. Most likely revenue based on par with UA/DL.
Old Jul 6, 14, 11:13 pm

Programs: None
Nope. The 2015 AAdvantage program will be the same as it is now. Directly from the horses mouth. Believe it if you want.
I was just going by your earlier statement from the horses mouth - no changes in 2015 is a different statement than no changes for 2015.

Jim
Old Jul 6, 14, 11:29 pm

Programs: |QF Gold|
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler View Post
Does this include one world partner awards?
I would be surprised if this didn't change in 2015. One way Australia-Europe in First is currently 80,000, less than a 1 way First Level 1 AAnytime award for the US 48.
Old Jul 7, 14, 12:27 am
Suspended

Anyone who believes a statement like that-- "directly from the horses mouth", etc., proffered as such, would have to be a bit of a gullible moron.
Old Jul 7, 14, 12:54 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I find that hard to believe. If only for 1 reason - AAdvantage has 3 elite tiers and US DM has 4. It was already announced that US DM will be merged with AAdvantage in 2015, so no changes are unlikely. And that's ignoring all other aspects of the programs, i. e. one-way awards with AAdvantage but only round-trip with US DM, etc.

When the latest award levels were announced - especially for US DM members, it was explained with the reason to allign better with the AAdvantage program. So, that's what I expect - have both programs be practically identical but differ in name only before they fold US DM into AAdvantage.

What your statement implies is that AAdvtange will continue as 3 tiers and it doesn't explain what will happen to US Platinums when they are merged into Aadvantage.
Old Jul 7, 14, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.5MM, Bonvoy LIFETIME Titanium Elite, HH Diamd, Priority Clb PLT, Ntnl Exec, Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct View Post
What your statement implies is that AAdvtange will continue as 3 tiers and it doesn't explain what will happen to US Platinums when they are merged into Aadvantage.
- I am afraid that US Platinums will become AA PLTs with more generous mile bonus (100%) vs.what they have now (75%). This would be also consistent with the BA tier structure.
Old Jul 7, 14, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct View Post
What I think he is trying to get at is that when the programs 'merge,' they will merely adopt the current AAdvantage program and qualification levels. At the end of the year, they combine our 2014 qualifying points/miles to determine what status we get in the new program. Then DM heads to Florida for retirement in early 2015.

It would make sense to hold off on devaluation until 2016, so they can use 2014/2015 to pick up as many disgruntled UA flyers as possible.
Old Jul 7, 14, 11:15 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
The AA twitter said miles will not be combined to get 2015 status. It will be higher of status that you earned on either carrier.
Old Jul 7, 14, 11:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Au, AA LT Pt (2.9 MM), UA Au (meaningless), HH Au, Wyndham Pt
Originally Posted by grapkoski View Post
At the end of the year, they combine our 2014 qualifying points/miles to determine what status we get in the new program.
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn View Post
The AA twitter said miles will not be combined to get 2015 status. It will be higher of status that you earned on either carrier.
This is a key point for me (and possibly others on this board as well), and it would be good to have a really definitive answer on this point from AAdvantage.

I have ~1000 EQM (or whatever they're called) on US from this year and they would actually put me over the 100k mark if merged with my AA EQM. Without them, I'm going to need another short trip on AA in order to requalify.

heyeaglefn, do you have a link to the AA Twitter post?
Old Jul 7, 14, 11:34 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAEE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Alex_I View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct

- I am afraid that US Platinums will become AA PLTs with more generous mile bonus (100%) vs.what they have now (75%). This would be also consistent with the BA tier structure.
Not sure why BA tier structure is relevant. The consistent message we have heard is that the new program will have wins and loses from each of the pm programs.

Your proposal would be a messy matrix... A US Elite who earns on status may reach 100 segments but less than 100,000 PQM ... That would qualify as US Plt but match to AA Exec Plt.
Old Jul 7, 14, 11:42 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
https://twitter.com/AmericanAir/stat...13156667080705

Search this Thread
Search Engine: