Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: New American AAdvantage FF Program Features (Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

What’s next

We plan to bring current Dividend Miles accounts into the AAdvantage program in 2015
(date as yet unspecified - JD). That means we will combine your award mileage balances, your Million Miler™ balances, and your elite-qualifying activity from both programs. In the meantime, continue to book travel and earn miles as you normally would. We will follow up with you when we begin the process of integrating accounts, but rest assured your miles and elite status are safe as we work to combine the two programs.

It will take some time to fully integrate our loyalty programs, including everything from the systems that support them to bringing our terms and conditions in line with one another. We will be sure to keep you updated as changes occur
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by PainCorp
I heard they're going to transition to SkyMiles.
Has the *A program sharing been working well (profit wise)? If so Avios could go global.
Old May 16, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by tonytifao
I heard around sept! From an Admirals club agent!
Well I heard Oct 2015 from a US GA.
Old May 17, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by HatAndJacket
On a scale of 1-10, how watered down do you think aadvantage really is from lifetime elites from CC spend, and how will that impact incoming US elites with regard to upgrades, etc?
0-1.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think there are enough of them to be statistically significant. Additionally, if their elite status is only derived from LT status, they likely don't fly enough and/or are loyal enough to have much of an impact, anyway.
Old May 17, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List

Don't know why any GA or any agent would have information that wouldn't have leaked through other channels by now.
Old May 17, 2014, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Don't know why any GA or any agent would have information that wouldn't have leaked through other channels by now.
There are always employees that know more. Some just enjoy watching the speculation....
Old May 17, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List

Yes but usually not the front line employees.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:09 pm

Yes but usually not the front line employees.
+1
Old May 18, 2014, 12:46 pm

Assume this has been posted somewhere but couldn't find it so apologies if I am repeating but the latest mailout from USAirways DM is that the 10,000 preferred miles given yearly for us of the airline-affiliated MC is going away at the end of the calendar year. No more companion certificates. To those who have speculated that the combined USAirways/AA FF programs will award miles based on distance as well as cost seems pretty likely now IMO.
Old May 18, 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bootman4U
Assume this has been posted somewhere but couldn't find it so apologies if I am repeating but the latest mailout from USAirways DM is that the 10,000 preferred miles given yearly for us of the airline-affiliated MC is going away at the end of the calendar year. No more companion certificates. To those who have speculated that the combined USAirways/AA FF programs will award miles based on distance as well as cost seems pretty likely now IMO.
MasterCard thread covered this. It can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...er-thread.html
Old May 18, 2014, 2:24 pm

If I book a few award flights on AA metal using my US Air miles
and finally the programs merge later this year, I will be able to change the date
for free right? What s@cks is any change on US Air is $150, even just the date...

Any timeframe or still nothing?
Old May 18, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
and finally the programs merge later this year, I will be able to change the date
for free right? What s@cks is any change on US Air is $150, even just the date...

No one knows at this point. Just because AA/AAdvantage has that policy doesn't mean it will stick around with the combined program.
Old May 18, 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Big_Foot

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
No one knows at this point. Just because AA/AAdvantage has that policy doesn't mean it will stick around with the combined program.
FWIW - I don't think anyone is really predicting they fully merge the programs this year. I think most, myself included, think 2015 will be the transition year, with 2016 the first full year of one program. So if you are flying this year, it is a big gamble.

I think there is a better chance you will be able to transfer miles between accounts at some point prior to full merger of FF programs. In theory, you could then take advantage of current rules.

But, as AAerSTL stated we just don't know.
Old May 18, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA - 1K MM, AA - EXP, DL & US - Kettle, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Gold, HiltonHonors - Gold
Smile I can see these names working

Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
I seriously doubt a 75k level would be called Platinum, since anyone who has flown 2MM now has lifetime Platinum, and they would be understandably upset to find themselves "downgraded" to Gold (and the lifetime Golds to Silver).

My guess (for consistency with the past and least overall unhappiness) would be Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Executive Platinum.

That makes sense.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bootman4U
The elite-qualifying-miles for spend is becoming an exclusive feature of the high-end Executive card, so I don't think that's a valid assumption, at all.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Would it make any sense for the "new" AAdvantage program to leapfrog the other carriers and become revenue-only (no miles or points or segments)? Would this be too shocking to current elites and/or oneworld partners? Something along the lines of: Gold (Ruby) at $W; Platinum (Sapphire) at $X; Platinum Plus (Sapphire) at $Y; and Executive Platinum (Emerald) at $Z? Thereby, HV customers would be recognized as those spending money over people who fly a lot of low-cost miles. All the current systems are akin to rewarding the people who shop a lot but buy little over those who may shop once a year but buy top of the line. For example, if I fly paid First once a year on an international flight costing $10,000, shouldn't I be considered HV to AA, even if only 18,000 miles or so? Maybe holders of the Executive card, for example, would get extra credited dollars to their total after a set amount of charges each year. Just speculating and throwing this out for comments/attacks (as you so choose).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.