Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / USAirways Club Merger Developments, Reciprocal Access [Master Thread]

Old May 5, 2014, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

AA Admirals Club and US Airways Club members currently have reciprocal Club access.

Please note: CitiBank's AAdvantage World Executive Card provides full Admirals Club membership, not "Admirals Club access". Also note here is no actual one month pass, only the one month membership, which includes full Admirals Club privileges; though not so with the 24 hour pass, which provides Club access to one person).

US Airways and American Airlines members have full oneworld lounge access privileges, as US is now listed as a oneworld affiliate airline under American Airlines' oneworld membership.

Please add changes as they occur. Such as:

DCA / Washington Reagan: June 5, 2014, the US Airways Club located on the Center Pier at Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) will consolidate with the Admirals Club on the Center Pier. The US Airways Club on the North Pier will continue operating.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / USAirways Club Merger Developments, Reciprocal Access [Master Thread]

Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by rsachek
Quick question: We are flying CLT-LAX, then LAX-PPT in business class on TN, all booked on an AA award. I have the citi executive card so I know we can access the admirals club but what about the "flagship" section? Is flagship that much different anyway?
Yes, it's different (see the Flagship Lounge thread, currently in the AApc forum), and you won't have access. If you were Emerald departing on a oneworld airline longhaul, it'd be a different story (TN has nothing to do with oneworld, though it's a non-oneworld partner of AA where you can book awards and AA codeshare flights - no miles of any kind for flying TN otherwise).

CLT-LAX in F doesn't qualify for Flagship Lounge I either; you'd have to fly CLT- JFK- LAX, the latter in three class First, for JFK and Flagship Lounge access.

Your Citi Exec card includes full Admirals Club membership, so you can visit there. On TN in Business, you ask TN check-in staff for passes to the lounge they use at the moment at TBIT.

Air Tahiti Nui often uses the shared lounge also used by EVA Air, Air India, China Airlines, China Eastern, El Al Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Philippine Airlines as Mabuhay Lounge and used to be used by Mexicana Airlines, on the 4th floor, North wing of the TBIT, iirc . Sometimes, the SkyTeam / Korean Air lounge. Sometimes, no lounge, in which case you are given a meal voucher. SkyTeam / Korean lounge is Priority pass / Diners Club, so there may be access for some.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Ok, so seriously, where is the soup in the ORD AC? Last time I was there, the desk agent was advertising it verbally, but I never found it. Do you have to ask?
Assume you're talking H club - if you're standing in the part of the club where the bar is immediately in front of you and the little window where you can buy food is directly to your left, walk towards the bar, turn left, and it's immediately on your left.

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Apparently soup doesn't go out till 3pm :/
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
I went through MIA today at noonish and asked the same question "where is the soup

The reply was that it only becomes available after the meal hours and if you want it now at noon you have to buy it off the menu.

Why on earth would anybody buy an Admirals Club membership at today's prices with that business plan to squeeze even more money out of the members.
When US Airways shut down the Envoy (Business Class) lounge in PHL a few years ago, they expanded the soup to the regular US Airways clubs during the pre-TATL departure hours when they used to have heavier food in the Envoy lounge. That's where the current "soup window" of 3pm - 8pm-ish came from...roughly that window where someone would be in the lounge prior to a TATL flight.

Not arguing it shouldn't be changed now, but that's where it originated and I believe it's still that way because the expansion of the soup to the entire AC system was a carryover from the US Airways policy on this.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I'm still not seeing any soup in the DCA AC on the C concourse, but they upgraded the furniture since my visit last week. New seats have the swivel tray, which is nice. Can't be certain, because the arrangement of the chairs seems similar, and it's really crowded here this afternoon, but it does seem like there are less seats. Nevertheless, an improvement from the ancient furniture they had in here before.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I agree the complimentary food selection between 10AM-3PM is lacking, just yogurt covered pretzels, the nut mix, cookies and usually mushy apples. Soup would be a welcome addition along with those Dorito type chips. We could dream maybe about finger sandwiches.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA
I haven't seen soup once in LAX, including during the soup hours. (In fact I'm in LAX AC during soup hours right now and no soup. In fact they don't even have the vegetables and crackers and olives out.)
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:27 pm

Look at us... begging for scraps!

At some point, one of the world's largest airlines should start to think about dedicated international lounges with proper food and beverages.

In the larger airports with multiple lounges it would not be that hard to take one lounge and make it an international lounge. USdbaAA could group international departures in that area when possible. Other airports, you could simple split off part of a lounge or offer food coupons.

If you want to play with the big global airlines, you need to act like a big global airline.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by chrisremo
I haven't seen soup once in LAX, including during the soup hours. (In fact I'm in LAX AC during soup hours right now and no soup. In fact they don't even have the vegetables and crackers and olives out.)
I've seen both over at the commuter terminal AC in February.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by chrisremo

Look down near the computers. That is where the oatmeal and bagels were the other morning I was there.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by 110pgl

At some point, one of the world's largest airlines should start to think about dedicated international lounges with proper food and beverages.

In the larger airports with multiple lounges it would not be that hard to take one lounge and make it an international lounge. USdbaAA could group international departures in that area when possible. Other airports, you could simple split off part of a lounge or offer food coupons.

If you want to play with the big global airlines, you need to act like a big global airline.
That's not always possible; widebody-capable gates aren't always just plunked right next to each other in a single concourse. At CLT, for example, the nicest Club location is the one between C and D concourses, but at the height of the summer seasonal Europe flying, there are departing A330s parked way down at the end of B since all the widebody gates in D are spoken for.

So then we'd have someone with your argument saying "well, my international flight obviously deserves to be close to the fancy lounge, and your flight doesn't", and there'd be no improvement over the current situation.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by ubernostrum
That's not always possible; widebody-capable gates aren't always just plunked right next to each other in a single concourse. At CLT, for example, the nicest Club location is the one between C and D concourses, but at the height of the summer seasonal Europe flying, there are departing A330s parked way down at the end of B since all the widebody gates in D are spoken for.

So then we'd have someone with your argument saying "well, my international flight obviously deserves to be close to the fancy lounge, and your flight doesn't", and there'd be no improvement over the current situation.
Charlotte is the perfect example... In the C/D lounge they could take the old smoking room and make it the international lounge.

The walk from C/D club to the end of B is 10-15 minutes max - an easy walk for international lounge. In many international airports overseas, the walk can be 20 minutes or more.

It is not going to be perfect. But, we have nothing now. So any improvement is a step up.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by 110pgl

You mean like the dedicated Envoy lounge that for years US used to run in PHL? That is the perfect example, where all international flights were consolidated to terminal A, and the lounge was easily accessible to all A gates. The Envoy lounge was hands-down the best lounge for business class travelers out of any US-based carrier. It's a shame that it was converted in 2011 to a regular club.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
You mean like the dedicated Envoy lounge that for years US used to run in PHL? That is the perfect example, where all international flights were consolidated to terminal A, and the lounge was easily accessible to all A gates. The Envoy lounge was hands-down the best lounge for business class travelers out of any US-based carrier. It's a shame that it was converted in 2011 to a regular club.
Yes! Exactly!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.