FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1523205-qatar-airways-qr-redeem-aa-miles-award-master-thd.html)

JJeffrey Feb 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by vprp (Post 29432139)
Is there a link to the published fare routing routes?

I want to do ICN->MLE and am wondering if ICN->DOH->MLE would be possible. ICN is Asia 1, DOH is Middle East and MLE is Indian subcontinent. I saw an article stating Asia 1 to India via Asia 2 is possible but wondering if a DOH connection would be possible as well. 40,000 miles for one way in business class for this flight would be awesome.

Middle East and Indian Subcontinent are still treated as the same region for 3rd region routing purposes. ICN-DOH-MLE should be no problem as a single award.

Dave Noble Feb 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by vprp (Post 29432139)
Is there a link to the published fare routing routes?

I want to do ICN->MLE and am wondering if ICN->DOH->MLE would be possible. ICN is Asia 1, DOH is Middle East and MLE is Indian subcontinent. I saw an article stating Asia 1 to India via Asia 2 is possible but wondering if a DOH connection would be possible as well. 40,000 miles for one way in business class for this flight would be awesome.

For fare routing rules, something like Expert Flyer is v useful

It isn't realistic to have all the routing rules for all routes for all airlines listed in one place, you just need to check the rules of the governing carrier for the rules specific to a planned journey

As far as 3rd region exceptions gp, that has been listed at https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1681/2...94536cd6_z.jpg

As noted, Middle East and India are treated as the same continent for routing, so no issue going through the middle east to get to india. Checking on EF, QR does have a fare published for that journey

JonNYC Feb 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 29432163)
For fare routing rules, something like Expert Flyer is v useful

It isn't realistic to have all the routing rules for all routes for all airlines listed in one place, you just need to check the rules of the governing carrier for the rules specific to a planned journey

As far as 3rd region exceptions gp, that has been listed at https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1681/2...94536cd6_z.jpg

As noted, Middle East and India are treated as the same continent for routing, so no issue going through the middle east to get to india. Checking on EF, QR does have a fare published for that journey

Allow me to fix that link for ya:

Dave Noble Feb 18, 2018 8:12 pm

I didn't see any error with the link

saltytheseagull Feb 20, 2018 7:16 pm

It's been a while since I've booked QR awards. I'm trying to book something in March but cannot find J availability from anywhere to/from the US even looking on a Monday. I'm hoping they dump some inventory, but I don't see that happening.

Is there any easier way to search other than punching in everything in BA website for each city pair?

broland Feb 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Time to credit miles earned on Qatar Airways

I know the site says it takes up to 30 days for miles earned with partner airlines to be credited to our accounts. But, on average, how long does it take to credit miles earned on QR? I flew BA and JJ in january and it was OK in 72 hours. It's been 8 days since I've flown Qatar and nothing yet. Any clue?

JJeffrey Feb 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by broland (Post 29443098)
I know the site says it takes up to 30 days for miles earned with partner airlines to be credited to our accounts. But, on average, how long does it take to credit miles earned on QR? I flew BA and JJ in january and it was OK in 72 hours. It's been 8 days since I've flown Qatar and nothing yet. Any clue?

Most of my QR flights from the past year have posted almost instantly. Several long haul's have posted before I even landed at the destination.

That said, I have a QR flight from last week that hasn't posted as well. Flew BKK-DOH-JFK, the BKK-DOH posted immediately but haven't seen the DOH-JFK segment yet, and it's been 9 days as well.

sdsearch Feb 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull (Post 29440294)
It's been a while since I've booked QR awards. I'm trying to book something in March but cannot find J availability from anywhere to/from the US even looking on a Monday. I'm hoping they dump some inventory, but I don't see that happening.

Is there any easier way to search other than punching in everything in BA website for each city pair?

Have you checked every day of the week, or only weekend days? There're been multiple times in the past where they've only released J availability to/from the US for Mon-Thu departures, never for Fri-Sun departures.

If you use Award Nexus (www.award.nexus, click "more signup options" under the green Purchase button to sign up for free as a FlyerTalk member), it'll remember all the searches you did in the past and let you repeat or edit them. A search using a particular engine (BA and/or QF) for a particular travel day in a particular class on a particular route typically uses 1 point. as a FlyerTalk member, you get I think 200 points to start, and can reload 100 points for free every 90 days (once you use them up), or you can buy more points if you like. IMHO it's a way nicer user interface for repeating multiple searches than the BA website.

Also, BA sometimes doesn't show OW availability that QF does. For example, I just checked LAX-LIM (for a particular date) using both BA and QF (at AwardNexus), and both BA and QF found the nonstop LATAM route (which I booked and is now gone), but only QF (not BA) shows the AA-LA connection in MEX (which is not 100% J).

And I remember other reasons (with other searches in the past giving better results with QF than BA) why I made QF my preference over BA at Award Nexus.

broland Feb 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Thanks, JJeffrey!

Antarius Feb 21, 2018 3:56 pm

QR has taken anywhere between 1 day and like 75 for me. YMMV for lack of a better phrase.

skunker Feb 21, 2018 4:51 pm

I did MPM-DOH-MIA and AKL-DOH-LHR last year. AKL-DOH credited before I landed and the rest credited the next day.

I've never had problems with QR flights posting. BA, AY, and CX on the other hand...

Stivelio Feb 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Is it almost possible to find 1 biz seat redemption for hyd-Dallas roundtrip for may-july? :(

umaa83 Feb 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Flew QR to ZNZ in J at end of January and each flight posted the next day. My return ZNZ-DOH-PHL in J on 2/7 and 2/8 have not posted. I fly Qatar about five times a year and usually my miles post within two days. The few times they haven't, have always resulted in me needing to send in my receipt + boarding passes after 30 days and waiting another 30-45 days for them to post. I submitted a missing mileage request on 2/12 and am fully expecting an issue with this trip and for it to be a process to get the miles. It's particularly frustrating this time as I need these miles to book an award trip. The other poster who said anywhere from 1-75 days to post is spot on.

broland Feb 25, 2018 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by umaa83 (Post 29458064)
. The few times they haven't, have always resulted in me needing to send in my receipt + boarding passes after 30 days and waiting another 30-45 days for them to post.

That's exactly what happened. They emailed me asking for boarding pass + ticket. Now, I have to wait.

no1cub17 Feb 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Just got off the phone with AA - so I had no idea that going Europe-DOH-Africa wouldn't be allowed on one award. That is nuts! I guess we'll slum it in economy on a paid ticket in that case. Can anyone confirm that's correct? AA's award chart does say 55K miles Europe-Africa in J, but I guess there's no exception for QR-QR.