Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Does AA operate the flight daily during that time? It's a seasonal flight for AA. Take a look at revenue flight schedules to figure that out.
Also try searching for 2 and 3 passengers instead of 4 as that may be what is available.

Edit: I found lots of availability on July 3rd. the 10th is not out yet.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by yolie
Hi,

I am trying to book 4 coach award tickets to Venice.
i was online at 331. There was nothing on AA only a combination of BA with AA. But if I go forward to Sunday they do have. Will they open flights? Trying to fly on a Wednesday of June 2019.

thank you!
What time of year? AA introduced direct flights to VCE during certain times, which will definitely increase your chances
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:15 pm

June 2019 and flying out of Miami
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:23 pm

Generally any saver space will not show up until 2 days after the flight is loaded. And even then, it may not show until RM decides to throw some saver seats out. But the earliest saver will show up is 2 days after the flight loads.

Hi,

I am trying to book 4 coach award tickets to Venice.
i was online at 331. There was nothing on AA only a combination of BA with AA. But if I go forward to Sunday they do have. Will they open flights? Trying to fly on a Wednesday of June 2019.

thank you!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:34 pm

I’m trying June 19th but if I go to Sunday the 23 then there’s saver awards available. So weird
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:17 am

This is for June 19
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:02 am

I’m trying June 19th but if I go to Sunday the 23 then there’s saver awards available. So weird
If you really want to travel on June 19, put a hold on seats for AA38/BA2586. Yes, LHR sucks, and having to change to LGW for the onward segment is a pain. But you won’t have to pay BA’s dumb YQ fee for an intra-Europe flight, and (IIRC) you can ask AA to change to a connection out of LHR if availability opens up after you fully book.

Or just book the all-AA itin on 6/23. With the backtracking to ORD, that’s a loooong overnight flight in uncomfortable coach seats.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:50 am

I see SUN the 16th and MON the 17th show(EF) 4 MIA-PHL-VCE. I'd agree with 777lover and they may very well back fill over the next little while. Good luck!

Last edited by alien; Aug 10, 2018 at 7:57 am
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Looks like you missed the limited award availability on a seasonal leisure route.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:25 am

No, don’t think so. I have been in it since before the 331 days. Like a hawk. Lol
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You may have missed the initial release of award seats - if there was one. Or no seats may be released for Awards until two or more days after the flight opens for bookings. Or if historically that day has had heavy bookings, RM may trickle or not even release seats if bookings follow through.

If you can get AA transatlantic with BA short haul, go for that. The high YA carrier imposed fees come with BA transatlantic (not transiting LHR, etc.)

Also, read HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance, particularly the Wikipost at the top of the page, for many tips. E.g. aa.com does not show some partners. There are partners people don’t know about (like the Air Tahiti Nui LAX-CDG possibility for those aspiring Awards to Paris).
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:54 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by alien
I see SUN the 16th and MON the 17th show(EF) 4 MIA-PHL-VCE. I'd agree with 777lover and they may very well back fill over the next little while. Good luck!
Four award seats to an aspirational destination on the same flights? If I were doing this, I’d certainly grab those. It’s easy enough, and free, to change dates on Awards like that if my preferred date becomes available. If not, I’d still be happy.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Four award seats to an aspirational destination on the same flights? If I were doing this, I’d certainly grab those. It’s easy enough, and free, to change dates on Awards like that if my preferred date becomes available. If not, I’d still be happy.
To you as EXP, sure--but not free to lowly non-elites, right?
If you change your outbound award travel date to within 21 days of the original booking date, a $75 award processing fee will apply, provided the new date is valid for the original award type claimed
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by beltway
To you as EXP, sure--but not free to lowly non-elites, right?
Your original ticketing date (today) is well in advance of 21 days of June 2019, so there would be no fee to change dates regardless of status.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gradboozer
I was able to find it on QF as well. Does that mean I should be able to book it via AA?
Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this one? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.