Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Try DTW-AMM.
Old May 31, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Try DTW-AMM.
Thanks that’s available, though YUL isn’t strangely enough. I’ll change to ORD if it opens up as there’s no nonstop to DTW from IAH/HOU, my Home base.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:15 am

Europe economy SAAver award round trip

Hi, trying to book economy round trip to Europe from JFK. I currently have 100k AA miles. Travel dates 29/June - 4/July. Searching AA.com, I see that my round trip costs 175k points. Are there any other options through partner airlines to book with 100k points? Or are my travel dates too expensive to book a lower points rate? Because I do see dates outside my travel dates that would only cost 60k round trip.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by slickvik

Thanks that’s available, though YUL isn’t strangely enough. I’ll change to ORD if it opens up as there’s no nonstop to DTW from IAH/HOU, my Home base.
Sometimes one needs to be flexible to find awards.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where in Europe do you want to go?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ft_515
Hi, trying to book economy round trip to Europe from JFK. I currently have 100k AA miles. Travel dates 29/June - 4/July. Searching AA.com, I see that my round trip costs 175k points. Are there any other options through partner airlines to book with 100k points? Or are my travel dates too expensive to book a lower points rate? Because I do see dates outside my travel dates that would only cost 60k round trip.
Assuming that it's working correctly, aa.com should display any available MileSAAver award seats on all of its partner carriers that fly from NYC to Europe. If nothing is coming up at the SAAver level for your dates, then you have either limited your search to AA metal only, or nothing is available on AA and its partners.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Your travel date is at beginning of peak season, so the options might be limited (No saver availability). Is the travel date flexible?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Have you read the Wikipost at the top of the page of HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance yet?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Travelling in peak season to Europe and expecting sAAver awards is like asking if you can find $1.00 long stem roses on 2/14. Best of luck to ya'!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Sometimes one needs to be flexible to find awards.
Agreed. Going to DTW will require a stop in DFW or ORD on the way. I don't really mind that, I'm more worried about baggage being lost with so many connections.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:03 am

@3Cforme, My searches on aa were for Spain,France,Italy.
@andersonCooper, yup, I guess my travel dates are expensive. Unfortunately my dates are not flexible , or my roundtrip would only have cost 60K, like I mentioned in my post. @JDiver, I started looking at it last night, long thread.....still sifting through the info.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Tickets are ~ 900-1300 in Y on those dates. I'd just buy the flight personally.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
@andersonCooper, yup, I guess my travel dates are expensive. Unfortunately my dates are not flexible , or my roundtrip would only have cost 60K, like I mentioned in my post. @JDiver, I started looking at it last night, long thread.....still sifting through the info.
In this case I would have to agree with Antarius above, the cash fare isn't crazy if you compare it to holiday season later this year and the weather in Europe should be way better.

I booked JFK-MXP trip for similar time but unfortunately had to cancel due to change of plans, the price is about right and not too bad in my opinion.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As others are lecturing you about peak season, I'll point out you would be well served by date flexibility. On 7/4, you could fly LaGuardia-PHL-Rome, and return 7/11 Rome-JFK for 95K miles.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
As others are lecturing you about peak season, I'll point out you would be well served by date flexibility. On 7/4, you could fly LaGuardia-PHL-Rome, and return 7/11 Rome-JFK for 95K miles.
The only other advice I will give on this is -flexibility- indeed. Start looking two weeks out. I've noticed that the AA revenue managers are in a habit of releasing award seats very close in to the departure date. Not guaranteed and I've not been searching international, but I've seen that tendency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.