Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Fleet: LAA Airbus A319 - (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Fleet: Legacy AA Airbus A319

The discussion here is about the The newer LAA Airbus A319-115(WL) with two CFMI CFM56-5B7/3 engines and Sharklets wingtip devices (the "WL" designation - renders increased fuel economy / range).

Seat configuration is 8 F, 18 MCE, 102 Y seats.
At seat power is available.
In flight entertainment is served to your device using WiFi.
All AAA319s offer ATG4 (or, some offer 2ku) WiFi.

Note: For Legacy A319-112 and A319-132s, see AA Fleet: LUS A319 CIP; F 8, 18 MCE - completed (master thd)

NOTE: Seat rows 3 - 7 are no longer used in refitted aircraft; those seated rows 4 - 7.

Link to the FlyerTalk Airbus A319 seating guide for the latest seat maps

Note: Legacy US A319s have undergone a CIP (cabin improvement program) to reconfigure to the LAA cabin configuration.
Print Wikipost

AA Fleet: LAA Airbus A319 - (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
But preferring 8F on an AA A319 where half the F seats are bulkhead without much leg room and where AA has ripped out brand new IFE in the A319s that had it? No thanks.
AFAIK, AA isn’t reconfiguring (nor ripping out the AVOD from) the LAA A319s. They’re already dense, so there wasn’t much point.
Old May 10, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
All of my JFK/EGE flights just got downgaged from Boeing 757-200s to Airbus A319s. Any thoughts between the 7C bulkhead seat and 14 C/D? I’m leaning towards the bulkhead, because IIRC there is a cutout for your feet if you’re on the aisle and you can quickly get on/off.
Old May 10, 2020, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by donotblink
All of my JFK/EGE flights just got downgaged from Boeing 757-200s to Airbus A319s. Any thoughts between the 7C bulkhead seat and 14 C/D? I’m leaning towards the bulkhead, because IIRC there is a cutout for your feet if you’re on the aisle and you can quickly get on/off.
Exit row is the best on these...sigh...these sad 8FC keep popping up more and more.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:29 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Anyone know if 1C or 1D has more leg room? If there’s more of a cut out of the bulkhead on either side?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Anyone know if 1C or 1D has more leg room? If there’s more of a cut out of the bulkhead on either side?
Both seats have the same amount of leg room and there aren’t any bulkhead cut outs to speak of. The bulkhead wall on the AC side doesn’t project quite as far towards the aisle as it does on the DF side but the difference is negligible
Old Dec 19, 2020, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
Both seats have the same amount of leg room and there aren’t any bulkhead cut outs to speak of. The bulkhead wall on the AC side doesn’t project quite as far towards the aisle as it does on the DF side but the difference is negligible
thank you this was the info I was looking for!
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
thank you this was the info I was looking for!
May not be a big deal, but you may have to put your overhead bag across the aisle or behind you as the crew tends to utilize the overhead bin space in the A319 in this area in some of my experience on it.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
How is the exit row? Regular armrest or the ones with the tray tables in them? I have N715UW (so legacy US) tomorrow.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by diburning
How is the exit row? Regular armrest or the ones with the tray tables in them? I have N715UW (so legacy US) tomorrow.
Regular armrests. I really like the exit row and always take 14A or F if I'm booking Y.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
Apologies if this has been answered above but I could not find a clear answer. I am flying LGA-ORD next week on an AA A319 in F. Is there any way to determine if the configuration will have seatback entertainment screens? thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
You will only know until you find the tail number of the aircraft and run the tail number against the fleet list on the google AA fleet site.

https://sites.google.com/site/newame...ine/airbus-319
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nickp7286
Apologies if this has been answered above but I could not find a clear answer. I am flying LGA-ORD next week on an AA A319 in F. Is there any way to determine if the configuration will have seatback entertainment screens? thanks!
I would find it less likely than not. In my experience the LAA 319s with the AVOD mostly cycle through MIA and DFW.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by CMK10
I would find it less likely than not. In my experience the LAA 319s with the AVOD mostly cycle through MIA and DFW.
I haven't had any A319s with AVOD ex MIA in a long time even when I often fly MIA DTW which had A319s until recently. I assumed they all have had personal TV screens removed by now.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:18 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by CMK10
A substantial number are cycled out of CLT now. They are dedicated to CLT-EYW (2x daily), CLT-STT (2x daily), CLT-SXM, and CLT-BDA, plus a bunch of close-in CLT-East Coast turnarounds when not being used on those routes. I've flown an LAA A319 now on CLT-ALB/DCA/IAD so far this year.

While their enhanced performance is necessary on CLT-EYW, I am not sure why they are being dedicated to CLT-STT/SXM/BDA as there are LUS A319s that are Overwater equipped that could also be used.

Last edited by CLT; Apr 29, 2022 at 7:57 am
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by fly747first
I haven't had any A319s with AVOD ex MIA in a long time even when I often fly MIA DTW which had A319s until recently. I assumed they all have had personal TV screens removed by now.
I had one for PLS-MIA last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.