Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Old Aug 31, 18, 3:10 pm
  #91  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 6,737
Originally Posted by asf-07 View Post
I really don't see the need for you to post a passenger's face on here. He took 2 blankets - that's an issue between him and the airline.
face? Looks like an unrecognizable back of the head to me.
AANYC1981 is online now  
Old Aug 31, 18, 3:27 pm
  #92  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU + KSFO
Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 5,737
Clearly the takeaway here is that Boeing decided to buy Embraer commercial just so the "aint boeing ain't going" shirts can now we worn on more jets..
Antarius is offline  
Old Aug 31, 18, 3:46 pm
  #93  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 251
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post


face? Looks like an unrecognizable back of the head to me.
Two of the photos were removed, thankfully.
rumboj is offline  
Old Aug 31, 18, 4:31 pm
  #94  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cary, NC
Programs: AA EXP 1MM; DL GM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Hertz Prez Circle
Posts: 547
Originally Posted by cynicAAl View Post
I've seen a Y pax steal the J duvet from the J is overhead bin on DFW-EZE.
This could be its own thread, just update and submit: Ive seen <Y/J> pax steal the <item name> from the <location> on <origin airport code> - EZE.

socalduck is offline  
Old Aug 31, 18, 8:37 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: country Western Australia
Programs: QF WP - AA GLD 1MM - CX Grn
Posts: 2,669
Not limited to AA.

UL flight CMB-CGK a couple of "sweet young things" from the Y cabin helped themselves to blankets on the way out through the business cabin. Certainly not cold in CGK.

I reported it back to my TA in CMB giving her the option to tell UL management or not.

Just one of the options when excessively wandering

Fred
wandering_fred is offline  
Old Aug 31, 18, 11:38 pm
  #96  
C46
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 119
Just saw it on IB, a couple of days ago.

Female Y-pax took a blanket from C-class, while deplaning.
Purser saw that, snatched it right out of her hand and send her on her way out with some spanish greetings.
C46 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 7:48 am
  #97  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southern California
Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Posts: 536
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny View Post
It's only a criminal offense if AA presses charges.
Respectfully, that is incorrect.
TWA884 and Often1 like this.
catcher1 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 8:10 am
  #98  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: PHL
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Posts: 810
Originally Posted by catcher1 View Post
Respectfully, that is incorrect.

In this case it is correct.
Uncle Nonny is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 8:33 am
  #99  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 46,687
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny View Post
It's only a criminal offense if AA presses charges. The FA and the GA didn't stop him.
That is incorrect.

It is a theft, both under applicable federal and state laws.

The practical question of whether either federal or local law enforcement and prosecutors would process a case when the victim does not wish to proceed is another question.
TWA884 likes this.
Often1 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 8:41 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: PHL
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Posts: 810
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
That is incorrect.

It is a theft, both under applicable federal and state laws.

The practical question of whether either federal or local law enforcement and prosecutors would process a case when the victim does not wish to proceed is another question.
If the airline doesn't see it as theft then it isn't theft. Blankets and pillows can be considered amenities no different than in flight magazines, cookies, cups, etc by some passengers. Quite a few people on this website make it a hobby of swiping menus.
Uncle Nonny is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 9:26 am
  #101  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,733
Cookies???

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny View Post
If the airline doesn't see it as theft then it isn't theft. Blankets and pillows can be considered amenities no different than in flight magazines, cookies, cups, etc by some passengers. Quite a few people on this website make it a hobby of swiping menus.
The airline most definitely -does- view this as theft and -not- anything remotely similar to your examples.
TWA884 and apeortdz like this.
JonNYC is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 9:37 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: PHL
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Posts: 810
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny View Post
If the airline doesn't see it as theft then it isn't theft. Blankets and pillows can be considered amenities no different than in flight magazines, cookies, cups, etc by some passengers. Quite a few people on this website make it a hobby of swiping menus.
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
The airline most definitely -does- view this as theft and -not- anything remotely similar to your examples.
The OP stated that there was a FA and GA that did nothing to prevent this from happening. As for my examples, I clearly stated that this is how SOME passengers may feel regarding these items. We're talking about thin blankets that these airlines view as expendables, for crying gout loud.
Uncle Nonny is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 9:40 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Posts: 5,604
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny View Post
If the airline doesn't see it as theft then it isn't theft. Blankets and pillows can be considered amenities no different than in flight magazines, cookies, cups, etc by some passengers. Quite a few people on this website make it a hobby of swiping menus.
Why not grab an inflatable life vest while we're at it.
IADCAflyer is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 9:44 am
  #104  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,733
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny View Post
The OP stated that there was a FA and GA that did nothing to prevent this from happening. As for my examples, I clearly stated that this is how SOME passengers may feel regarding these items. We're talking about thin blankets that these airlines view as expendables, for crying gout loud.
Let me make it simple for you; you're wrong.
TWA884 likes this.
JonNYC is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 9:54 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: PHL
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Posts: 810
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
Why not grab an inflatable life vest while we're at it.
Have you ever tried to find a pair of shoes that matches one of those vests?
Uncle Nonny is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: