Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Old Sep 24, 13, 4:19 pm
  #61  
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SJC
Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Posts: 32,557
Originally Posted by footballfanatic View Post
when one pays more than the cost of an upgrade to fly in domestic first, the little things being out of line can certainly matter.
Agreed. Only the blankets of those on complimentary upgrades (me, for example) should be fair game

Cheers.
brp is offline  
Old Sep 24, 13, 7:14 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oradell
Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge View Post
I saw some dude one day using one of the former red ones as a beach towel in Ipanema.

My longtime AA f/a friend remembers when the 1970's issued square red woven blankets with blue and white accent trim were frequently sited used for Rockaway area beach family gatherings. Seemed they were a popular souvenir among those returning from visiting relatives in the Caribbean.
pgppetch is offline  
Old Sep 24, 13, 9:25 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Programs: UGS, AA CK
Posts: 211
The poor people in coach will do anything.
staren937 is online now  
Old Sep 25, 13, 12:06 am
  #64  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by pgppetch View Post
My longtime AA f/a friend remembers when the 1970's issued square red woven blankets with blue and white accent trim were frequently sited used for Rockaway area beach family gatherings. Seemed they were a popular souvenir among those returning from visiting relatives in the Caribbean.
Pics or it didn't happen
DEQ11 is offline  
Old Sep 25, 13, 10:02 am
  #65  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LFT
Programs: No longer lowly AA Gold, lots of AA, AS & DL miles & BA Avios, some UA miles, former CO Plat
Posts: 8,371
Originally Posted by aamilesslave View Post
Hello, Jerry!

--Did you see all the flowers in that bathroom? It's like an English garden in there.
--They're gardenias, mostly.
--I thought I smelled lilac.
--Yes, there are a few of those, too.
And we'll have more of everything, please!

FWIW, I witnessed a very attractive woman who had been seated in an MCE seat swipe a blanket from F when she was getting off the aircraft at SJC recently......
jlemon is offline  
Old Sep 25, 13, 11:19 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but Plat for a year (yippie)
Posts: 4,315
Originally Posted by staren937 View Post
The poor people in coach will do anything.
What about the rich people in Coach?
QueenOfCoach is offline  
Old Sep 25, 13, 11:35 am
  #67  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 6,768
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach View Post
What about the rich people in Coach?
There are rich people in coach?!?
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin is offline  
Old Sep 25, 13, 12:00 pm
  #68  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,441
Maybe the richest people fly in coach...

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin View Post
There are rich people in coach?!?
JDiver is offline  
Old Sep 25, 13, 12:05 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU + KSFO
Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 5,721
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Maybe the richest people fly in coach...
Depends on when the classification occurs, before or after the flight
Antarius is offline  
Old Sep 25, 13, 12:51 pm
  #70  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,441
Perhaps the immediately previous wording may explain?

"...she got Economy drinks (No Champagne) and her meal came from Economy. She made a half assed attempt at both but I made sure that she got neither."

That is, she received food and drink from the class she paid for, not Club World offerings.

Originally Posted by LINDEGR View Post
What does that mean?
JDiver is offline  
Old Sep 25, 13, 12:55 pm
  #71  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,441
That is just pane weird. The "D. B. Cooper" ladder and hatch are not accessed via the lavatory. Maybe the lav was inoperative and she wouldn't say?

I have seen similar - on a SCL-PMC-PUC-USH the FAs had closed one of the two lavs to store their excess baggage (as well as prohibiting use of the exit row so they could take breaks in those seats).

Originally Posted by freeupgrade View Post
You will laugh on this one...

DFW-AUS in Y yesterday...32 minute flight.

Got up to use restroom during the flight.

FA sitting on jump seat in back and has restroom access blocked with a seat belt. Had literally placed a seat belt as a sort of rope which prevented anyone access to bathroom.

When I asked her about it, she just laughed and said it was "to prevent anyone using the back as an escape in the event of an emergency"...

I have flown at least hundreds of flights over the years - there is a first time for everything...
JDiver is offline  
Old Sep 25, 13, 3:30 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: LAS HNL
Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Posts: 4,479
Originally Posted by freeupgrade View Post
You will laugh on this one...

DFW-AUS in Y yesterday...32 minute flight.

Got up to use restroom during the flight.

FA sitting on jump seat in back and has restroom access blocked with a seat belt. Had literally placed a seat belt as a sort of rope which prevented anyone access to bathroom.

When I asked her about it, she just laughed and said it was "to prevent anyone using the back as an escape in the event of an emergency"...

I have flown at least hundreds of flights over the years - there is a first time for everything...
32 min flt. That deserves a 15 min break
kettle1 is offline  
Old Sep 25, 13, 3:51 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but Plat for a year (yippie)
Posts: 4,315
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin View Post
There are rich people in coach?!?
On business trips, everyone, including the boss (Sam Walton), flew coach, and hotel rooms were always shared.
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...604.frank.html


---------------------

My dear old dad used to say "Rich people don't stay rich by wasting their money".
QueenOfCoach is offline  
Old May 29, 16, 6:48 am
  #74  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PHL
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 2,230
Coach passenger stole a blanket

Strange thing happened on our flight PHL-FLL yesterday. My wife and I were in the last row of F. She had used her blanket and left it in a pile on the seat at the end of the flight. My blanket was unused and was still in the plastic wrapper on my seat. As we exited the plane, a bulkhead Y passenger picks up her blanket and carries it off the plane in full view. As we walked through the concourse, he continued to carry the blanket draped over his arm. Just seemed very weird to me.
apeortdz is offline  
Old May 29, 16, 7:26 am
  #75  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: FLL -> Where The Boyars Are
Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Posts: 18,669
Originally Posted by apeortdz View Post
Strange thing happened on our flight PHL-FLL yesterday. My wife and I were in the last row of F. She had used her blanket and left it in a pile on the seat at the end of the flight. My blanket was unused and was still in the plastic wrapper on my seat. As we exited the plane, a bulkhead Y passenger picks up her blanket and carries it off the plane in full view. As we walked through the concourse, he continued to carry the blanket draped over his arm. Just seemed very weird to me.
My favorite story of this kind was when I completed a transcon in Business - they had the sealed plastic bags with the duvet and large pillow at each seat. As we deplaned, two twin brothers (maybe 18 years old) just ahead of me exited the plane carrying their still-sealed bags. They were making no effort to hide the big plastic bags and in fact walked right past a couple of FAs who said nothing. Oh well .....

Last edited by Non-NonRev; May 29, 16 at 7:52 am
Non-NonRev is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: