Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
when one pays more than the cost of an upgrade to fly in domestic first, the little things being out of line can certainly matter.
Agreed. Only the blankets of those on complimentary upgrades (me, for example) should be fair game

Cheers.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I saw some dude one day using one of the former red ones as a beach towel in Ipanema.

My longtime AA f/a friend remembers when the 1970's issued square red woven blankets with blue and white accent trim were frequently sited used for Rockaway area beach family gatherings. Seemed they were a popular souvenir among those returning from visiting relatives in the Caribbean.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: UGS, AA CK
The poor people in coach will do anything.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
Originally Posted by pgppetch
My longtime AA f/a friend remembers when the 1970's issued square red woven blankets with blue and white accent trim were frequently sited used for Rockaway area beach family gatherings. Seemed they were a popular souvenir among those returning from visiting relatives in the Caribbean.
Pics or it didn't happen
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Hello, Jerry!

--Did you see all the flowers in that bathroom? It's like an English garden in there.
--They're gardenias, mostly.
--I thought I smelled lilac.
--Yes, there are a few of those, too.
And we'll have more of everything, please!

FWIW, I witnessed a very attractive woman who had been seated in an MCE seat swipe a blanket from F when she was getting off the aircraft at SJC recently......
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by staren937
The poor people in coach will do anything.
What about the rich people in Coach?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
What about the rich people in Coach?
There are rich people in coach?!?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Maybe the richest people fly in coach...

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JDiver
Maybe the richest people fly in coach...
Depends on when the classification occurs, before or after the flight
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:51 pm

Perhaps the immediately previous wording may explain?

"...she got Economy drinks (No Champagne) and her meal came from Economy. She made a half assed attempt at both but I made sure that she got neither."

That is, she received food and drink from the class she paid for, not Club World offerings.

Originally Posted by LINDEGR
What does that mean?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:55 pm

That is just pane weird. The "D. B. Cooper" ladder and hatch are not accessed via the lavatory. Maybe the lav was inoperative and she wouldn't say?

I have seen similar - on a SCL-PMC-PUC-USH the FAs had closed one of the two lavs to store their excess baggage (as well as prohibiting use of the exit row so they could take breaks in those seats).

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
You will laugh on this one...

DFW-AUS in Y yesterday...32 minute flight.

Got up to use restroom during the flight.

FA sitting on jump seat in back and has restroom access blocked with a seat belt. Had literally placed a seat belt as a sort of rope which prevented anyone access to bathroom.

When I asked her about it, she just laughed and said it was "to prevent anyone using the back as an escape in the event of an emergency"...

I have flown at least hundreds of flights over the years - there is a first time for everything...
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
You will laugh on this one...

DFW-AUS in Y yesterday...32 minute flight.

Got up to use restroom during the flight.

FA sitting on jump seat in back and has restroom access blocked with a seat belt. Had literally placed a seat belt as a sort of rope which prevented anyone access to bathroom.

When I asked her about it, she just laughed and said it was "to prevent anyone using the back as an escape in the event of an emergency"...

I have flown at least hundreds of flights over the years - there is a first time for everything...
32 min flt. That deserves a 15 min break
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
On business trips, everyone, including the boss (Sam Walton), flew coach, and hotel rooms were always shared.
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...604.frank.html

---------------------

My dear old dad used to say "Rich people don't stay rich by wasting their money".
Old May 29, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Coach passenger stole a blanket

Strange thing happened on our flight PHL-FLL yesterday. My wife and I were in the last row of F. She had used her blanket and left it in a pile on the seat at the end of the flight. My blanket was unused and was still in the plastic wrapper on my seat. As we exited the plane, a bulkhead Y passenger picks up her blanket and carries it off the plane in full view. As we walked through the concourse, he continued to carry the blanket draped over his arm. Just seemed very weird to me.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Strange thing happened on our flight PHL-FLL yesterday. My wife and I were in the last row of F. She had used her blanket and left it in a pile on the seat at the end of the flight. My blanket was unused and was still in the plastic wrapper on my seat. As we exited the plane, a bulkhead Y passenger picks up her blanket and carries it off the plane in full view. As we walked through the concourse, he continued to carry the blanket draped over his arm. Just seemed very weird to me.
My favorite story of this kind was when I completed a transcon in Business - they had the sealed plastic bags with the duvet and large pillow at each seat. As we deplaned, two twin brothers (maybe 18 years old) just ahead of me exited the plane carrying their still-sealed bags. They were making no effort to hide the big plastic bags and in fact walked right past a couple of FAs who said nothing. Oh well .....

Last edited by Non-NonRev; May 29, 2016 at 7:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.