FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1504764-passengers-steal-blanket-duvet-etc-cabin-theft-consolidated.html)

rankourabu Sep 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by kettle1 (Post 21482683)
Blankey stolen... I say stolen!

"OH THE HUMANITY"!

on an one hour flight in LUXURIOUS AA front cabin!

OH THE HUMANITY!! indeed.

Apieinthesky Sep 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 21480383)
I opened the thread expecting to read a story about someone swiping a nice blanket from First class on like BA or EK or something.....

This is a cheap 25 cent blanket on a 1 hour flight :rolleyes: Who cares. The person is just gonna leave it on the plane when done. Or are you implying, that somehow the pax in the super luxurious AA domestic F cabin were subjected to intolerable suffering now that ONE blanket was lifted to be used in the back?

I am sorry, but I fail to feel the outrage expressed in this thread given the context of a 1 hour domestic flight.

I'd be pretty upset if I was cold on the flight and I wanted a blanket to use, but a Y pax took it out of my seat pocket. If I intended on using it, I definitely would've said something.

Exec_Plat Sep 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by freeupgrade (Post 21478686)

When I came back, someone was magically sitting in 13F.

He immediately went back to 13F, and wasted no time in waking up the Y pax who was camped out (with all my pillows) in 13F. The FA immediately kicked him out.

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 21479520)
This is flat out crime. I think there should be a rule of inflight theft. How about taking him to the justice, marking down his name, and calling the cops/security right after the landing?

I once had an FA and Purser very kindly upgrade a traveling companion from Y to F, international, during the flight.

They warned me "please dont mention this to AA as they consider this theft of services and we can be disciplined."

So not sure what the legal status is, but sounds like AA considers this theft....

st1575 Sep 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by FAA1996 (Post 21480817)
Didn't they use to sell blankets on AE flights? For some reason I want to say I remember seeing them on the BoB menu? Maybe I'm thinking of a different airline?

You must be thinking of US's $7 "Power-Nap Sak":

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...maincabin.html

(scroll to the bottom)

footballfanatic Sep 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 21482790)
on an one hour flight in LUXURIOUS AA front cabin!

OH THE HUMANITY!! indeed.

when one pays more than the cost of an upgrade to fly in domestic first, the little things being out of line can certainly matter.

Doc Savage Sep 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by caymancanuck (Post 21476650)
Was on my way home to GCM yesterday from MIA. I boarded early, got settled in 4B and was dealing with some emails when I see an arm reach into the seat back and grab the blanket. The offending passenger was dressed in shorts and a tank top (male) and the aircraft was on the chilly side. The man kept on walking and I had to get out of my seat and tell him that the blanket goes with the seat, he gave me a dirty look then gave back the blanket.

This was all in view of the FA who did not comment.

And I thought Y pax stuffing their luggage into the F bins was getting bad.

I hope he at least left your teddy bear....

Antarius Sep 23, 2013 7:05 am

Originally Posted by FAA1996 (Post 21480817)
Didn't they use to sell blankets on AE flights? For some reason I want to say I remember seeing them on the BoB menu? Maybe I'm thinking of a different airline?

Not sure.

Makes sense though. The ERJ exit rows are freezing

oneworld82 Sep 23, 2013 8:50 am

Originally Posted by caymancanuck (Post 21476650)
Was on my way home to GCM yesterday from MIA. I boarded early, got settled in 4B and was dealing with some emails when I see an arm reach into the seat back and grab the blanket. The offending passenger was dressed in shorts and a tank top (male) and the aircraft was on the chilly side. The man kept on walking and I had to get out of my seat and tell him that the blanket goes with the seat, he gave me a dirty look then gave back the blanket.

This was all in view of the FA who did not comment.

And I thought Y pax stuffing their luggage into the F bins was getting bad.

FAs have a lot to deal with... But you did the right thing!

freeupgrade Sep 23, 2013 9:46 am

You will laugh on this one...

DFW-AUS in Y yesterday...32 minute flight.

Got up to use restroom during the flight.

FA sitting on jump seat in back and has restroom access blocked with a seat belt. Had literally placed a seat belt as a sort of rope which prevented anyone access to bathroom.

When I asked her about it, she just laughed and said it was "to prevent anyone using the back as an escape in the event of an emergency"...

I have flown at least hundreds of flights over the years - there is a first time for everything...:)

Antarius Sep 23, 2013 10:01 am

Originally Posted by st1575 (Post 21483661)
You must be thinking of US's $7 "Power-Nap Sak":

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...maincabin.html

(scroll to the bottom)

That's a pretty good offering. Would like to see AA carry this

skylady Sep 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by freeupgrade (Post 21490104)
You will laugh on this one...

DFW-AUS in Y yesterday...32 minute flight.

Got up to use restroom during the flight.

FA sitting on jump seat in back and has restroom access blocked with a seat belt. Had literally placed a seat belt as a sort of rope which prevented anyone access to bathroom.

When I asked her about it, she just laughed and said it was "to prevent anyone using the back as an escape in the event of an emergency"...

I have flown at least hundreds of flights over the years - there is a first time for everything...:)

It's actually a barrier strap to ensure you don't get locked in the lav if she has to open that exit. The door will block the lav egress.

TheDudeAbides Sep 23, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm appalled by the nerve of some Y pax. Do they really need blankets? I don't see why they can't curl up in some of their left over hay after they're done eating.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Sep 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides (Post 21491598)
I'm appalled by the nerve of some Y pax. Do they really need blankets? I don't see why they can't curl up in some of their left over hay after they're done eating.

I thought they're supposed to eat the hay.

TravellingSalesman Sep 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 21479520)
This is flat out crime. I think there should be a rule of inflight theft. How about taking him to the justice, marking down his name, and calling the cops/security right after the landing?

Wow. A bit extreme, perhaps? What crime would you accuse them of?

Perhaps even US law enforcement has better things to do than that...?

Antarius Sep 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman (Post 21498806)
Wow. A bit extreme, perhaps? What crime would you accuse them of?

Perhaps even US law enforcement has better things to do than that...?

Petty Larceny most likely. Regardless, it is unlikely anyone would invest time/effort in attempting to prosecute it.