FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1504764-passengers-steal-blanket-duvet-etc-cabin-theft-consolidated.html)

Antarius Sep 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by r415 (Post 21478978)
I think labeling them as "premium" headphones is tantamount to grabbing some roadkill, putting it on a tray without cooking it, and labeling it as a "gourmet meal". I've used those headphones before, and I've rarely have them last more than one flight segment, maybe 2 tops.

The new ones aren't half bad. I use a pair frequently (I somehow break headphones constantly, so I stopped investing in anything remotely expensive). Regardless, they could drop the 'premium' - I simply feel "we have headphones available" sounds better than "we will sell you a pair"

I never thought all of the blankets should have been taken off in the first place. I know why AA did it though - to save on fuel.
Cost of cleaning/replacing probably factored in as well. Replacing them is also one more thing that needs to be done in a short turn.

5-10 wouldn't cost too much to fly around. Based on my flying experience, they would sell; especially on red-eyes.

skylady Sep 20, 2013 9:04 pm

The onboard theft is much more prevelant than you may think;)

cynicAAl Sep 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by skylady (Post 21479141)
The onboard theft is much more prevelant than you may think;)

are you referring to pax or employees ? :)

PaulInTheSky Sep 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by freeupgrade (Post 21478686)
I can top the OP's story.

Years ago I was flying EZE-MIA on 777 in 1/2 empty J cabin.

I was in 13D (13E and 13F wree completely empty at EZE when we took off).

Anyway, around 1/2 way (maybe 3/4) thru the flight, I went to use restroom.

When I came back, someone was magically sitting in 13F. Not only that, 1/2 my pillow stash was gone.

I went to the J Galley, and talked with the very nice FA who had earlier served me dinner. The FA said he never saw anyone in 13F (or 13E) while he served the dinner, and double-checked the pax list with seat assignments. He also told me no one was assigned to either seat. Furthermore, he explained that international J and F FAs are trained to memorize the cabin (i.e. where are people sitting).

He immediately went back to 13F, and wasted no time in waking up the Y pax who was camped out (with all my pillows) in 13F. The FA immediately kicked him out.

Yes - the Y pax had the nerve to take the J class pillows with him back to Y::). He forgot his blanket though...:)

This is flat out crime. I think there should be a rule of inflight theft. How about taking him to the justice, marking down his name, and calling the cops/security right after the landing?

rankourabu Sep 21, 2013 6:42 am

I opened the thread expecting to read a story about someone swiping a nice blanket from First class on like BA or EK or something.....

This is a cheap 25 cent blanket on a 1 hour flight :rolleyes: Who cares. The person is just gonna leave it on the plane when done. Or are you implying, that somehow the pax in the super luxurious AA domestic F cabin were subjected to intolerable suffering now that ONE blanket was lifted to be used in the back?

I am sorry, but I fail to feel the outrage expressed in this thread given the context of a 1 hour domestic flight.

elkhornne Sep 21, 2013 8:02 am

I'm seen the blankets stolen many times. Never thought about chasing the person down. I just ask for another.

FAA1996 Sep 21, 2013 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 21478842)
BBoB might make sense. Buy a Blanket on Board. Charge $10 or so for a blanket. AA could stock 5-10 on the aircraft in Y and sell them as needed. Blankets are small and light, so the incremental cost would be minimal.

Didn't they use to sell blankets on AE flights? For some reason I want to say I remember seeing them on the BoB menu? Maybe I'm thinking of a different airline?

LINDEGR Sep 21, 2013 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 21479520)
This is flat out crime. I think there should be a rule of inflight theft. How about taking him to the justice, marking down his name, and calling the cops/security right after the landing?

Please tell me I missed the dripping sarcasm. :rolleyes:

kirkwoodj Sep 21, 2013 10:50 am

Could be worse:
http://www.travelerstoday.com/articl...al-airport.htm

PUCCI GALORE Sep 21, 2013 11:19 am

Well sorry to be rather old fashioned but I share the OP's sense of amazement at the nerve of some people. My own thoughts were that it was a denied upgrade and frankly it matters not if the stupid blanket was 25c or $25 - it is intended for person sitting there not to be helped.

I have seen it all but not blankets or pillows and quite recently some lady "upgraded" herself to CW as she "needed the room and she had been Business Class on TAM". She hobbled like a drunken sailor but oddly enough she had no stick (cane) and was wearing heels that even I would feel vertiginous wearing. She waved some papers around so as no one was sitting opposite her and she was on my side - I let her stay BUT she got Economy drinks (No Champagne) and her meal came from Economy. She made a half assed attempt at both but I made sure that she got neither. Maybe it was my smile that looked like honey dripping from a cobra. I'd had nonsense like

Oddly enough she left at Heathrow and quite honestly I could perceive no problem with her gait so assume that we had a miracle aboard that threatens to eclipse the raising of Lazarus. Now I'd love to see a thread about Miracles as she'd be up there with the best of them.

blackdawn2 Sep 21, 2013 11:43 am

Originally Posted by cynicAAl (Post 21476763)
there problem is that curtain is no security; there really should be a locking door.

I've seen a Y pax steal the J duvet from the J overhead bin on DFW-EZE. As soon as the woman got all snuggled and comfy, the FA came along and took it from her.

good ;) ^

blackdawn2 Sep 21, 2013 11:49 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 21481444)
Well sorry to be rather old fashioned but I share the OP's sense of amazement at the nerve of some people. My own thoughts were that it was a denied upgrade and frankly it matters not if the stupid blanket was 25c or $25 - it is intended for person sitting there not to be helped.

I have seen it all but not blankets or pillows and quite recently some lady "upgraded" herself to CW as she "needed the room and she had been Business Class on TAM". She hobbled like a drunken sailor but oddly enough she had no stick (cane) and was wearing heels that even I would feel vertiginous wearing. She waved some papers around so as no one was sitting opposite her and she was on my side - I let her stay BUT she got Economy drinks (No Champagne) and her meal came from Economy. She made a half assed attempt at both but I made sure that she got neither. Maybe it was my smile that looked like honey dripping from a cobra. I'd had nonsense like

Oddly enough she left at Heathrow and quite honestly I could perceive no problem with her gait so assume that we had a miracle aboard that threatens to eclipse the raising of Lazarus. Now I'd love to see a thread about Miracles as she'd be up there with the best of them.

LOL :D

LINDEGR Sep 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 21481444)
She made a half assed attempt at both but I made sure that she got neither.

What does that mean?

skylady Sep 21, 2013 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by cynicAAl (Post 21479194)
are you referring to pax or employees ? :)

Why, pax, of course!:D

kettle1 Sep 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Blankey stolen... I say stolen!

"OH THE HUMANITY"!