Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:04 pm

So you were on the plane when someone in Y stole (or borrowed?) my AA Bose Headset while I was sleeping? I would guess that you have not seen it all.

I woke up when it was time to collect by the FA and told her I can't find it. She told me later that she found it on a pax in Y.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Well, I thank you as that might have been my seat and MY blanket on that flight. ^
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I saw some dude one day using one of the former red ones as a beach towel in Ipanema.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vrbaba
So you were on the plane when someone in Y stole (or borrowed?) my AA Bose Headset while I was sleeping? I would guess that you have not seen it all.

I woke up when it was time to collect by the FA and told her I can't find it. She told me later that she found it on a pax in Y.

Wow. Seriously, some people have issues understanding the concept that you shouldn't touch stuff that isn't yours/meant for you.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by vrbaba

I don't take the headsets due to the inevitable pain of the collection process.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 6:22 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I can top the OP's story.

Years ago I was flying EZE-MIA on 777 in 1/2 empty J cabin.

I was in 13D (13E and 13F wree completely empty at EZE when we took off).

Anyway, around 1/2 way (maybe 3/4) thru the flight, I went to use restroom.

When I came back, someone was magically sitting in 13F. Not only that, 1/2 my pillow stash was gone.

I went to the J Galley, and talked with the very nice FA who had earlier served me dinner. The FA said he never saw anyone in 13F (or 13E) while he served the dinner, and double-checked the pax list with seat assignments. He also told me no one was assigned to either seat. Furthermore, he explained that international J and F FAs are trained to memorize the cabin (i.e. where are people sitting).

He immediately went back to 13F, and wasted no time in waking up the Y pax who was camped out (with all my pillows) in 13F. The FA immediately kicked him out.

Yes - the Y pax had the nerve to take the J class pillows with him back to Y:. He forgot his blanket though...
Old Sep 20, 2013, 6:23 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I don't take the headsets due to the inevitable pain of the collection process.
Neither do I - its a royal pain.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Wow, I can't believe people would take something in clear view of other F pax/FAs. . .

I do know what it feels like as a Y passenger and being cold. I was on a LAS-MIA overnight flight and was in the exit row. I was in jeans with a light jumper, but was absolutely freezing. Being used to CX, I was half expecting a pillow and blanket for a 5hr overnight flight, but no such thing was at my seat! I think I struck some type of cord with the FA serving F, because as he passed the cabin I quietly asked for a blanket, saying I was so cold. He brought one for me, carefully hiding from other pax view. The pax on the other side of the aisle from me, saw me in the red blanket a few mins later, and requested a blanket from a different FA, who said no. Guess I was lucky, and I especially thanked the FA as I left the plane. It taught me a lesson, when sitting in exit row bring plenty of clothing! I don't have much sympathy for someone coming on the plane in shorts and a tank top!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I saw some dude one day using one of the former red ones as a beach towel in Ipanema.
Maybe he was a first class passenger. After all, Ipanema is one of the fancier parts of town.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CX828
Wow, I can't believe people would take something in clear view of other F pax/FAs. . .

I do know what it feels like as a Y passenger and being cold. I was on a LAS-MIA overnight flight and was in the exit row. I was in jeans with a light jumper, but was absolutely freezing. Being used to CX, I was half expecting a pillow and blanket for a 5hr overnight flight, but no such thing was at my seat! I think I struck some type of cord with the FA serving F, because as he passed the cabin I quietly asked for a blanket, saying I was so cold. He brought one for me, carefully hiding from other pax view. The pax on the other side of the aisle from me, saw me in the red blanket a few mins later, and requested a blanket from a different FA, who said no. Guess I was lucky, and I especially thanked the FA as I left the plane. It taught me a lesson, when sitting in exit row bring plenty of clothing! I don't have much sympathy for someone coming on the plane in shorts and a tank top!
BBoB might make sense. Buy a Blanket on Board. Charge $10 or so for a blanket. AA could stock 5-10 on the aircraft in Y and sell them as needed. Blankets are small and light, so the incremental cost would be minimal.

Unrelated, but when the video says "or we'll be glad to sell you a pair [of headphones] for 5 dollars", I think that sounds like they are nickel-and-diming. "Premium headphones are available for $5" or something sounds so much better.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
BBoB might make sense. Buy a Blanket on Board. Charge $10 or so for a blanket. AA could stock 5-10 on the aircraft in Y and sell them as needed. Blankets are small and light, so the incremental cost would be minimal.

Unrelated, but when the video says "or we'll be glad to sell you a pair [of headphones] for 5 dollars", I think that sounds like they are nickel-and-diming. "Premium headphones are available for $5" or something sounds so much better.
I agree with the person who said it is cold in the exit row - glad the FA did the right thing.

I agree with the comment above re: headphones.

I never thought all of the blankets should have been taken off in the first place. I know why AA did it though - to save on fuel.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Was on dreamliner and my seat mate said she was taking the blanket home because it was so nice.........and she did!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
More the likely a FA.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
I think labeling them as "premium" headphones is tantamount to grabbing some roadkill, putting it on a tray without cooking it, and labeling it as a "gourmet meal". I've used those headphones before, and I've rarely have them last more than one flight segment, maybe 2 tops.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by panjabi
Now, if a F pax was caught stealing something from Coach and bringing it to First Class ..THAT would be news!
Closest I've come to that: After being served the BBQ Chicken Salad about a year ago I was sore tempted to ask the FA if she could wheel the Food for Purchase cart up to F for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.