Wiki Posts
Search

Dfw BA club restricted access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Dfw BA club restricted access

Yesterday I was flying ex dfw intl on AA and was told by the BA Lounge attendant that the lounge was not available to anyone not on a BA flight.

It has been a while since I have tried that lounge so I don't know if this is new. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:42 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by JPL9869
Yesterday I was flying ex dfw intl on AA and was told by the BA Lounge attendant that the lounge was not available to anyone not on a BA flight.

It has been a while since I have tried that lounge so I don't know if this is new. Does anyone have any insight on this?
It's a third party lounge so oneworld rules don't apply.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl

I think that lounge is operated by a third-party. If that is true, this is from the oneworld site: "A non-affiliated third party may operate some lounges on behalf of the individual airline. Access to some lounges operated by third-parties on behalf of oneworld member airlines may be restricted at some times."

EDIT: I see HNL beat me to it!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I believe it's a contract lounge and these don't allow other airlines' passengers per OW rules as those clubs owned by the airlines would.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:49 pm

Here are BA lounge rules...

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...&link=main_nav

"We have over 60 dedicated British Airways departure lounges, and 90 additional partner lounges, worldwide for you to experience. You can use them if you are:

-Flying with British Airways in First, Club World or Club Europe
-A Silver or Gold member of the British Airways Executive Club
-An Emerald or Sapphire Member of any of the oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes."
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by NauticalWheeler
Here are BA lounge rules...

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...&link=main_nav

"We have over 60 dedicated British Airways departure lounges, and 90 additional partner lounges, worldwide for you to experience. You can use them if you are:

-Flying with British Airways in First, Club World or Club Europe
-A Silver or Gold member of the British Airways Executive Club
-An Emerald or Sapphire Member of any of the oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes."
AND... If you follow the "Lounge Locations" link from the BA page you reference, it takes you to the OW page contining the disclaimer I quoted above....

btw OP - I also tried and failed one time....
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Ok, 3rd party... No big deal...

Funny thing about it though, she did tell me I could come back later and use the QF lounge when it opened...

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:16 pm

Ok, 3rd party... No big deal...

Funny thing about it though, she did tell me I could come back later and use the QF lounge when it opened...

Thanks for the help.
Well, if QF will be operating that lounge themselves, that would certainly be true, per OW rules. If not, well third-party operated may or may not place the restriction - perhaps based on contract with the marketing carrier?

Last edited by Madison Guy; Sep 9, 2013 at 6:51 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:31 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I have used it previously (the DFW BA lounge). Surprising as this may sound (and it may be the only place where this is true), it is inferior to the D AC

Smaller, more cramped feeling (as a result), view not as nice.

Cheers.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:42 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
I have used it previously (the DFW BA lounge). Surprising as this may sound (and it may be the only place where this is true), it is inferior to the D AC

Smaller, more cramped feeling (as a result), view not as nice.

Cheers.
I agree. I have a Priority Pass which gets me access to the Lounge @ DFW which occupies the same space as the BA lounge. The AC is much more comfortable.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:07 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The booze is a shelf higher and the snacks a bit better. As noted by brp, it can get crowded and feel cramped.

The rumor is that the QF lounge offers slightly more substantial grub.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:31 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Yes, they are pretty protective of this lounge. Was flying last week AA DFW-LHR with connecting BA LHR-JNB in F (boarding pass in hand). Presented BA boarding pass on top. Access denied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.