Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CDG / Paris de Gaulle Admirals Club & Cathay Pacific Lounges 2A-2C (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Paris Charles De GaulleAdmirals Club
Link to CDG airport information on aa.com
Link to CDG airport website (English version)
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

American Airlines Admirals Club
Location: Terminal 2 past security in connector for Terminals 2A and 2C, level 2, adjacent to the Cathay Pacific lounges. See map below. (As of 1 Aug 2013, the Admirals Club is no longer in the Terminal 2A Satellite terminal, Gates A37-A39).

Note: International arriving passengers must have a valid, same-day ticket for departure permitting access through Security. If you have a same day departing flight boarding pass, you may proceed back airside T 2A/C; otherwise you will be barred entry.

This lounge may not be used for arrivals. Arriving international passengers must pass through France / EU immigration and customs, proceeding landside.

Hours:
For current schedule, please see here.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Showers

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class LoungeClosed
Print Wikipost

CDG / Paris de Gaulle Admirals Club & Cathay Pacific Lounges 2A-2C (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Old thread? Still alive?
I have my first cdg trip.. And will leave Paris on the AA flight to jfk at 11.45..
Is the Ac really better than CX? Any input is welcomed
IMHO

The CDG AC is one of the best in the AA system. The breakfast has a good selection. Staff is superior. There is an ebb and flow of noise and crowd as people enter and leave for their flights. Occasionally there is a wine and cheese cart, that is well worth a visit, even at an early hour.

The CX lounge is much much more quiet, and less crowded. Breakfast is minimalist, but after 10:00 am they have a noodle bar that is excellent. The lunch buffet is also quite good.

MrsDallas49er and I fly in and out of CDG 6-9 times a year. I go to the AC to say hello, grab a bite, and head to the CX lounge. She just goes to CX, and waits for the noodles, and we both enjoy the calm and peace and quiet.

Enjoy!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:25 am

What 49er said. Nice spaces, staff have been great any time I’ve been there.

If you’re so inclined, or someone else reading is, there is a nice outdoor space right there outside the clubs for a quick fix.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
IMHO

The CDG AC is one of the best in the AA system. The breakfast has a good selection. Staff is superior. There is an ebb and flow of noise and crowd as people enter and leave for their flights. Occasionally there is a wine and cheese cart, that is well worth a visit, even at an early hour.

The CX lounge is much much more quiet, and less crowded. Breakfast is minimalist, but after 10:00 am they have a noodle bar that is excellent. The lunch buffet is also quite good.

MrsDallas49er and I fly in and out of CDG 6-9 times a year. I go to the AC to say hello, grab a bite, and head to the CX lounge. She just goes to CX, and waits for the noodles, and we both enjoy the calm and peace and quiet.

Enjoy!
And don't forget they have actual champagne at the CX lounge, if one is into it (I am). But no denying the AC is pretty nice, definitely nicer than anything you'll find in the US. Is it nicer than NRT? Don't know..
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
For breakfast, Admiral's club is much better than CX.

Only have compared early AM.
laagima likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
And don't forget they have actual champagne at the CX lounge, if one is into it (I am). But no denying the AC is pretty nice, definitely nicer than anything you'll find in the US. Is it nicer than NRT? Don't know..
Have only been to the NRT AC once. It is probably nicer than CDG, but was very crowded when I was there.

Though farther from the usual AA gates, I prefer the much quieter JAL Sakura Lounge, with its freshly made sushi, and the AUTOMATIC BEER POURING MACHINE!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Have only been to the NRT AC once. It is probably nicer than CDG, but was very crowded when I was there.

Though farther from the usual AA gates, I prefer the much quieter JAL Sakura Lounge, with its freshly made sushi, and the AUTOMATIC BEER POURING MACHINE!
Don't get me wrong, my favorite at NRT is the JAL F Lounge, but had to check it out. But they do have the beer pouring machine at the AC there too.. Showers are nicer at the AC. What a first world problem.

I think the cheese tray you mentioned is my favorite at the CDG AC, complemented with some decent wine.
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Don't get me wrong, my favorite at NRT is the JAL F Lounge, but had to check it out. But they do have the beer pouring machine at the AC there too.. Showers are nicer at the AC. What a first world problem.

I think the cheese tray you mentioned is my favorite at the CDG AC, complemented with some decent wine.
And when it is there, the AAngels do the cutting and pouring. They have forgotten more about the cheeses and the wines, than I can ever know!

I'll re-check out the NRT AC on September 13th.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:01 am
Suspended

Flying AA in business class during a time when the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge is open. Is it possible to go airside between the area in Terminal 2 where AA departs and the area in Terminal 1 where the QR lounge is as Id much prefer to spend a couple hours there?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Flying AA in business class during a time when the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge is open. Is it possible to go airside between the area in Terminal 2 where AA departs and the area in Terminal 1 where the QR lounge is as Id much prefer to spend a couple hours there?
No. T1 cannot be accessed from other terminals airside. Further, you'll be limited to 2A/2C access only.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
No. T1 cannot be accessed from other terminals airside. Further, you'll be limited to 2A/2C access only.
Thanks and I made a mistake and should have written that I am coming off a the QR DOH-CDG in J so I think in this case it will work out for access since I am coming off the flight in T1 and would then be able to use the QR lounge for an hour before it closes at 830AM and can then make my way to Terminal 2 to the AA/CX lounges.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Anyone know when this will re-open?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Yes, I do. Here's the detailed analysis:

Given that AA has way more traffic at LHR, the CDG lounge sure isn't going to open before the one at LHR.

The LHR lounge isn't opening for a very, very, very long time (see the latest for LHR lounge opening thread).

Therefore, the CDG lounge isn't opening for a very, very, very long time either (and likely way after even that).

QED. And, yeah, that's a syllogism.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Not sure exactly where to post this...Anyway...
AA moved their operations (as of Feb 2023, maybe earlier) to Terminal 2B.
I like that terminal better:
1) security lines seem better organized/moving faster than what I used to witness (suffer) at Terminal 2A.
2) passport control happens after duty free
3) UK/US/Canada passport holders can use dedicated control lanes, and the automated scanners. But still need to get the passport stamp

As for Lounge, I did not try to access the Extime Lounge.
gate_pourri likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Does anyone have any info concerning the CDG Extime Lounge since AA moved their operations and the Admirals Club is closed?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I have no first-hand experience, but here are some data points: first, Admirals Club membership (via Citi Exec card or otherwise) does NOT get you into the Extime lounge, at least according to AA's website; second, it would appear that access can be purchased for something like the usual price for that sort of thing (this requires confirmation); and third, a return to Terminal 2C and the old Admirals Club is projected for early 2024 (though I suspect that that's wildly optimistic). Otherwise, the on-line reviews are at least decent if not great -- though they do have real food. If anyone has better on-the-ground information, let us know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.