Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2014-15 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2014-15 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Hahaha. I was there that night and originally booked on that DFW departure, but in the end canceled out as I would miss my onward connection and screw up the meetings I had scheduled. I actually felt bad for the guys down working outside. I saw a few of them fall and when they were pushing out the MIA flight, they got stuck trying to get the aircraft pushed.

Just to correct you a little bit, AA235's bird was pushed away from D9 in order for AA2459 to come in and make up our flight. Our original plane was the one pictured on the left at D7, which was AA1017. Only reason why I know that was I watched all those flights like a hawk once the snow really started to stick and verified with the Agents there. Man, it was a mess getting home too.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
Hahaha. I was there that night and originally booked on that DFW departure, but in the end canceled out as I would miss my onward connection and screw up the meetings I had scheduled. I actually felt bad for the guys down working outside. I saw a few of them fall and when they were pushing out the MIA flight, they got stuck trying to get the aircraft pushed.

Just to correct you a little bit, AA235's bird was pushed away from D9 in order for AA2459 to come in and make up our flight. Our original plane was the one pictured on the left at D7, which was AA1017. Only reason why I know that was I watched all those flights like a hawk once the snow really started to stick and verified with the Agents there. Man, it was a mess getting home too.
Thanks for the correction. I didn't come to the gate until shortly before the scheduled boarding time since I waited for the Board Room to close at 10:30, so I don't think I saw the flights come in. I did get the impression, however, that the plane used for our flight (AA 2459) was held short of the gate for quite some time before people were able to deplane.

While things were a mess at the gate, you missed the real fun once we got onboard and took off. I was off to the side over by D9 and one of the few people over there until they announced that they were switching to departing out of D9. It was shortly after that when I took the pictures at the gate. Everyone then clustered around the gate as the passengers were coming out of D9 and then D8 (as we were trying to board).

It was a bit frustrating since I missed my onward connection of AA 1289 DFW-PHL by a couple of minutes, but the Admirals Club staff was able to get me on the next AA departure. (The system had auto rebooked me on the next flight, which was operated by US - no thanks.) Unfortunately, just when I thought the trip could not get any worse this happened.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
What's up with Feb13 AA56 [MIA-LHR] and Feb14 AA57 [LHR-MIA]?

Does anyone know why AA56 MIA-LHR operated by 777-300ER was cancelled today so suddenly?

Is this due to the 77W that arrived as AA57 early today going tech?

It seems that tomorrow's (Feb 14) AA57 was originally supposed to operate with the aircraft that comes to LHR as AA106. But this has been cancelled as well.

Anyone knows why these 2 flights have been cancelled short notice? Something to do with snow storm up North?

I am flying AA56 MIA-LHR tomorrow, and I really don't want to get cancelled ...
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Cancellation due to crew issues, which is not too surprising given the weather issues today.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:35 pm

Wow. Crew issues!? I did not expect that. . .

It seems though that AA56 tonight was scheduled as normal then reported a 2hour delay, and then only last minute did it cancel. Why would that be?

Gee.. I really hope they got it all together for tomorrow's AA56.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: AA
AA 36 DFW-MAD was cancelled on 2/13. I was autorebooked same day, but my friend without status and on a different PNR was rebooked for 2/14 and (thankfully) received vouchers for food and hotel.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:13 am

Hi all,

Just looking at today's AA56, and it is now also showing a 2hour delay. Any reason for this delay? Crew or tech?

I am really worried it is going to get cancelled . . . .
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by CX828
Hi all,

Just looking at today's AA56, and it is now also showing a 2hour delay. Any reason for this delay? Crew or tech?

I am really worried it is going to get cancelled . . . .
Can you move to one of the other flights leaving tonight?

I share your concerns
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by orlando flyer
Can you move to one of the other flights leaving tonight?

I share your concerns
I'd rather stay on AA56 because it is the 777-300ER, a much nice ride, but If it will get cancelled, then I would move to AA38.

Im just trying to find out why it is showing delay, and if it will turn to cancellation . . .
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:56 am

Hmmm Even if AA56 does go, it's postponed until after the AA38 departs.....hmmmm
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:05 am

Hmmm Even if AA56 does go, it's postponed until after the AA38 departs.....hmmmm
I have just been informed here at the Admirals club that AA56 is delayed and is awaiting decision on whether or not to cancel based on mechanical problem. Basically there is a high chance of cancellation.

I have managed to get a confirmed seat on AA38 in the event AA56 is cancelled. I suggest you contact AA to try to get a seat on AA38 in case AA56 does not depart.

This plane has been in MIA since yesterday afternoon (Tail # N1718AN) and did not depart last night as the AA56 was cancelled, so this must be a serious mechanical issue.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by CX828
I have just been informed here at the Admirals club that AA56 is delayed and is awaiting decision on whether or not to cancel based on mechanical problem. Basically there is a high chance of cancellation.

I have managed to get a confirmed seat on AA38 in the event AA56 is cancelled. I suggest you contact AA to try to get a seat on AA38 in case AA56 does not depart.

This plane has been in MIA since yesterday afternoon (Tail # N1718AN) and did not depart last night as the AA56 was cancelled, so this must be a serious mechanical issue.
Thank you for the information. I am not on tonight's flight, but I do have a reservation on AA56 soon. Good Luck for tonight and a pleasant trip.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:45 pm

Thank you for the information. I am not on tonight's flight, but I do have a reservation on AA56 soon. Good Luck for tonight and a pleasant trip.
Ah, ok well hopefully you have better luck then myself. I have now switched over to AA38 and AA56 is showing delay until 10:40pm. Apparently now the delay is no longer mechanical, but crew time out and they are awaiting pilots from DFW.

Anyways I think that the 77W operation should be getting back to normal soon for MIA.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
2014 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

Saw them towing the 77W to the gate around 6:15 from the D30 AC so wouldn't seem to be mechanical, hope it goes out! I'm on AA1057 to SEA and we are already 2.5 hours late and on our second aircraft, first one had a/c issue while taxiing. Crew was told wrong new gate for everyone to go to as well and flight no longer listed on board so a plane load of people going from D50 to D15 to D40. Fun times!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
AA51 cancelled 2/16

AA51 was delayed, then cancelled today. Replaced by a 772, flt 9227. I was automatically rebooked, managed to keep my upgrade. Seat map said it was a 762 but showed 772 seats. Last few months I have had lousy luck on 773 flights.

Not sure which incoming flight this usually is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.