Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2014-15 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2014-15 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:39 am

Flight 1014 LAS to LAX 2/1/2014 delayed over 2 hours due to "paper work" issue. Plane sat on taxiway for a while, returned to gate, deplaned, reboarded.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Several Cancelled AA Flights (Superbowl Sunday ?)

Flying SEA-DFW-DCA today. While my flights are flying - a couple of flights from SEA-DFW are cancelled along with several evening flights to DCA.

I guess Superbowl Sunday is the reason - I don't think there is bad weather today in the USA.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
ICE / Weather in DFW.

Due to winter weather, airlines at DFW Airport have cancelled 280 departures scheduled for Sunday, February 2. Pre-treating of the airfield and roads is underway, and airlines are prepared to de-ice their aircraft. Please check the status of your flight at dfwairport.com/flights or on the official DFW Airport mobile app.
https://www.facebook.com/DFWAirport/...?stream_ref=10
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by cova
Flying SEA-DFW-DCA today. While my flights are flying - a couple of flights from SEA-DFW are cancelled along with several evening flights to DCA.

I guess Superbowl Sunday is the reason - I don't think there is bad weather today in the USA.
As American Airlines is still operating as a distinct entity, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by adambrock
Weather - but even though they have cancelled several flights (say on the DFW-DCA route), AA is still selling revenue seats on the few remaining flights. I suspect the weather is allowing an opportunity to consolidate lightly loaded flights.

The one remaining evening flight DFW-DCA (after cancelling 3 others before or after) is still showing all classes of coach service with 7 seats - the max number. If a single Sunday evening flight with 3 out of 4 flights cancelled still shows:
F0 A0 P0 Y7 H7 B7 K7 M7 W7 G7 L7 S7 V7 N7 Q7 O7
then there is more than weather. All four evening flights are usually full on a Sunday night DFW-DCA.

So I really think Superbowl is a factor here and weather is a good excuse.

When I purchased ticket 2 months ago - AA.com was only offering as a connecting flight,the flight I am on (with 2.5 hours connection time) so I suspect someone knew about Superbowl then.

PS - the one flight has now switch to: (30 minutes later than above status)

F0 A0 P0 Y0 H0 B0 K0 M0 W0 G0 L0 S0 V0 N0 Q0 O0

In DFW, asked the AC agent, she indicated they were doing distributed cancellations to be able to handle the needed de-icing. But the airport is pretty dead and no lines at customer service for all the cancellations.

Last edited by cova; Feb 2, 2014 at 5:01 pm
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Ground stop in DFW listed as 'Airline Request'

Anyone know why?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Antarius
Ground stop in DFW listed as 'Airline Request'

Anyone know why?
Could be the snow and winds here. There's a long line at the counters in the AC on the A side for rebooking. Newark, DCA, Philadephia and Boston flights scheduled around now have been cancelled, as well as some Eagle flights. Deicing in progress at two stations that I saw on the way in. There was a line of planes at one deicing station. Maybe they're just trying to catch up.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tom911
Could be the snow and winds here. There's a long line at the counters in the AC on the A side for rebooking. Newark, DCA, Philadephia and Boston flights scheduled around now have been cancelled, as well as some Eagle flights. Deicing in progress at two stations that I saw on the way in. There was a line of planes at one deicing station. Maybe they're just trying to catch up.
Got it. Used to seeing 'WEATHER' as the listed reason - my first thought on seeing 'AIRLINE REQUEST' was that Sabre crashed again or something

I am flying DEN - DFW - ORD - BOS tomorrow. Somehow this sounds like a really bad idea.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA, UA
I'm flying AUS-DFW-SAN tomorrow afternoon. Hoping for better weather tomorrow. Thinking of calling AA to reroute AUS-LAX-SAN.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
AA 1230 SEA-DFW February 8th

There was snow, and it was taking a long time to de-ice the planes. We were supposed to go out on the plane that arrived as AA 2459 from DFW, but we would wait too long for the de-icing, and the crew would time out before we could leave:

We ended up boarding the plane that had just come in from JFK as AA 235. The people had this flight had been held just short of the gate for awhile, and were in the middle of deplaning when people shifted from D7 over to D9. Another AA flight had arrived at D8, and this caused a flood of people crowding the D8/D9 gate area:

I felt bad for the overwhelmed gate agents who were doing their best to rebook passengers with tight connections in DFW and get the flight out before the crew timed out. Most of the passengers didn't have an appreciation for how close were to having the flight cancelled. They were more concerned about making their connections until an announcement was made that if we didn't leave soon we would all be spending the night in Seattle. That did the trick, and they were able to get the doors closed and push back.

Then while we were waiting for the de-icing there was an alleged incident of an unruly passenger back in economy. Fortunately that got sorted out satisfactorily since the F FA told us that if the doors opened to let the passenger off the flight would be cancelled due to the crew timing out. It would have created interesting implications because then I think technically the flight would have been cancelled for operational reasons rather than weather based on what I read earlier on this thread. We ended up taking off about 1:30 am PT, 2h10m after scheduled departure. We then experienced what I would consider to be the worst turbulence I have been through in the last couple of years. The water literally flew out of my glass and onto my pants, and trays and plates were flying around in the galley while everyone was strapped in:

We landed in fog at DFW, and the pilot/FAs requested that all personal electronic devices be switched off due to the low visibility approach.

I would say I experienced it all on that flight, and it tested the patience of passengers and crew alike. With the exception of the alleged passenger above, everyone, including the gate agents, cabin crew, and passengers, remained composed the entire time. I ended up missing my onward connection by a few minutes, but you can't win 'em all.

Just remember the mantra:

Last edited by Majuki; Feb 9, 2014 at 7:10 am
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
AA 1086 outbound cancelled 2/10. Can somone tell me why?Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:04 pm

My sister was on AA2447 LAX-DFW which was cancelled and replaced with AA9210 leaving at the exact same time
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Sitting in the joint AC/Sakura Lounge at HNL waiting for AA 298 to LAX. Got a TripIt notification at 8am that 9:55pm departure was delayed to at least 12:30am. Looks like it'll be closer to 1:10am.

AAngels in the lounge have been great ... came off my connection from KOA on HA and they looked after my bags while I went down toward Waikiki for dinner with a friend. And they plan to be open until boarding time at 12:30AM
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum
1277 DFW to BWI cancelled. The 2:00pm BWI to DfW flight 1277 is still on schedule.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Today's AA 1281 from DFW - BOS cancelled last night, causing me to have to cancel my entire trip. I was doing a same-day turnaround, so it wouldn't have worked. According to the AA website, it's the only flight DFW-BOS that's been cancelled today. AAgent said that they were pre-emptively cancelling flights due to the impending "ice storm."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.