Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MEX / Mexico City International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Link[/u] to MEX information on aa.com.[/size]
Link to MEX website.

LOCATION: Terminal 1, International Departures, Concourse H. After security take the elevator to the second floor.

For easier access to the Admirals Club please use the entrance located on International Security Check Point G. If you are already inside the International Departures area, please use the entrance located at Gate 23.

HOURS: see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Computers with Internet connection

Due to Mexico Government Regulations smoking is only permitted at outdoor areas.

NOTE: International arriving passengers must have a valid, same-day ticket for departure permitting access through Security. (Arrivals and Departures are now fully segregated.) Arrivals use of the Club is never permitted.

Link to list of other lounges at MEX.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Mexico City / Aeropuerto Internacional Benito Juárez, Ciudad de México Admirals Club

Last edited by JDiver; May 1, 2015 at 7:44 pm Reason: Update
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:10 pm

I am arriving MEX on AA and have an hour to wait for friends arriving on Airtran from SAT. Both use the same terminal.

Years ago arrivals and departures were not segregated at MEX.

Is that still the case?

Can I get to the Admirals Club at MEX to wait for my friends and then join them for customs and immigrations?

Or does anyone have a phone or email contact?

Last edited by JY1024; Jun 3, 2013 at 11:59 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts from same member
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: Club Carlson, AAdvantage, Club Premier, LAN Pass
Admirals Club in MEX any good?

Hi, I´m flying MEX-LAX next week with Volaris (Mexican airline) departing through Terminal 1, I have the Priority Pass card. Is the Admirals Club in this terminal any good? With Priority Pass I have access to both AC and United Club, which is better?

Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
It's actually pretty nice. Much better than the one in GRU in my opinion. Staff was very warm and a nice assortment of top shelf liqours. Food included sandwiches, snacks, and munchies. Furniture was a little outdated but that was about 11 months ago.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:28 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angelmex
Hi, I´m flying MEX-LAX next week with Volaris (Mexican airline) departing through Terminal 1, I have the Priority Pass card. Is the Admirals Club in this terminal any good? With Priority Pass I have access to both AC and United Club, which is better?

Thanks!
the AA and UA clubs are basically the same. Older worn furniture and a little dated. But still much better than the madhouse of that terminal.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 2:59 pm

Can it be accessed upon arrival while you wait for someone to arrive on another carrier at the same terminal and then join them to clear customs together?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:38 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
The only downside to the club is that it is a long walk to the gates AA typically uses. Having said that the club is nice and the Thursday/Friday afternoon bartender makes an excellent bloody mary. If you have an Amex Platinum or Centurion card there is a lounge in the actual gate area that is small but serviceable and allows you to bring a guest.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:58 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by chuck1
Can it be accessed upon arrival while you wait for someone to arrive on another carrier at the same terminal and then join them to clear customs together?
I don't see why that would be an issue, if you have Priority Pass. It is NOT an arrivals lounge however, so you wouldn't be able to use it with just your elite credentials.

It is a bit of a long walk from the AA gates. Sometimes they have a courtesy cart that will drive you there. Sometimes they don't.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 5:19 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by g_leyser
I don't see why that would be an issue, if you have Priority Pass. It is NOT an arrivals lounge however, so you wouldn't be able to use it with just your elite credentials.

It is a bit of a long walk from the AA gates. Sometimes they have a courtesy cart that will drive you there. Sometimes they don't.
The issue is a few years ago MEX started to separate arriving and departing passengers and constructed arrival corridors to direct passengers straight to immigration.

I don't think the arriving passengers can access the lounges these days. I'd welcome being proven wrong on this.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (Lifetime Gold), AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HNL
The issue is a few years ago MEX started to separate arriving and departing passengers and constructed arrival corridors to direct passengers straight to immigration.

I don't think the arriving passengers can access the lounges these days. I'd welcome being proven wrong on this.
You are correct. On an arriving flight you will be directed immediately to immigration and customs and exit landside.

As others have stated, it's a decent lounge. The snacks are usually decent and the liquor selection is good. I like to get a Victoria in a frosty mug. Hits the spot every time.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (Lifetime Gold), AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by chuck1
If you have the Priority Pass because you hold an AmEx platinum, there is a Centurian lounge landside where you could wait for your arriving friend. The facilities are nice, but the drinks are not free. It's probably the nicest landside place to sit and wait.

On the lower level I like to go to the bar that's near the arrivals hall. When you exit customs, turn left and it'll be on the right side, near the volaris check-in area. It's nothing special, but a friendly woman has always been bartending and they show all the big football games.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
As previously stated, it isn't too bad. I have never found it to be too crowded. But, bring your Nikes (or get the AA courtesy golf cart) because it is a hike.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I find the AA and UA clubs in MEX to be pretty similar. Neither are ever very crowded. The Admirals Club is in desperate need of updating. Also, as others have mentioned, it's a long walk from the Club to the AA gates. My preferred lounge at MEX is any of the Amex Centurion Lounges. Overall it's a better product than either the AA or UA lounges. Also, one of the Centurion Lounges is located very close to the AA gates. If you can get access to the Amex lounge, that is your best bet at MEX.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 11:22 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by HNL

You are of course correct - I totally forgot about this change. (Inexcusable since I was just there end of January)
Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
All you need to do is ask for the courtesy golf cart (give the driver a tip). It will be there and take you right to the gate. Its also a little difficult to find in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.