Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MEX / Mexico City International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Link[/u] to MEX information on aa.com.[/size]
Link to MEX website.

LOCATION: Terminal 1, International Departures, Concourse H. After security take the elevator to the second floor.

For easier access to the Admirals Club please use the entrance located on International Security Check Point G. If you are already inside the International Departures area, please use the entrance located at Gate 23.

HOURS: see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Computers with Internet connection

Due to Mexico Government Regulations smoking is only permitted at outdoor areas.

NOTE: International arriving passengers must have a valid, same-day ticket for departure permitting access through Security. (Arrivals and Departures are now fully segregated.) Arrivals use of the Club is never permitted.

Link to list of other lounges at MEX.
Print Wikipost

MEX / Mexico City International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by RamiPow
Did you ask directly? That should be new... I've seen people from other countries asking on their FB before and getting positive answers on access... but who knows... there is also a lounge for MasterCard holders btw... platinum and WorldElite
I asked the club via their FB page and they advised free access is available only for the specifies VISA cards issued by Mexican banks. They offered advice that I could access if I had a PP card, but I didn't ask if I could access for $ given that I don't have either a MX-issued VISA or a PP card.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), SPG/Marriott (Platinum)
MEX Admirals Club vs Iberia Lounge

Any updates or more recent experiences comparing MEX Admirals Club vs Iberia Lounge?

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Has anyone been to lounge 19 in MEX?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...-Avenue-Lounge
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I've been to both IB and AA lounge - both aren't great. The AA lounge is just above the IB lounge and I'd say it's just a bit better than the IB lounge. I wouldn't bother with food in either lounge as both looked stale. I departed from Gate 31 and it was a *long* walk from the lounge to the gate.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Any recent recommendation on which lounge is better Amex Centurion or AC in MEX?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Andrew DCA
Any updates or more recent experiences comparing MEX Admirals Club vs Iberia Lounge?

Thanks!
Is the Iberia lounge something of the past? I see now there is a lounge call Premium Travel(l)er (sp?) Lounge Mexico. This lounge is only available for those OW peeps flying in F or J and OWS and OWE on BA, IB or LATAM.

I'm heading to MEX in two weeks. Maybe AC has turned a new leaf indeed. Will report back later.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc

I'm heading to MEX in two weeks. Maybe AC has turned a new leaf indeed. Will report back later.
I should be in the MEX AC next week, will report back.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
I was surprised by just how far away the AC was from the gate AA was departing LAX/MEX from. Halfway through the walk there I decided to just sit at the gate.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by potus18
I was surprised by just how far away the AC was from the gate AA was departing LAX/MEX from. Halfway through the walk there I decided to just sit at the gate.
I've usually been succesful getting the buggy ride from the AC to the gate. the AC is close to security so you should always go there first.

It's a great little AC - solid bar, decent food options
TWA884 and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by potus18
Originally Posted by lds89
I've usually been succesful getting the buggy ride from the AC to the gate. the AC is close to security so you should always go there first.

It's a great little AC - solid bar, decent food options
I agree with both statements and I'm just returning yesterday from MEX. The AC is very nice. There were only 3 other people in it when I arrived 2 hours prior to my flight for DFW. Others arrived by the time I left (15 mins) prior to boarding but I hardly noticed people at all.

But I second that if you don't want to "stress" with walking to the gate ahead of boarding, then plan for at least a 20-25 min walk from the AC to the gate (30-35). During my stay at the AC and watching the arrival of my outbound plane, the gate for my departure change 6 times between 30 and 35. Be advised to keep "notification alerts" active and monitored for sure...
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
The tortilla soup at the club is excellent. I don't understand the gripe about the walk--it's only a few minutes and there are moving walkways. It's certainly nothing like LHR!
JDiver, TWA884 and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
...I don't understand the gripe about the walk--it's only a few minutes and there are moving walkways. It's certainly nothing like LHR!

True that the walk isn't bad but I'd hardly say it's a "few minutes" walk. I'm a walker and even I was "concerned" when upon exiting the club that I was at the juncture I thought would be close to gate 35 and (hopefully) counting downward. However, as far as I can recall, despite the mere fact that it was just yesterday morning, I believe the exiting from the club is at gate 19 area and having to get to gate 30-35 took longer than I was expecting even leaving the AC 15 mins prior to the time boarding was slated to start.

Upon arriving at the gate (35) boarding was just beginning (5 mins) late and I noticed then that a few fellow AC members were also just arriving too. True to the fact that it's not like an LHR transfer. But it's no walk in the park either.
thunderdeacon likes this.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Mar 7, 2022 at 6:46 pm
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Had a nice visit in this lounge last week. Our flight departed at 6.41AM and we checked in much earlier than need be so had plenty of time to head over and visit despite being the opposite direction of our gate. We didnt really need much food and it was a good thing as there wasnt a ton of food out but it was perfect for us this early AM. The staff was all very friendly. There was only a handful of other pax in the lounge so tons of free space. Overall, a very nice place to relax in the morning before heading to the gate. Our gate was 33 and it was about as far as you could get from the lounge I think, it took right at 10 minutes to walk to the gate. It wasn't a short walk but not terrible either.

Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
Last time I was at MEX I was offered a cart ride as far down as they could get me. I had several complimentary tequilas, so I accepted the offer. But it is a little bit of a hike. It's a very nice club in my opinion.

The tortilla soup at the club is excellent. I don't understand the gripe about the walk--it's only a few minutes and there are moving walkways. It's certainly nothing like LHR!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
The difference is that I'm either originating or terminating in MEX. And if the former, I'm not showing up early enough to want to schlep over there and back; the latter isn't relevant as I'm not accessing it anyway.

LHR is horrible, but it's at least a connecting hub. So the walk ends up being necessary, if not ideal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.