Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW-D: Admirals Club, Centurion Lounge or The Club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat

Im on a longish layover at DFW right now. Anyone have an opinion on if the 'Club at DFW' (the priority pass lounge) is worth a visit just for kicks? If its not any better than the AC, (I'm at 'A' now) I won't bother, I just have some time and haven't checked it out yet.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Im on a longish layover at DFW right now. Anyone have an opinion on if the 'Club at DFW' (the priority pass lounge) is worth a visit just for kicks? If its not any better than the AC, (I'm at 'A' now) I won't bother, I just have some time and haven't checked it out yet.
It is a small lounge. What I like is that it tends to be quieter than the AC (In my experience).

I'm also partial to the view in Terminal D (although the 'D' AC has that as well.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I think its worth it (if it free for you). Only because the food and drink is better. They have Walker's shortbread as well as these amazing Walker's raspberry chocolate cookies and some other unique snack foods. The view is nice as well. I actually find the AAdmirals Clubs to be quieter because there its big enough to be able to find a somewhat quiet area. The Club can get packed, probably depends on what time of day though.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just found out that this club is also free to Diners Club members: http://www.dinersclub.com/airport-lo...=city&x=24&y=5
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Ad Club vs Club at DFW

This may be a lost cause...checked my app and it says it closes at 6. If so....I can guest someone into the T-D AC in a few mins.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Ad Club vs Club at DFW

FYI, open until 7:30
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
They also have a full bar for free versus the cheap wine and bear at the Admiral's Club. That said, the furnishings and environment is way better at the AC's.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mrtt Plt, SPG Gld, HH Gld, Avis F
Does anyone have a good list of the priority clubs at DFW? I have just always defaulted to ACs as a AMEXPlat (plus my planes always usually leave C20ish and the new PreCheck entry at C20 is the best), however, I am curious to learn more intel on where and quality of the PC are at DFW, and if they are accessible around domestic gates.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matthew555
Does anyone have a good list of the priority clubs at DFW? I have just always defaulted to ACs as a AMEXPlat (plus my planes always usually leave C20ish and the new PreCheck entry at C20 is the best), however, I am curious to learn more intel on where and quality of the PC are at DFW, and if they are accessible around domestic gates.
http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...rt-Lounges.cfm
Old Apr 25, 2013, 5:46 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
British Airways lounge at DFW

I've been to the BA lounge at DFW terminal D many times. My advice is "don't bother". It's likely the most unimpressive BA lounge in the system. They do have some (meager) food offerings but ten bucks at any airport restaurant will get you a better meal. In almost all cases you'll get a decent meal on the international flight anyway. There's just really not much reason to choose the BA lounge over the D Admirals Club prior to an international flight out of DFW. I have _not_ been in there when it's configured for Qantas but it's on my bucket list.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thread title updated slightly for searchability.

~Moderator
Old May 11, 2013, 3:46 pm

Does someone could recommend the best lounge at Dallas airport? I will be spent at least 4 hrs in Dallas . I am gold with Ba . Many thank
Old May 11, 2013, 9:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For views and a large club, "D" Admirals Club. I recommend the BA First lounge in The Club at DFW (between D21 and D22) for better selections of food and beverages. The beverages and some snacks are available in the lounge, and an attendant fetches other items from the menu. Prior to a BA departure there is a BA agent available as well.

Re: Priority / Diners: The Club at DFW is actually several smaller lounges - BA has one, LH another, etc. so the key would be which of the lounges one is admitted to?

The Club itself states
  • 7:30 am – 7:30 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
  • 8:00 am– 6:00 pm Tuesday & Thursday.
  • Hours are subject to change.
Some of the amenities that allow you to relax are:
  • Free Snacks and Drinks
  • Free Alcoholic Drinks
  • Newspapers / Magazines
  • TVs
  • Shower Facilities
  • Disabled Access
Originally Posted by borntotravel77
Does someone could recommend the best lounge at Dallas airport? I will be spent at least 4 hrs in Dallas . I am gold with Ba . Many thank
Old May 11, 2013, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
For views and a large club, "D" Admirals Club. I recommend the BA First lounge in The Club at DFW (between D21 and D22) for better selections of food and beverages. The beverages and some snacks are available in the lounge, and an attendant fetches other items from the menu. Prior to a BA departure there is a BA agent available as well.

Re: Priority / Diners: The Club at DFW is actually several smaller lounges - BA has one, LH another, etc. so the key would be which of the lounges one is admitted to?
You are wrong on two counts. The BA lounge and the Club at DFW are separate, distinct and different facilities. Each has its own admission policies. The Club at DFW is one of several lounge rooms in DFW Terminal D serviced by a common operator. The respective airline and membership lounges share a few common amenities such as showers. The Club at DFW is affiliated with Priority Pass and Lounge Club.
Old May 12, 2013, 4:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for providing some definition; the signage at The Club D21/D22 does not. They are served by a common entrance, and an agent directs one to the lounge one is supposed to use - through one of several doors down a common corridor. (My eligibility has been based on flying LH J and BA, so I've not used PP or Diners for access.)

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
You are wrong on two counts. The BA lounge and the Club at DFW are separate, distinct and different facilities. Each has its own admission policies. The Club at DFW is one of several lounge rooms in DFW Terminal D serviced by a common operator. The respective airline and membership lounges share a few common amenities such as showers. The Club at DFW is affiliated with Priority Pass and Lounge Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.