Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW-D: Admirals Club, Centurion Lounge or The Club?

DFW-D: Admirals Club, Centurion Lounge or The Club?

Old Apr 24, 13, 4:42 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Posts: 341
DFW-D: Admirals Club, Centurion Lounge or The Club?

Im on a longish layover at DFW right now. Anyone have an opinion on if the 'Club at DFW' (the priority pass lounge) is worth a visit just for kicks? If its not any better than the AC, (I'm at 'A' now) I won't bother, I just have some time and haven't checked it out yet.
CruisingAltitude47 is offline  
Old Apr 24, 13, 4:43 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU/KIAH
Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 8,300
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47 View Post
Im on a longish layover at DFW right now. Anyone have an opinion on if the 'Club at DFW' (the priority pass lounge) is worth a visit just for kicks? If its not any better than the AC, (I'm at 'A' now) I won't bother, I just have some time and haven't checked it out yet.
It is a small lounge. What I like is that it tends to be quieter than the AC (In my experience).

I'm also partial to the view in Terminal D (although the 'D' AC has that as well.
Antarius is offline  
Old Apr 24, 13, 4:56 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Posts: 1,500
I think its worth it (if it free for you). Only because the food and drink is better. They have Walker's shortbread as well as these amazing Walker's raspberry chocolate cookies and some other unique snack foods. The view is nice as well. I actually find the AAdmirals Clubs to be quieter because there its big enough to be able to find a somewhat quiet area. The Club can get packed, probably depends on what time of day though.
gooseman13 is offline  
Old Apr 24, 13, 5:00 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Posts: 12,097
Just found out that this club is also free to Diners Club members: http://www.dinersclub.com/airport-lo...=city&x=24&y=5
hillrider is offline  
Old Apr 24, 13, 5:09 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Posts: 341
Ad Club vs Club at DFW

This may be a lost cause...checked my app and it says it closes at 6. If so....I can guest someone into the T-D AC in a few mins.
CruisingAltitude47 is offline  
Old Apr 24, 13, 5:22 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Posts: 341
Ad Club vs Club at DFW

FYI, open until 7:30
CruisingAltitude47 is offline  
Old Apr 24, 13, 9:15 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ASE
Programs: AA EXP, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Globalist, UA/HHonors/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
Posts: 3,157
They also have a full bar for free versus the cheap wine and bear at the Admiral's Club. That said, the furnishings and environment is way better at the AC's.
UAPremierGuy is offline  
Old Apr 24, 13, 9:37 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP, Mrtt Plt, SPG Gld, HH Gld, Avis F
Posts: 22
Does anyone have a good list of the priority clubs at DFW? I have just always defaulted to ACs as a AMEXPlat (plus my planes always usually leave C20ish and the new PreCheck entry at C20 is the best), however, I am curious to learn more intel on where and quality of the PC are at DFW, and if they are accessible around domestic gates.
Matthew555 is offline  
Old Apr 24, 13, 9:46 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU/KIAH
Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 8,300
Originally Posted by Matthew555 View Post
Does anyone have a good list of the priority clubs at DFW? I have just always defaulted to ACs as a AMEXPlat (plus my planes always usually leave C20ish and the new PreCheck entry at C20 is the best), however, I am curious to learn more intel on where and quality of the PC are at DFW, and if they are accessible around domestic gates.
http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...rt-Lounges.cfm
Antarius is offline  
Old Apr 25, 13, 5:46 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Posts: 6,411
British Airways lounge at DFW

I've been to the BA lounge at DFW terminal D many times. My advice is "don't bother". It's likely the most unimpressive BA lounge in the system. They do have some (meager) food offerings but ten bucks at any airport restaurant will get you a better meal. In almost all cases you'll get a decent meal on the international flight anyway. There's just really not much reason to choose the BA lounge over the D Admirals Club prior to an international flight out of DFW. I have _not_ been in there when it's configured for Qantas but it's on my bucket list.
CloudCoder is offline  
Old Apr 25, 13, 7:26 am
  #11  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London, England
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Posts: 9,405
Thread title updated slightly for searchability.

~Moderator
Microwave is offline  
Old May 11, 13, 3:46 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Does someone could recommend the best lounge at Dallas airport? I will be spent at least 4 hrs in Dallas . I am gold with Ba . Many thank
borntotravel77 is offline  
Old May 11, 13, 9:28 pm
  #13  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,953
For views and a large club, "D" Admirals Club. I recommend the BA First lounge in The Club at DFW (between D21 and D22) for better selections of food and beverages. The beverages and some snacks are available in the lounge, and an attendant fetches other items from the menu. Prior to a BA departure there is a BA agent available as well.

Re: Priority / Diners: The Club at DFW is actually several smaller lounges - BA has one, LH another, etc. so the key would be which of the lounges one is admitted to?

The Club itself states
  • 7:30 am – 7:30 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
  • 8:00 am– 6:00 pm Tuesday & Thursday.
  • Hours are subject to change.
Some of the amenities that allow you to relax are:
  • Free Snacks and Drinks
  • Free Alcoholic Drinks
  • Newspapers / Magazines
  • TVs
  • Shower Facilities
  • Disabled Access
Originally Posted by borntotravel77 View Post
Does someone could recommend the best lounge at Dallas airport? I will be spent at least 4 hrs in Dallas . I am gold with Ba . Many thank
JDiver is offline  
Old May 11, 13, 11:26 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 187
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
For views and a large club, "D" Admirals Club. I recommend the BA First lounge in The Club at DFW (between D21 and D22) for better selections of food and beverages. The beverages and some snacks are available in the lounge, and an attendant fetches other items from the menu. Prior to a BA departure there is a BA agent available as well.

Re: Priority / Diners: The Club at DFW is actually several smaller lounges - BA has one, LH another, etc. so the key would be which of the lounges one is admitted to?
You are wrong on two counts. The BA lounge and the Club at DFW are separate, distinct and different facilities. Each has its own admission policies. The Club at DFW is one of several lounge rooms in DFW Terminal D serviced by a common operator. The respective airline and membership lounges share a few common amenities such as showers. The Club at DFW is affiliated with Priority Pass and Lounge Club.
Patrick Bateman is offline  
Old May 12, 13, 4:36 am
  #15  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,953
Thanks for providing some definition; the signage at The Club D21/D22 does not. They are served by a common entrance, and an agent directs one to the lounge one is supposed to use - through one of several doors down a common corridor. (My eligibility has been based on flying LH J and BA, so I've not used PP or Diners for access.)

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
You are wrong on two counts. The BA lounge and the Club at DFW are separate, distinct and different facilities. Each has its own admission policies. The Club at DFW is one of several lounge rooms in DFW Terminal D serviced by a common operator. The respective airline and membership lounges share a few common amenities such as showers. The Club at DFW is affiliated with Priority Pass and Lounge Club.
JDiver is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread