Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW-D: Admirals Club, Centurion Lounge or The Club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW-D: Admirals Club, Centurion Lounge or The Club?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 5:40 am

I've been to both lounges (the D Adm Club and The Club at DFW), Admirals Club is much bigger, and thus, more likely to get a seat during airport "busy" times. AC has showers, a children's area and computers available, which The Club does not. AC wifi has always been a stronger, more reliable signal than the wifi at The Club. The Club does have higher grade beer, wine and hard liquor available, but can sometimes feel very crowded.

(edited to add, it appears The Club now lists showers as available, but I have never seen them or know where they are. Thanks for the update!)

Hope this helps!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
I'm thinking of using one of my Ink Bold lounge passes the Sunday after Thanksgiving at The Club at DFW. What kind of a zoo will it be?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
If you have the AMEX Plat (or Centurion, of course!) card, use the Centurion lounge. NO comparison to either of the other two clubs, IMO. MUCH better.

Last edited by Madison Guy; Nov 20, 2013 at 6:44 pm Reason: Adding the obvious
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
If you have the AMEX Plat (or Centurion, of course!) card, use the Centurion lounge. NO comparison to either of the other two clubs, IMO. MUCH better.

Note that the Centurion lounge is available to ANY American Express cardholder for a $50 fee. Plat and Centurion cardholders enjoy complimentary access.

If you don't have an AMEX, you should get one...specifically the Starwood AMEX, IMHO (best conversion ratio to AA miles).
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Note that the Centurion lounge is available to ANY American Express cardholder for a $50 fee. Plat and Centurion cardholders enjoy complimentary access.

If you don't have an AMEX, you should get one...specifically the Starwood AMEX, IMHO (best conversion ratio to AA miles).
Correct. I did not bother pointing this out since the thread seemed o me to be about complimentary (or some form of pre-paid) access - but a nice addition for those without it. (And the thread was only about lounges - without listed restriction to access requirements.)

But the personal attention and creature comforts offered by the AMEX Lounge meets or exceeds (most) of those I have experience in other OW FIRST lounges - not even comparing to North American OW lounges. Of course, if you need an AAngel for help - pop into the "D" A/C.

Last edited by Madison Guy; Nov 20, 2013 at 8:11 pm
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AMEX Centurion Lounge link.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Thanks, folks.

I was a bit unclear: my post was more of a question of whether The Club at DFW would be packed to the gills over Thanksgiving (and not worth burning 1 of my 2 complimentary lounge passes from Ink), and less about the DFW lounge pecking order. Small timers like me have few choices.

The only AMEX in my wallet now is the SPG AMEX after Delta decided to ditch the companion ticket with Gold Delta AMEX, but you have piqued my interest...
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Thanks, folks.

I was a bit unclear: my post was more of a question of whether The Club at DFW would be packed to the gills over Thanksgiving (and not worth burning 1 of my 2 complimentary lounge passes from Ink), and less about the DFW lounge pecking order. Small timers like me have few choices.

The only AMEX in my wallet now is the SPG AMEX after Delta decided to ditch the companion ticket with Gold Delta AMEX, but you have piqued my interest...
As the link from JDiver will show, I believe the $50 fee for entry with the SPG AMEX will allow all of your immediate family - assuming you may have others with you - and well worth it, IMHO. As to packed lounges - so far, my three experiences at the Centurion Lounge DFW have been VERY relaxed - with the A/C packed - but things may change as the word gets out.

Since you will have to pay $50 and have free passes to "The Club" - and apparently not the A/C either - then I'd base my stop on the layover time, the connecting terminal departure and what I persoanlly value (free top-shelf booze, free, decent food, etc.) It might be worth the $50 for the CL, burning a pass for The Club (depending on when they expire - when you would next be in DFW, etc) or just staying in the "D" concourse - that can be interesting as well.

Last edited by Madison Guy; Nov 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:16 pm

any update for 2016?

my cousin (from Kentucky) and i (from SFO) are meeting at DFW for QR in J to doha en route to Delhi (and then to bhutan several days later) - needless to say, a pretty special trip for us!

we'd appreciate any tips on spending about 6 hours layover in DFW lounge-wise

i've been to the Centurion lounge a couple of times (1 time it was well worth the $50, the other time not so much) so i'd like to leave that one off the table

TIA!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
No one has suggested this but I always go to the old AA Flagship lounge at A24. Backtrack to the right out the elevators and you will find a few quiet rooms, a gym and showers.

Nice spot to kill time. I recently spent the day there. Had a run, a change, did some work and had some calls. There's a meeting center if you need an office, I think $70/h.

Food, drinks and bar are limited but hey.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
any updates?

I will be in DFW this Sun for over 3 hrs in the morning flying to LIH in J. Any reasons to visit the Club (free access) vs. Admirals Club of which I am a member of?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Alex_I
I will be in DFW this Sun for over 3 hrs in the morning flying to LIH in J. Any reasons to visit the Club (free access) vs. Admirals Club of which I am a member of?
No reason. I think 'The Club' at DFW is a dump and always crowded. Having said that.....with three hours you could just visit both and see if it happens to not be busy. I find the Admirals Club better in every aspect though.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I took the train over to the Centurion Club in D earlier today, rather than the AC 12 gates down from my departure in C. It was at least something different, with better food. But still crowded.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Alex_I
IAny reasons to visit the Club (free access) vs. Admirals Club of which I am a member of?
Why/how do you have access to The Club?

It isn't a single lounge but I'd guess at least 6 different lounges, divided up by mostly international airlines. I'd guess they could be re-configured from one airline to another, based on need, as some airlines may only have 1 international flight from DFW per day.
When I flew BA from DFW a few months ago I went to The Club, then went to the area set aside for BA. While the size of it was rather small, the food offerings were much more substantial than what I've found in the AA lounge. It did get rather busy, but not to the point that there weren't enough seats, or even that people who didn't know each other had to sit beside each other.
There are common restrooms and showers for all of the sub-lounges.
Due to the size of the individual sub-lounges, like the one for BA, they limit entry to those flying on a particular airline. So if you're not flying BA (and have Plat+ status), you probably wouldn't be allowed entry.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by CPRich
I took the train over to the Centurion Club in D earlier today, rather than the AC 12 gates down from my departure in C. It was at least something different, with better food. But still crowded.
Slightly better food, still nothing that great.

But OP will be there long enough to be able to get one or two massages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.