Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Please feel free to update with the latest information; previous Wiki content was out of date.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Flagship First Check-in locations and policies as of May 2021 (link):

Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:11 pm

Had a silly situation today in MIA where I tried to use flagship checkin for my family of four (all on same pnr) and was firmly told that I could bring just one guest. Clearly logic did not prevail here.
Antarius and LowValueCustomer like this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by OldNewYorker
Had a silly situation today in MIA where I tried to use flagship checkin for my family of four (all on same pnr) and was firmly told that I could bring just one guest. Clearly logic did not prevail here.
I get the frustration, but the logic follows explicitly from the published rules.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Glad they turned you away. Really sick of people bringing their entire families with them to the lounges, etc. during the holiday. The FL in Miami was zoo yesterday kids running around everywhere. Not the experience I want.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
Glad they turned you away. Really sick of people bringing their entire families with them to the lounges, etc. during the holiday. The FL in Miami was zoo yesterday kids running around everywhere. Not the experience I want.
And this is relevant to flagship check in how?

I agree that the +1 rule for lounge access makes sense and should be enforced. But why on earth would this apply to check in. If everyone is on the same PNR/together, then they would check in together.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:42 pm

To make you feel better, lounge access wasn’t an issue. We all got in. It was just the flagship checkin.
Circusplaza likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
Originally Posted by Antarius
And this is relevant to flagship check in how?

I agree that the +1 rule for lounge access makes sense and should be enforced. But why on earth would this apply to check in. If everyone is on the same PNR/together, then they would check in together.
What if the families in the FL are all on F/J tickets, or paid AC members in the AC? Letting an elite with more than +1 is a different story.

Not allowing a family to check in together is silly however.
knit-in and Antarius like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:02 pm

LAX-SFO-JFK (LAX-SFO domestic first, SFO-JFK flagship first) with 2-hr layover at SFO.

Can I use flagship check-in at LAX?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
LAX-SFO-JFK (LAX-SFO domestic first, SFO-JFK flagship first) with 2-hr layover at SFO.

Can I use flagship check-in at LAX?
Yes, although you should fully expect the agent guarding FF Check-In to not know that. Just tell him/her that you are flying First Class to JFK.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
Flagship check in at MIA with BA Emerald

Hi,

Flying Miami to Las Vegas, Can I use it as a BA Emerald member? Flying coach on a 2 class aircraft!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
Flagship check in at MIA with BA Emerald

Hi,

Flying Miami to Las Vegas on AA, Can I use it as a BA Emerald member? Flying coach on a 2 class aircraft!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Rogue1Trader
Hi,

Flying Miami to Las Vegas, Can I use it as a BA Emerald member? Flying coach on a 2 class aircraft!
Yes, although, as above, be prepared to have to tell the agent that you are entitled to access as an Emerald through BA, and be ready with the access requirements pulled up on your phone.

Fortunately, unlike the inconsistency in agents' knowledge of access rules at Flagship Check-in, you'll be admitted to the Flagship Lounge without question and without hassle.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL
Yes, although, as above, be prepared to have to tell the agent that you are entitled to access as an Emerald through BA, and be ready with the access requirements pulled up on your phone.

Fortunately, unlike the inconsistency in agents' knowledge of access rules at Flagship Check-in, you'll be admitted to the Flagship Lounge without question and without hassle.

thanks for the anwser!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:18 pm

thanks for the anwser!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp

I never have issues when I show them my card or the BA app on my phone.
DMPHL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.