FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1457823-guide-aa-flagship-check-jfk-lax-lhr-mia-ord.html)

JDiver Oct 17, 2017 12:32 pm

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Flagship First Check-in locations and policies as of May 2021 (link):

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...896a6c9a2.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...25c890b50.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9e639c6e4.jpeg

OldNewYorker Jan 3, 2020 6:11 pm

Had a silly situation today in MIA where I tried to use flagship checkin for my family of four (all on same pnr) and was firmly told that I could bring just one guest. Clearly logic did not prevail here.

DMPHL Jan 4, 2020 4:04 am

Originally Posted by OldNewYorker (Post 31906251)
Had a silly situation today in MIA where I tried to use flagship checkin for my family of four (all on same pnr) and was firmly told that I could bring just one guest. Clearly logic did not prevail here.

I get the frustration, but the logic follows explicitly from the published rules.

chicagoflyer1976 Jan 4, 2020 1:23 pm

Glad they turned you away. Really sick of people bringing their entire families with them to the lounges, etc. during the holiday. The FL in Miami was zoo yesterday kids running around everywhere. Not the experience I want.

Antarius Jan 4, 2020 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 (Post 31908892)
Glad they turned you away. Really sick of people bringing their entire families with them to the lounges, etc. during the holiday. The FL in Miami was zoo yesterday kids running around everywhere. Not the experience I want.

And this is relevant to flagship check in how?

I agree that the +1 rule for lounge access makes sense and should be enforced. But why on earth would this apply to check in. If everyone is on the same PNR/together, then they would check in together.

OldNewYorker Jan 5, 2020 1:42 pm

To make you feel better, lounge access wasn’t an issue. We all got in. It was just the flagship checkin.

miamiflyer8 Jan 5, 2020 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 (Post 31908892)

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 31908912)
And this is relevant to flagship check in how?

I agree that the +1 rule for lounge access makes sense and should be enforced. But why on earth would this apply to check in. If everyone is on the same PNR/together, then they would check in together.

What if the families in the FL are all on F/J tickets, or paid AC members in the AC? Letting an elite with more than +1 is a different story.

Not allowing a family to check in together is silly however.

uclacolumbiaunc Jan 24, 2020 3:02 pm

LAX-SFO-JFK (LAX-SFO domestic first, SFO-JFK flagship first) with 2-hr layover at SFO.

Can I use flagship check-in at LAX?

DMPHL Jan 25, 2020 8:25 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc (Post 31991155)
LAX-SFO-JFK (LAX-SFO domestic first, SFO-JFK flagship first) with 2-hr layover at SFO.

Can I use flagship check-in at LAX?

Yes, although you should fully expect the agent guarding FF Check-In to not know that. Just tell him/her that you are flying First Class to JFK.

Rogue1Trader Jan 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Flagship check in at MIA with BA Emerald

Hi,

Flying Miami to Las Vegas, Can I use it as a BA Emerald member? Flying coach on a 2 class aircraft!

Rogue1Trader Jan 27, 2020 3:22 pm

Flagship check in at MIA with BA Emerald

Hi,

Flying Miami to Las Vegas on AA, Can I use it as a BA Emerald member? Flying coach on a 2 class aircraft!

DMPHL Jan 27, 2020 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Rogue1Trader (Post 32001375)
Hi,

Flying Miami to Las Vegas, Can I use it as a BA Emerald member? Flying coach on a 2 class aircraft!

Yes, although, as above, be prepared to have to tell the agent that you are entitled to access as an Emerald through BA, and be ready with the access requirements pulled up on your phone.

Fortunately, unlike the inconsistency in agents' knowledge of access rules at Flagship Check-in, you'll be admitted to the Flagship Lounge without question and without hassle.

Rogue1Trader Jan 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL (Post 32001548)
Yes, although, as above, be prepared to have to tell the agent that you are entitled to access as an Emerald through BA, and be ready with the access requirements pulled up on your phone.

Fortunately, unlike the inconsistency in agents' knowledge of access rules at Flagship Check-in, you'll be admitted to the Flagship Lounge without question and without hassle.

thanks for the anwser!

Rogue1Trader Jan 27, 2020 5:18 pm

thanks for the anwser!

saltytheseagull Jan 27, 2020 9:07 pm

I never have issues when I show them my card or the BA app on my phone.