Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Please feel free to update with the latest information; previous Wiki content was out of date.
Print Wikipost

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Curious to know yalls take on this. 4 people traveling together from Ord-jfk RT. One of the people is a BA gold however he is only 15. Technically they all have access (guest requirement is never enforced) however this just sounds like a recipe for them all getting denied. Should they even try to use flagship first checkin.
If you have pre-check and the line is not long, don't bother.
If you don't have pre-check and/or the pre-check line is snaking, give it a shot.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ksweeney
I'm not sure how the 1 guest rule for Flagship First check-in works. I was not aware of the rule until I read the beginning of this thread today. I checked in at the Flagship First check in at O'Hare yesterday along with my wife who was on the same record locator with me and my adult daughter who was also flying in first with but using my AAdvantage miles. My daughter and was already checked-in on the mobile app. The agent didn't say anything and in fact unsolicited printed my daughter's boarding pass.
I assume you were in domestic F, not Flagship F? If the latter (which I guess would require a connection rather than nonstop from ORD), then everyone would qualify for FFCI in their own right and guesting wouldn't even come up.

So I assume this was domestic and you're the only one who's CK. Guesting for FFCI seems to be obscure. The AA page doesn't mention guests at all. This TPG article gives info that doesn't seem to be anywhere else, claiming:
CKs and up to two guests or immediate family can use the Flagship First Check-In no matter which route they’re flying.
Indeed, that would explain your experience.

I suspect in practice at least anyone on the same PNR would be allowed, since it's normal for such groups to check in together. Moreover, in the case of FFCI based on class of service, of course those on the same PNR would be equally eligible anyway. The real limitation is for status-based access. But indeed, for other purposes (like FL access), status tends to allow otherwise-unqualified guests more than class of service does.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:43 am

Platinum Pro has been classified as OWE as of today. Does it mean I can use Flagship First check in for JFK-LHR my flight on Saturday?
AA website has not been updated yet so I’m not clear on access rules.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by gateH15
Platinum Pro has been classified as OWE as of today. Does it mean I can use Flagship First check in for JFK-LHR my flight on Saturday?
AA website has not been updated yet so I’m not clear on access rules.
Yes you can use it- however you might have to stand your ground most of the guards don’t know the rules
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Yes you can use it- however you might have to stand your ground most of the guards don’t know the rules
reservations and twitter team told me that as well but they couldn’t reference anything to back up that info. I don’t want to argue at the entrance unless I could show them rules on my phone
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gateH15
reservations and twitter team told me that as well but they couldn’t reference anything to back up that info. I don’t want to argue at the entrance unless I could show them rules on my phone
Check the app and see if your AAdvantage Card shows the green/emerald oval under the Oneworld logo.

Also - this page on AA (about 1/3 of the way down), shows Platinum Pro as OWE.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ite-status.jsp
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by skydve1
Check the app and see if your AAdvantage Card shows the green/emerald oval under the Oneworld logo.

Also - this page on AA (about 1/3 of the way down), shows Platinum Pro as OWE.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ite-status.jsp
thanks! I deleted my card and re uploaded to my Wallet this morning and now it shows green.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:03 am

First time doing this so, please advise. DH & I ave 1st class AA LAX-LHR in 3 wks. Should we check in curbside or just go in? It would be early afternoon.
And, I am guessing we can get into Adm Club. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by bvmcginnis
First time doing this so, please advise. DH & I ave 1st class AA LAX-LHR in 3 wks. Should we check in curbside or just go in? It would be early afternoon.
And, I am guessing we can get into Adm Club. Thanks in advance.
Enter thru the Flagship check in doors. They are at the end of terminal 4 right before you hit terminal 5. Last time I was there they had construction happening at the entrance and it was not well marked. They typically have a contract agent at a podium or standing near the doors as well. You will have access to the Admirals Club, though usually you have access to Flagship First dining as well as Flagship First lounge. Sadly, AA is doing nothing special for those who have access via Flagship First. You will have to pay for premium alcohol, where as in the Flagship Dining you could drink Krug champagne to your hearts desire. If using miles I would look to see if business class is available as the current Flagship First soft product is non existent outside of Flagship check-in. The seat difference is not much, especially if you book in row 3/4.
bvmcginnis and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:44 pm

Tried for JFK flagship check-in and was denied on JFK-SNA on three cabin first. Manager said they have not been advised on the route being flagship. I was however able to access AC without issue.

P.S. they refused to look at their website
Old Jul 10, 2021, 1:11 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The lounge is usually pretty good about access because their computers give an accept/reject message when you scan your BP.

Since this has been a perennial issue, I think AA needs to do something. Perhaps email FFCI eligible people something the day before / when they book (e.g. "We're looking forward to seeing you at Flagship Check In JFK on July 12"), so that they can show the gatekeeper the email on their phone. For that matter, let the line minders scan mobile boarding passes and get a green light or a red light.

Maybe also have a sign by the door detailing who is eligible, similar to what they have at priority check in.
hsumh316 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
If using miles I would look to see if business class is available as the current Flagship First soft product is non existent outside of Flagship check-in. The seat difference is not much, especially if you book in row 3/4.[/QUOTE]

assuming the aircraft is 77W, I disagree that the seat difference is not much. Flagship First, rows 1 & 2 is a much better seat than Flagship Business. But that's just me, and I agree there probably won't be many other differences at the present time.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by mhbnyc
If using miles I would look to see if business class is available as the current Flagship First soft product is non existent outside of Flagship check-in. The seat difference is not much, especially if you book in row 3/4.
"assuming the aircraft is 77W, I disagree that the seat difference is not much. Flagship First, rows 1 & 2 is a much better seat than Flagship Business. But that's just me, and I agree there probably won't be many other differences at the present time.[/QUOTE]

No need to assume anything. 77W is the only widebody in the fleet that has Flagship First and Flagship Business, hence why I made the recommendation. Why waste miles for a marginally better seat. Now if you are getting it for the same price, as I have seen lately, or a few miles more then snag first.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by hsumh316
Tried for JFK flagship check-in and was denied on JFK-SNA on three cabin first. Manager said they have not been advised on the route being flagship. I was however able to access AC without issue.

P.S. they refused to look at their website
That's some BS right there and the fact they failed to even look is a big service miss. Hit up advantage with your concerns and get some miles for your troubles.
decerbod and hsumh316 like this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
This is getting to the point that we need to all email AA and have them do something about this. Like another poster said. Post the rules at flagship first, send a pass the day before to present- similar to a lounge invite, scan your boarding pass, or just have knowledgable agents.
bvmcginnis, hsumh316, Tack and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.