Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Please feel free to update with the latest information; previous Wiki content was out of date.
Print Wikipost

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Kind of makes you wonder who is on the list. All the times I wasn't was when I was flying paid Flagship F!

-FlyerBeek
As a CK member, I've never not been on the list, which if I recall is the only status where you are allowed entrance regardless of where or how you're flying. So my guess is the software that generates the list each day is not intelligent enough to parse through all the varying criteria of who is allowed vs not. If only the agents could make up for that lack of intelligence, that would be great.
bvmcginnis and madmanshoney like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by mhbnyc
As a CK member, I've never not been on the list, which if I recall is the only status where you are allowed entrance regardless of where or how you're flying.
No -- a non-AA, non-AS OWE has the same access as a CK.
Old May 17, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
No -- a non-AA, non-AS OWE has the same access as a CK.
thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that OWE are admitted only on Int'l tickets, similar to AA EXP.
Old May 17, 2021, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by mhbnyc
thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that OWE are admitted only on Int'l tickets, similar to AA EXP.
sadly the guards are under the same impression a lot.
Old May 17, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
sadly the guards are under the same impression a lot.
When I was EP traveling F and/or INTL, there were a few times I wasn’t on the list (this was pre-COVID). Every time, they let me in when I explained the situation. I’ve never been denied access outright after an explanation.

I think if I were actually denied access when eligible, I’d tell them to sort it out with the agents inside (but, again, that’s never happened).

I don’t have enough data points as a CK yet to say whether there’s a clear trend, but I’ve been on the list so far (when there’s actually been an agent at the podium outside ).
Old May 17, 2021, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by metallo
When I was EP traveling F and/or INTL, there were a few times I wasn’t on the list (this was pre-COVID). Every time, they let me in when I explained the situation. I’ve never been denied access outright after an explanation.

I think if I were actually denied access when eligible, I’d tell them to sort it out with the agents inside (but, again, that’s never happened).

I don’t have enough data points as a CK yet to say whether there’s a clear trend, but I’ve been on the list so far (when there’s actually been an agent at the podium outside ).
As a BA gold it is constantly a fight to use Flagship First checkin. Whenever they ask me where im flying, and I say somewhere domestic, they immediently say im not eligible. Then I have to fight with them on the actual policy.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by only1percent
Open at Kennedy and at Miami. It's nice to skip the bag check line, but not especially useful otherwise. Protip - when I have bags to check I text the CSRs who text me to ask if I need anything and ask to be added to the Flagship Check In list despite being an EP on an ineligible routing. Have only ever gotten "yes."
I’m curious about whom you’re texting as EP. Are you talking about Twitter reps?
ExpatExp and united 1k flyer like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 8:38 pm

Flagship First check-in is great and all when it works correctly, however without Flagship dining I struggle to burn the miles or pay the fare when Flagship Business offers a similar product. Wonder if the Flagship First dining will open back up now that covid restriction excuses will not stand for long.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Flagship First check-in is great and all when it works correctly, however without Flagship dining I struggle to burn the miles or pay the fare when Flagship Business offers a similar product. Wonder if the Flagship First dining will open back up now that covid restriction excuses will not stand for long.
This x1000.

Even the opening of a Flagship Lounge would be welcome at this point but for whatever reason AA has decided it would be best to subject us to Admirals Clubs with no drink chits, no complimentary premium food, and no showers.
Old May 17, 2021, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
This x1000.

Even the opening of a Flagship Lounge would be welcome at this point but for whatever reason AA has decided it would be best to subject us to Admirals Clubs with no drink chits, no complimentary premium food, and no showers.
The lack of drink chits is what really irritated the crap out of me when I asked. They could throw you a couple and rope off an area and make one feel a little better about the experience. I'm a laid back guy, so it wouldn't take much effort. The times I have been in the Admirals Club the staffing was excessive, so it's not a staffing issue.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:26 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Flagship First check-in elegibility

I have an incoming flight MIA-JFK-MXP in J with night layover in NY.
As AA EXP I know that I am allowed to use Flagship First check-in when I have a same day international flight, but am I allowed even if the first leg is the day before? (same ticket AA)
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Probably not entitled to use it. Highly doubtful your name will be on the list to access MIA Flagship First check-in, if there is someone checking at the entrance (which there has been recently in MIA, in my experience). That being said, if you actually get to the Flagship First check-in desk and tell them you have an international connection (omitting the next day part) I doubt you'll be turned away.

-FlyerBeek
afmiami likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
I'm not sure how the 1 guest rule for Flagship First check-in works. I was not aware of the rule until I read the beginning of this thread today. I checked in at the Flagship First check in at O'Hare yesterday along with my wife who was on the same record locator with me and my adult daughter who was also flying in first with but using my AAdvantage miles. My daughter and was already checked-in on the mobile app. The agent didn't say anything and in fact unsolicited printed my daughter's boarding pass.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ksweeney
I'm not sure how the 1 guest rule for Flagship First check-in works. I was not aware of the rule until I read the beginning of this thread today. I checked in at the Flagship First check in at O'Hare yesterday along with my wife who was on the same record locator with me and my adult daughter who was also flying in first with but using my AAdvantage miles. My daughter and was already checked-in on the mobile app. The agent didn't say anything and in fact unsolicited printed my daughter's boarding pass.
No idea. I assume it means 1 person like a coworker or friend. Families probably fit in as an extension of you.. there's no value in flagship check in if your significant other and kids have to go elsewhere.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Curious to know yalls take on this. 4 people traveling together from Ord-jfk RT. One of the people is a BA gold however he is only 15. Technically they all have access (guest requirement is never enforced) however this just sounds like a recipe for them all getting denied. Should they even try to use flagship first checkin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.