Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Last year my wife was in the midst of changing her name and although she had TSA PreCheck on her boarding pass and had a temporary drivers license with her new name on it her photo ID had her previous name so was told she couldn't use PreCheck. We had used the JFK Flagship Check-In to get the boarding pass check and were walked over to the front of the Priority line by a second TSO that was waved over.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I'm an EXP and have separate tickets -- one from LAX to ORD, and the other from ORD to a qualifying international destination.

Will LAX let me use the Flagship Checkin?

Can I link the PNR's so that it shows up on their list?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA
Hello all,

I'm BA Gold, travelling on the same PNR from London to New York in business with BA then connecting to an AA flight to Miami in First. Can I use Flagship check-in at JFK on the way out and at MIA on the way home (reverse routing)?

I've read through the posts and I think the answer to my question is yes, but am I correct?

BCALDavid
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I'm an EXP and have separate tickets -- one from LAX to ORD, and the other from ORD to a qualifying international destination.

Will LAX let me use the Flagship Checkin?

Can I link the PNR's so that it shows up on their list?
In the half dozen or so times I've used Flagship Check-in at LAX, the agent outside has never had a list of qualifying pax. I've always gotten the "ConciergeKey/first class?" question, said "yes," and have been let in. At most, you'll get in with "I'm Executive Platinum and traveling internationally today."
Old May 1, 2019, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by BCALDavid
Hello all,

I'm BA Gold, travelling on the same PNR from London to New York in business with BA then connecting to an AA flight to Miami in First. Can I use Flagship check-in at JFK on the way out and at MIA on the way home (reverse routing)?

I've read through the posts and I think the answer to my question is yes, but am I correct?

BCALDavid
Yes, non-AA OWE can use Flagship Check-in whenever traveling on AA.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Was denied access to FL check in at LAX today. EXP traveling to SYD in J.

boo.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Antarius

boo.
That's unacceptable. What did they say? Last time at JFK I was just asked "are you EXP" and he didn't even check the list...
Old May 8, 2019, 8:42 pm

boo.
Any reason given?
(I assume you were on AA.)
Old May 8, 2019, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
That's unacceptable. What did they say? Last time at JFK I was just asked "are you EXP" and he didn't even check the list...
Originally Posted by Global321
Any reason given?
(I assume you were on AA.)
I was asked if I was CK, to which i replied no, but am EXP on an intl flight. Was sent outside. Didn't really push it as there was no one in line outside.

Was curious what this looked like. I rarely originate for an intl flight at one of the FL check in hubs, so it was more a curiosity thing than anything. This time, since I got stuck in LAX, figured i'd see what it was about.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:00 pm

Same here. I just said I was Exec Plat and even with someone on a different PNR and we had no problem.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:01 am

I was asked if I was CK, to which i replied no, but am EXP on an intl flight. Was sent outside. Didn't really push it as there was no one in line outside.

Was curious what this looked like. I rarely originate for an intl flight at one of the FL check in hubs, so it was more a curiosity thing than anything. This time, since I got stuck in LAX, figured i'd see what it was about.
It sucks when this happens... not because you needed it this time, but because a) had you needed it or need it in the future, it gives you pause/ a headache to use it and b) it is a published benefit. I have resorted to printing out the rules for FF check-in (when eligable) and FF Dining/FL access. Thankfully in the last year I only needed to pull it out one time and even then, seemed like if I had pushed it would have worked.

If you are so inclined, a quick email/tweet to AA can help the cause for everyone in the future.

Cheers
Old May 9, 2019, 4:39 pm

Aa.com updated today to include access for the Boston-LAX 321T and MIA-LAX 777-300 flights. Makes sense given that the lounge page was updated a few days ago...
Old May 11, 2019, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by dave_261
Any rumors or updates on a DFW flagship check-in? If it's being tied to the Flagship lounge opening next year, seems bizarre that they'd need these to be run in parallel.
Curious if there are any updates on potential DFW Flagship Check-in now that the lounge is on the cusp of officially opening.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:10 pm

Is the rule about all the flights having to be on AA metal a hard and fast rule.

I have a first class award ticket LAX -> LHR, via AUS. As it's the cheapo award, the AUS -> LHR leg has been routed on BA.

Can I still use the Flagship c/i at LAX.

Cheers.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
the rule is marketed and operated by American OR OneWorld airline. no strict requirement for AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.