Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
Apologies if this has been answered already in this thread - but what defines an 'itinerary' in this context?

I am flying LHR-LAX-(overnight)-MFR. I know that I don't get lounge access since my next morning flight is after 6am (even though it is the first available flight), but my itinerary is clearly international (in layman's terms) but in terms of the rules for Flagship First Check-in, is 'itinerary' my future itinerary, or my complete itinerary?

Thanks for any advice - it feels like the answer should be obvious, but one learns on here that it so often isn't quite as obvious as you would expect!
Just to answer my own question. I had no issues using Flagship First Check-in for my next day LAX-MFR (9.30am departure) after flying LHR-LAX on AA109 the day before. We even talked about the same-day rule and check-in agent said she was aware that I might have difficulty getting into the Flagship Lounge, but she never hinted that I wasn't eligible for Flagship check-in.

I also had no issues accessing the Qantas F Lounge. The American Flagship Lounge said 'No' as expected, and I couldn't be bothered to try and argue the case.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I'm flying out of JFK this week on a qualifying international route for the first time since becoming EXP. I've never used Flagship Checkin before, but I have walked by and seen the dragon with the clip-board. Should I expect that my name will be on it? I'm also on the same PNR with a non-status pax. I'm not sure if we'll arrive at the same time or not. Can my friend also use Flagship Checkin without me. Should I print anything for myself? For some reason I'm expecting to get hassled even when I'm checking in.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by donotblink
I'm flying out of JFK this week on a qualifying international route for the first time since becoming EXP. I've never used Flagship Checkin before, but I have walked by and seen the dragon with the clip-board. Should I expect that my name will be on it? I'm also on the same PNR with a non-status pax. I'm not sure if we'll arrive at the same time or not. Can my friend also use Flagship Checkin without me. Should I print anything for myself? For some reason I'm expecting to get hassled even when I'm checking in.
Your name should be on the list, but if it's not, IME they'll just ask where you're flying. I'd just have my mobile boarding pass or mobile EXP card in case.

If not with you, your friend won't be able to use Flagship First Check-In.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by donotblink
Should I expect that my name will be on it?
They have a list of passengers who qualify based on the cabin rather than status. At least, this has been my experience.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Andriyko
They have a list of passengers who qualify based on the cabin rather than status. At least, this has been my experience.
That would make sense, actually. A list of EXPs flying internationally, or a list of OWEs flying anywhere, would be so long as to be useless.

If you just tell them you are EXP and where you're flying, they should let you through.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DMPHL
That would make sense, actually. A list of EXPs flying internationally, or a list of OWEs flying anywhere, would be so long as to be useless.

If you just tell them you are EXP and where you're flying, they should let you through.
My experience has been that even if you are flying AA with the OWE status on your PNR they do not have you on the list but they do let you through.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I've been surprised my and my spouse's names have been on the list when flying J internationally. (We're both EXPs.)
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

If I am an EXP flying on separate PNRs ORD-SFO-HKG, domestically ORD-SFO on AA metal and then onward to SFO-HKG via Cathay, can I go through the Flagship Check-In at ORD?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by mrosskam
If I am an EXP flying on separate PNRs ORD-SFO-HKG, domestically ORD-SFO on AA metal and then onward to SFO-HKG via Cathay, can I go through the Flagship Check-In at ORD?
By rule, no. (Even on one PNR, the answer is no.) FC on Partners does not get you access.

However, there have been plenty of folks (myself included) that have been let into Flagship check-in flying CX first. (My experience is in Miami.)
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've been surprised my and my spouse's names have been on the list when flying J internationally. (We're both EXPs.)
My name was on the list.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
My home airport doesn't have Flagship checkin so looking at the first time I may have a chance to use the privilege as an EXP. Have a question.
Flying MSP > MIA > UIO. MCE but on upgrade lists - though that shouldn't matter.
We have a long layover in MIA and thinking about going offsite to a pool nearby. Being a worrier, I know I'd be concerned about time getting through security on return to airport BUT wondering if I can go directly to a Flagship line?
Our bags should be checked through so, technically no reason to go to Flagship Check-in unless I need a pass from them for the expedited security? We do have global entry but hoping Flagship is faster?

Our layover will be from 11am-7pm, allowing for time off planes, security, and maybe Flagship dining, the real time is obviously shorter. But I
m thinking a local hotel pool/day room might be doable if we know we have expedited security on the return.

Appreciate thoughts,
AJ
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by aj411
My home airport doesn't have Flagship checkin so looking at the first time I may have a chance to use the privilege as an EXP. Have a question.
Flying MSP > MIA > UIO. MCE but on upgrade lists - though that shouldn't matter.
We have a long layover in MIA and thinking about going offsite to a pool nearby. Being a worrier, I know I'd be concerned about time getting through security on return to airport BUT wondering if I can go directly to a Flagship line?
Our bags should be checked through so, technically no reason to go to Flagship Check-in unless I need a pass from them for the expedited security? We do have global entry but hoping Flagship is faster?

Our layover will be from 11am-7pm, allowing for time off planes, security, and maybe Flagship dining, the real time is obviously shorter. But I
m thinking a local hotel pool/day room might be doable if we know we have expedited security on the return.

Appreciate thoughts,
AJ
Yes, you are eligible for Flagship Check-in as EXP flying to South America. If you will already have your bags checked and your boarding pass with PreCheck, the main benefit of Flagship Check-in is that it will put you at the front of the PreCheck security line. So yes, it should make your security process as fast as possible.

Regarding dining, if you are talking about Flagship First Dining, you are not eligible unless flying in three-class F. You will have the normal hot buffet in the Flagship Lounge.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Yep. Get the dining part - was just referring to regular flagship buffet. We've been there for several international connections.

On security, would we go straight back to security and show boarding pass with status for Flagship lane access? or do we have to go to the Flagship First checkin to get an "invitation" or some such? Process question.

Thanks,
AJ
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by aj411
Yep. Get the dining part - was just referring to regular flagship buffet. We've been there for several international connections.

On security, would we go straight back to security and show boarding pass with status for Flagship lane access? or do we have to go to the Flagship First checkin to get an "invitation" or some such? Process question.

Thanks,
AJ
You have to go through FF Check-in. They will take you to the front of the line.

There is no way to do it at security.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:59 am

Does Flagship First Check-in have a separate entrance to security at JFK?

Thata what the site cclaims but I’ve never seen it. Is is open most of the time? I asked at the info desk last time and was pointed to the regular security line.

Thanks in advance to helping someon who’s bought Flagship first got a whole but is just now discovering the perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.