Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Moderator note: see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...a-ord-rev.html (link) for the current thread.

I've had horrible luck at JFK getting into Flagship Checkin, but in ORD earlier this week I had no problem on a domestic flight as a LATAM Emerald. Funny how they can get the training right at one station but not another...

Last edited by JDiver; May 15, 2021 at 5:12 pm Reason: Add moderator note
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
According to the AA website, there is no provision for passengers departing JFK in F on a CX flight to use Flagship Check-In at JFK.

• Under "Qualifying first class", it says you must be flying "on American"
  • Under "Qualifying AAdvantage Executive Platinum" it says "operated by American"
  • Under "ConciergeKey" it says "operated by American"
  • Under "oneworld Emerald" it says "operated by American"

Is this an omission, or intentional?
Originally Posted by Global321
That is the updated rules. In practice, CX first has been allowed Flagship First check-in. (I don't believe we have had anyone rejected.) I personally have used it several times without any hassle. I just show my itinerary.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
That's correct, it's not officially listed.

The current thinking is that since AA has made an official arrangement to provide flagship dining access to CX F pax, that flagship first check-in might be sort of included as well. But definitely not officially/published to my knowledge and I know of a 2 very recent cases where someone flying CX F was refused flagship first check-in. (Then again, they've had that problem (confusion over qualification for use)-- big time-- with folks that -were- unambiguously allowed.)
Flagship Dining for CX F makes sense. Flagship Check-In for CX F does not. It is an AA desk, and CX presumably provides for F pax very nearby.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by zpaul
I've had horrible luck at JFK getting into Flagship Checkin, but in ORD earlier this week I had no problem on a domestic flight as a LATAM Emerald. Funny how they can get the training right at one station but not another...
I've had terrible luck at all of them. LAX (and maybe JFK? I don't fly through there enough) seems to be the only place where Flagship Check-In is worth using.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by GaryD
Flagship Dining for CX F makes sense. Flagship Check-In for CX F does not. It is an AA desk, and CX presumably provides for F pax very nearby.
Yea, I don't understand how AA would even check someone in on a CX departure. If it's a 160 ticket, then AA wouldn't even have it in their system. If it's a 001 ticket, then AA would have the reservation in their system, but the check-in record would be exclusively in CX's system, and would be generated approx. 48 hours before departure.

If it's an AA-CX connection at JFK (which then raises the question of why someone would even need to use Flagship First Check-In at JFK, although I guess theoretically you could at ORD or MIA), then AA could check you in for both flights, but that's only because at check-in Sabre sends a request to CX's system with passenger details and CX will send back info to issue the BP. But if there's no AA flight on the itinerary, then I don't think AA's system can check you in for a CX flight.

Maybe the Flagship Check-In agents have access to CX's system in Amadeus to access the check-in record and issue the Boarding Pass?

Last edited by DMPHL; Oct 29, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by zpaul
Right? What a Premium Service fail.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hi guys,

I am flying on Friday on QR J out of JFK and I'm AA EXP & OWE. I know I should'nt have problem accessing AA Flagship Lounge in JFK but I wanted to know what are the chances of me bringing in 2 guests with me instead of one. I have 2 people flying with me on QR J and I wanted to show them the lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Hi guys,

I am flying on Friday on QR J out of JFK and I'm AA EXP & OWE. I know I should'nt have problem accessing AA Flagship Lounge in JFK but I wanted to know what are the chances of me bringing in 2 guests with me instead of one. I have 2 people flying with me on QR J and I wanted to show them the lounge.
OW flight J or F have access to FL (not dining except for CX). So they could enter without being your guests. So no guest for you I guess

Also, the topic is on FL Check-in, which in theory is not available to QR flights.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Oct 31, 2017 at 10:32 am
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Doing a RT LAX to JFK in F on 3 class 321T. I haven't flown out of LAX since May but I assume no change in Flagship check in location? Keep hearing about how LAX is a mess and with the construction in terminal 4 just wondering.

In JFK I've also heard there is a lot of construction. I've never left out of JFK before, only transited through, so not sure what to expect. Any tips on spotting the location of Flagship check at JFK?

Planning to visit flagship dining/lounge, just missed dining last time we were there, they were opening later that same day. Love the Quantas First lounge in LAX, is there any other options at JFK like that if we've got some extra exploring time?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Currently at LAX. Had no problems using the Flagship check in after showing my LATAM Black card.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
Okay, possibly dumb question (and possibly answered above, but couldn't find it, alas): as an EXP arriving at ORD from overseas and connecting to domestic (after clearing customs and taking the train from T5 and all that jazz), do I have access to Flagship check-in for the connection or nah?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by jongesander
Currently at LAX. Had no problems using the Flagship check in after showing my LATAM Black card.
I've had no problems at ORD, MIA, and LAX using my LATAM Black card for FLCI for domestic flights. JFK is the only place where I consistently have problems.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Global321
That is the updated rules. In practice, CX first has been allowed Flagship First check-in. (I don't believe we have had anyone rejected.) I personally have used it several times without any hassle. I just show my itinerary.
Did itin have only CX segments? Also was the ticket issued by AA or CX?

It was mentioned several months ago, AA wouldn't have access to CX flight in departure control systems to perform a check-in.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Did itin have only CX segments? Also was the ticket issued by AA or CX?

It was mentioned several months ago, AA wouldn't have access to CX flight in departure control systems to perform a check-in.
MIA-JFK-HKG. AA-CX. Done it both with tickets issued by AA and CX. In my experience, AA has always been able to check me in all the way through with no problem.

The change that happened a while back was AA/CX no longer check bags through if they are separate tickets. Not a tech issue, a profit issue.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; UA 1K
ORD check in

Anyone tried to use Flagship Check-In at ORD for a flight departing terminal 5? Flying CX F on an AA ticket later this week. Can I check in at terminal 3, use the Flagship Lounge and then take the tram to terminal 5 closer to flight time?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Doing a RT LAX to JFK in F on 3 class 321T. I haven't flown out of LAX since May but I assume no change in Flagship check in location? Keep hearing about how LAX is a mess and with the construction in terminal 4 just wondering.

In JFK I've also heard there is a lot of construction. I've never left out of JFK before, only transited through, so not sure what to expect. Any tips on spotting the location of Flagship check at JFK?

Planning to visit flagship dining/lounge, just missed dining last time we were there, they were opening later that same day. Love the Quantas First lounge in LAX, is there any other options at JFK like that if we've got some extra exploring time?
The JFK location of the Flagship lounge is right after security. Head to the elevators to the left (or stairs) and take it to top floor. Exit to your left and proceed into the lounge. If you pass the large colorful model airplane, walking toward Concourse C, you've walked too far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.