Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Seaborne / BB and AA codeshares, etc. in Caribbean END 1 MAR 2014 (consolidated)

Seaborne / BB and AA codeshares, etc. in Caribbean END 1 MAR 2014 (consolidated)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 13, 15, 1:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Seaborne / BB and AA codeshares Caribbean (ended 1 March 2014?)

Link to Seaborne page on aa.com.

AA codeshares on Seaborne Airlines / BB could be booked now (24 Jun 2013), with flights as of 27 June 2013. Miles are earned on AA codeshares, and AA miles were able to be used for redemptions "sometime" later in 2013. Codeshares operated between SJU and DOM, EIS, FTF, PTP, VIJ and VQS. STT and STX were not included.

Awards using Seaborne seem quite scarce, and are limited to:

Redeem miles with Seaborne

Regions

Earn (?) and redeem AAdvantage® miles for travel on Seaborne between San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) and:
  • Dominica (DOM)
  • Fort de France, Martinique (FDF)
  • Pointe a Pitre (PTP)
  • Tortola, British Virgin Islands (EIS)
  • St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands (STT)
  • St. Croix, US Virgin Islands (STX)
  • Anguilla, Anguilla (AXA)

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 13, 15, 4:03 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Has anyone EVER gotten an award on Seaborne? The route I need is DOM-SJU in May and the rep said there was nothing available the whole month. Just for fun, I asked her to check from Dec onwards to see if there was anything, not one single seat!

I'm also a bit confused over the pricing. The new AA award chart has intra-Caribbean on Seaborne at 7500 but the old chart has no provisions for any direct intra-Caribbean. I think they were using 2 awards to book via the USA before Seaborne was made a partner.

Failing that, are there any promo codes if we have to pay for the flight? It's still ridiculously expensive. $384 each!

Liat used to have a direct flight that was cheap but the price went up since they now route DOM-ANU-SJU.
Old Feb 2, 16, 9:35 am

Was just able to get seats put on hold for an award.... SJU-EIS-SJU on seaborne... I'm trying to build around it (leaving from DFW) but flights to/from SJU on AA aren't available in Y SAAver so I'm struggling with those flights, which I thought would be the easier ones. There is J/F saaver availability but I don't want to spend that many miles. It's over Memorial day so AA probably has zeroed out the Y SAAver inventory. Any thoughts? Would AA open anything up or should I just set alerts and hope something opens up.

If I ended up just booking the SJU-EIS-SJU flights, does anybody know how many miles each leg costs? I can't seem to find the amount and the agent only told me the amount from DFW to/from EIS. SJU-EIS doesn't involve the main 48 states and the award chart doesn't have an amount.

Search this Thread