Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you won’t have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
thank you. i really appreciate that DP. also, just to be clear, when you say "no negotiation", do you mean almost every contract has similar cost per mile? i was under the impression certain routes could be discussed. i want to make sure i dont blindly agree to a "cookie cut" contract that has room for discussion.
For an individual (or small headcount) contract, I don’t think any negotiation is possible. For a larger multi-person contract, I’m guessing into the mid six figures, I believe negotiation is possible.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
thank you. i really appreciate that DP. also, just to be clear, when you say "no negotiation", do you mean almost every contract has similar cost per mile? i was under the impression certain routes could be discussed. i want to make sure i dont blindly agree to a "cookie cut" contract that has room for discussion.
What do you believe you are bringing to the table that would make AA feel they need to "negotiate" with you?

Regards
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by scubadu
What do you believe you are bringing to the table that would make AA feel they need to "negotiate" with you?

Regards
We’ll not to speak for them, but perhaps money? Many things are negotiable, so it’s a fair question. In this case, it isn’t at this purchase level, but the question is a normal one IMHO.
GUWonder and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
I love airpass. I normally book the week of travel, or the week before. Most of my flights are domestic. Normally saves me money. The part I like is I can book a back up flight without worrying.

Regarding the extension , is the CK status extended too ?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by scott56
I love airpass. I normally book the week of travel, or the week before. Most of my flights are domestic. Normally saves me money. The part I like is I can book a back up flight without worrying.

If you true back up to $60K yes.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
If you true back up to $60K yes.
great.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu

Regards
We’ll not to speak for them, but perhaps money? Many things are negotiable, so it’s a fair question. In this case, it isn’t at this purchase level, but the question is a normal one IMHO.
exactly. whenever "large enough" numbers are discussed, negotiations should always be considered. altho not always favorable or available. even a simple vehicle purchase much lower than $60k USD, negotiation is still possible, so why not something like AA upfront cash payment which is essentially a prepaid airline debit card that can expire. but it looks like only standard AA contract is available at this level. understandable.

BlooJoo, thank you so much for all the details. very helpful.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:14 pm

im curious when you cancel your backup flight. do you simply use the app to cancel all redundant flights as you board your primary flight?

also, have you experienced a situation where your current flight is delayed/canceled and AA is showing you no good alt options, so you cancel ur current booking (partial or full itinerary) and simply book a last minute flight same day/airport/terminal? often times during IRROP, the AA app would show me flight options to change, but i dont see the same flights that i can still book via app/online as a choice. but booking these last min flights will be a huge cost unless i can stabilize these expenses and also consider how much i will get refunded if i were to cancel the partial itinerary.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:13 pm
Suspended

im curious when you cancel your backup flight. do you simply use the app to cancel all redundant flights as you board your primary flight?
I usually have two backups booked for every one way trip. I cancel them after boarding the one that I've chosen. I often show up to the airport, and AA staff and TSA will say, "wait, which flight are you taking?"

also, have you experienced a situation where your current flight is delayed/canceled and AA is showing you no good alt options, so you cancel ur current booking (partial or full itinerary) and simply book a last minute flight same day/airport/terminal?
100% of the time, if I don't like what I was rebooked on, I don't deal with AA's crap IT, I cancel what was booked and book whatever I want. There is zero reason to deal with rebooking. Just cancel and book whatever you want. The price is always the same.

Trust me, you're going to love Airpass.

EDIT: The only time I called for a rebooking is when I told them to get me on the last J seat on UA, and they just did it, no questions asked. I'm CK too though, so that may have been a factor.
GundamWing01 likes this.

Last edited by BlooJoo; Sep 17, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Another advantage is that, even if there's a 25% change I'm taking a trip, I book, so I get the flights/seats I want. I end up flying about a third of the tickets I book, I'd guess.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:29 pm

I just cancel it from the app. Refunded in a day or 2 tops. I always book another flight first then cancel of course. I will say, CK was able to get me on flights that showed sold out. I find AP more worth it if you can do the 60k personal , or 100k business. We have the 100k business, up to 10 people. You can add and remove as you please. If I didn’t have business I would prob do personal as long as I can go through the funds
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:33 pm

Question for the personal, is it 1 or 2 people per account ? Or is it 1 person plus companion.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Question for the personal, is it 1 or 2 people per account ? Or is it 1 person plus companion.
$60K for CK is 1 + Companion. There's a way to do an account for two people though, and $100K(?) gets you 1 CK + 1 PPro or 2 EXP (not sure.) I think it's on the site.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:40 pm

$60K for CK is 1 + Companion. There's a way to do an account for two people though, and $100K(?) gets you 1 CK + 1 PPro or 2 EXP (not sure.) I think it's on the site.
that would be tough with me. My wife , plus my daughter who travels with me pretty often. Would suck having to pay for her ticket not using airpass funds.I would never get through the 100k
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:41 pm
Suspended

that would be tough with me. My wife , plus my daughter who travels with me pretty often. Would suck having to pay for her ticket not using airpass funds.I would never get through the 100k
Airpass haș always only been one companion. It's not a family plan. A two-person account might include a companion (for each?), best to call sales.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.