Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you won’t have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
So I’ve never been able to get the Airpass radio button to show on mobile browser! How do you do it? I’m talking iPhone (not iPad which uses desktop browser.)
It’s cumbersome but I tap “request desktop website” in Safari to get the radio button.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by tismfu
It’s cumbersome but I tap “request desktop website” in Safari to get the radio button.
I've tried that, but upon going all the way through with pricing, it force reverts back to mobile site, and then I can't buy the ticket because it no longer recognizes that I'm in Airpass and says something like "how do you want to pay for your ticket?" Does it stay in desktop site all the way through for you?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Yup go to the bottom and hit full site and it works
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by scott56
Yup go to the bottom and hit full site and it works
Please see my prior post.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Please see my prior post.
what browser are you using ? I use safari for it and don’t have any issues.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:53 am

I've tried that, but upon going all the way through with pricing, it force reverts back to mobile site, and then I can't buy the ticket because it no longer recognizes that I'm in Airpass and says something like "how do you want to pay for your ticket?" Does it stay in desktop site all the way through for you?
no. It goes back to the Moble site but it works with no issues.

I login in. Then I go to the bottom and it full site. Then I hit airpass , put in my info ( booking ) and it brings me to the Mobile site. But it’s all the airpass pricing ect. I use safari
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:52 am
Suspended

So here’s what happens. At the final stage, I can’t pay with Airpass, because it’s reverted to the mobile site and “forgotten” I had selected Airpass from the beginning (even though it shows the Airpass price.) This is after choosing my desired Airpass booking class and seats, which works fine. This really happens to no one else?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Same pattern used to happen to my husband all the time and neither of us can recall how he remedied the issue.

Have you tried requesting desktop website again during the process?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tismfu
Same pattern used to happen to my husband all the time and neither of us can recall how he remedied the issue.

Have you tried requesting desktop website again during the process?
IIRC, there is no way to select "Full Site" (that's what AA calls it) anywhere in the process other than at the start. Such a frustration!
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:38 am

So here’s what happens. At the final stage, I can’t pay with Airpass, because it’s reverted to the mobile site and “forgotten” I had selected Airpass from the beginning (even though it shows the Airpass price.) This is after choosing my desired Airpass booking class and seats, which works fine. This really happens to no one else?

so when you go to put a payment in can you unclick it ? And then just click pay now
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:46 am
Suspended

so when you go to put a payment in can you unclick it ? And then just click pay now
THAT'S IT! In fact, neither of them are clicked by default, I was just caught up in choosing one. If you simply ignore that, click neither of them, and PAY NOW, it works. Thank you, thank you.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:57 am

Old Aug 27, 2022, 10:01 am

THAT'S IT! In fact, neither of them are clicked by default, I was just caught up in choosing one. If you simply ignore that, click neither of them, and PAY NOW, it works. Thank you, thank you.
Awesome. Yeah I did trial and error at first. Hope it meshes booking airpass easier. I keep telling my rep they need to get it so we can book it from the app
Old Aug 27, 2022, 10:13 am
Suspended

Awesome. Yeah I did trial and error at first. Hope it meshes booking airpass easier. I keep telling my rep they need to get it so we can book it from the app
Seriously. The fact that this isn’t in the app is absurd.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 10:15 am

Seriously. The fact that this isn’t in the app is absurd.
yup I don’t get it. I love airpass and use it all the time. It would make it easier if it was.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.