Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (ne AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you wont have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (ne AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Old Jun 4, 2021, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
I finally got the email forwarded from my rep (since I never received the automated one). It says we get a free wifi account. Anyone know how to access that?
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I finally got the email forwarded from my rep (since I never received the automated one). It says we get a free wifi account. Anyone know how to access that?
It has taken them quite a while to get it up and running earlier this year, if you called in, they would give you single use Wi-Fi codes for your upcoming flights. Now, theyre sending out a unique code that can be used multiple times on all flights. If you call Airpass, they should be able to email your code to you.

Id prefer a true subscription that I access with a username/password, but the multi-use code will work for now. I get the sense that they must have had some IT difficulties getting the subscriptions going, so this is the solution for now.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by metallo
It has taken them quite a while to get it up and running earlier this year, if you called in, they would give you single use Wi-Fi codes for your upcoming flights. Now, theyre sending out a unique code that can be used multiple times on all flights. If you call Airpass, they should be able to email your code to you.

Id prefer a true subscription that I access with a username/password, but the multi-use code will work for now. I get the sense that they must have had some IT difficulties getting the subscriptions going, so this is the solution for now.
Yup. Called. They said they're going to request it be emailed to me. She couldn't force it. Of course I have a flight this weekend.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: UA: 1MM/Lifetime Gold; AA: CK; Hyatt: Globalist; Marriott: Titanium Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite
The CK reps do know now. I just tried YUP/D and then a SWU to F. CK rep was confused and said it won't go through and I needed to call Airpass. Airpass rep kept saying the new program was so much better. I asked why give me SWU's if I can't use them? crickets.

My contract was due to renew in a few months. I was planning on renewing, but I doubt I will now.

Last edited by tiredprofessor; Jun 10, 2021 at 11:57 am
Old Jun 20, 2021, 7:56 pm
Suspended

What a joke. Seriously why have SWUs???
Old Jun 21, 2021, 10:19 am
Suspended

So, got this email. The airpass.aa.com site has no info about the "offer". Can anyone decipher what this means? Can't call right now.

Your annual AirPass membership expires in 90 days. To offer enhanced flexibility, AirPass members can extend eligible contracts* for three, six or twelve months or roll remaining pre-paid travel funds to a new contract without incurring a change fee for a limited time.

Extend or renew your contract today to continue enjoying an elevated travel experience with unmatched flexibility and exclusive benefits including AAdvantage elite status, Admirals Club membership, Priority check-in and boarding, complimentary checked baggage, inflight amenities and more.

To get started, please visit airpass.com or contact AirPass Customer Service at [email protected] or via phone at
800-433-6355 Monday through Friday from 8am-5:30pm CT.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Follow up question: what would be the pros/cons of extending the existing contract for 12 months vs. signing a new one??
Old Jun 30, 2021, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Friendly bump here. Any reason not to extend vs. new contract? I'm a little confused, because I got an email that says extend for free, but the website wants to charge me $50/month. I have $48K left in the account, so $600 is obviously worth it. Thoughts on what I should do here?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: UA: 1MM/Lifetime Gold; AA: CK; Hyatt: Globalist; Marriott: Titanium Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite
You should definitely call Airpass. I think with the status extensions to 2023 (in the last couple of days) things are probably a bit dynamic. I suspect that the website hasn't caught up with the policy changes.

Presuming the extension isn't free, continuing Airpass without a new contract is $50/mo or some percentage of your balance which ever is greater. I can't remember the exact percentage. Your status also reverts to whatever you would have earned not the Airpass status. So if you have CK from Airpass, you'd drop down to EP etc.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tiredprofessor
You should definitely call Airpass. I think with the status extensions to 2023 (in the last couple of days) things are probably a bit dynamic. I suspect that the website hasn't caught up with the policy changes.

Presuming the extension isn't free, continuing Airpass without a new contract is $50/mo or some percentage of your balance which ever is greater. I can't remember the exact percentage. Your status also reverts to whatever you would have earned not the Airpass status. So if you have CK from Airpass, you'd drop down to EP etc.
Thanks. The website is just saying $50/month, not the greater of $50/month or % of balance. For me, I imagine % of balance would be much higher, so it's nice to see the $50/month option. But I'll call.

My CK (from Airpass) was extended to Jan 2023 already, so I'm glad that's locked in.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:14 pm

I went back to my notes from the beginning of COVID. The price was $600 ($50/mo) or 3% of remaining balance whichever was greater. They may have dropped the 3% aspect.

I'd check with Airpass about your status as well. If it came from Airpass, you normally lost the status from Airpass if you did not renew with the appropriate level of contract. Times are weird so it may have changed. It may also be an error on AA's part in extending your CK status. I'd confirm that with Airpass before you make a decision.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:39 am
Suspended

Spoke to Airpass. My contract expires 9/15. They offered a free extension to 12/31, but that's not long enough for me to use the funds. She quoted the $50/month or 3% of balance (for a year extension). That would be ~$1400 for me. Either one is worth it. Website only mentions $50/month. I have until 9/14 to decide, and by then, I will have used some more, so 3% would be less. Of course, by then, they might fix the website...

She also mentioned that the CK extension was for all CKs, including Airpass CKs.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:24 pm

I called as well and confirmed all of the above. I also learned that they've stopped the migration from the old airpass to the new airpass system. Those that weren't migrated are still under the old rules. Those of us migrated to the new system have the new and improved rules.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tiredprofessor
I called as well and confirmed all of the above. I also learned that they've stopped the migration from the old airpass to the new airpass system. Those that weren't migrated are still under the old rules. Those of us migrated to the new system have the new and improved rules.
Are the new rules "improved"??

Seriously, wonder why they stopped? People being ticked off at the blatant contract violation? Did you ask about the lunacy of not being able to upgrade Airpass tix?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:00 pm

"Improved" was sarcasm as you suspect.

I did discuss the system wides, and I was told they're reviewing everything. I think the fact they stopped the migration is a good thing. Yet, those of us with the new rules are still not in a great place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.