Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:41 pm

award tickets error

Keep getting system error when looking for award tickets. Get to calendar page, select date, when it tries to go to the flight selection page, I get the dreaded "system error" and feature unavailable. Tried on two different browsers.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Keep getting system error when looking for award tickets. Get to calendar page, select date, when it tries to go to the flight selection page, I get the dreaded "system error" and feature unavailable. Tried on two different browsers.
Try logging in before you search.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Trying to request credit for missing CX flights. I am logged in while doing this. Go to his the submit button, and a message is displayed to enter a valid AA #. I'm logged in! My number is valid Called tech desk, didn't have a clue as to why. Call forward to AAdvantage customer service. Turns out the flights had already credited. Agent says it is an issue this month that all credited flights are not displayed on summary page and will be updated to soon.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by aktchi
Try logging in before you search.
I'd been having the same issue as of last week. This fix worked.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:36 am

After selecting both of my round trip segments on AA and Finnair, I keep getting an error saying the flights are no longer available...last night and this morning. Should I call?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unable to select seats on LAX-MIA 777

We have a LAX-MIA segment booked in U on AA 909 which initially is a 77W 3 class service. I believe initially we have assigned seats.

I just looked it up and found there was no seat assignment. The flight now just said 777. However despite the seat selection screen (no seat has been taken) let me select seats, it would not save it - kept giving error on "We are having problems, please try again later."

Is this a new glitch?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
We have a LAX-MIA segment booked in U on AA 909 which initially is a 77W 3 class service. I believe initially we have assigned seats.

I just looked it up and found there was no seat assignment. However despite the seat selection screen (no seat has been taken) let me select seats, it would not save it - kept giving error on "We are having problems, please try again later."

Is this a new glitch?
I had a somewhat similar problem ...I had selected my seats. The seat assignments were 'lost' a week later.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:31 pm

What should I do about this?

It is almost a year since I had reported this problem to AA.com, with periodic follow-ups ...I have not been able to book online after they did some upgrade ...the problem is that my name used in their reservation system doesn't match my name in the AAdvantage. I have had no problem booking online for more than a decade until last October.

I have requested AA web services to escalate my issue to senior management ...they just ignored my email. Customer Service won't do anything; it just keeps referring the problem to AA web services. I have written a snail mail to VP of Customer Service a few months ago, no response either.

AA web service is aware of the problem but can't tell me when they would solve the issue.

It is a major inconvenience. Every booking has to be done as a guest. Then to call in Plat line to get them to correct my name, add my Advantage number and reverse any charges incurred for seat selection.

I think a year of waiting is sufficient patience shown. Who can I contact to get action on this?

Appreciate advice. Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by salfcl
I had a somewhat similar problem ...I had selected my seats. The seat assignments were 'lost' a week later.
Were you able to select your seats again?

I believe our seats were lost sometime between Nov 4 and now as I distinctively remember I have picked seats after the award is reticketed. It is a HKG-LAX-MIA award. I changed the date and flights so we did not have to get up early to catch the HKG-LAX CX flight. While the trip is not until next year, it is nonetheless very annoying.

That is not to mention that ALL the departure dates on the summary page of My Trip are wrong - either by one day early or one day late. Even in the trip detail page, the heading is still wrong. I always have to do a double take on the actual trip details to make sure the trip dates. For whatever reason this only affects my husband's account even we are on the same PNR - the dates on my account so far are correct. Very strange glitch.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Were you able to select your seats again?

I believe our seats were lost sometime between Nov 4 and now as I distinctively remember I have picked seats after the award is reticketed. It is a HKG-LAX-MIA award. I changed the date and flights so we did not have to get up early to catch the HKG-LAX CX flight. While the trip is not until next year, it is nonetheless very annoying.

That is not to mention that ALL the departure dates on the summary page of My Trip are wrong - either by one day early or one day late. Even in the trip detail page, the heading is still wrong. I always have to do a double take on the actual trip details to make sure the trip dates. For whatever reason this only affects my husband's account even we are on the same PNR - the dates on my account so far are correct. Very strange glitch.
I was able to pick seats again ...and so far so good.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by salfcl
I was able to pick seats again ...and so far so good.
Still getting errors after selecting seats. Kept telling me to try again later.

Our system is having trouble

Please try again or come back later.
.................................................. .................................................. ..............
I notice on the top of the seat map screen it displays this message

Please note

You are traveling on a carrier other than American Airlines or American Eagle; please call CATHAY PACIFIC for your seat assignment.

But I am not selecting seats on HKG-MIA, it is the MIA-LAX being displayed! Apparently this is a bug in AA's system that if the first segment is on another airline, it would disable the seat selection function! I have never experienced this bug before as we have had non-AA first segment many times and AA site always let me select seats on the AA segments.

On top of that, the aircraft was a 77W before (the only MIA-LAX flight with 77W because AA does not want to idle it). Not it shows just a regular 777 per the seat map.

EDIT
When making a new booking on the very same flight, the website lets me to select seat. So AA site thinks the LAX-MIA is not its own flight?! despite it displays the seat map for seat selection but would reject it because it thinks it is non AA?!

I would call AA tomorrow and report back if the AAgent could select seats from AA end.

UPDATE
AAgent told me because CX has not confirmed 2 seats assignment to AA, only 1 seat assignment, so the AA system gives error as "number of persons traveled not matched" and would not even let the AAgent to assign seats on the LAX-MIA segment. AAgent told me to contact CX to send the 2nd seat assignment over to AA before AA could do anything.

CX US phone number has horrendous hold and then cut off on me so I decided to call AA again.

Second AAgent confirmed the same issue but we tried to work around it by moving our CX seats to whatever AA could access. Once that was done, the AAgent then could assign our seats on the LAX-MIA segment. I then told the AAgent not to worry about the CX seats which I would get it sorted out with CX myself. She gladly obliged.

Then I went back to CX side to put us back to the mini cabin 11K and 12K which AA could only see 12K and 11K did not carry over. (11K presumably is blocked by CX for its own elites).

Last edited by Happy; Nov 25, 2015 at 2:05 pm
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I had a First Class award on hold expiring tonight. When I went to purchase it, the itinerary said Economy while deducting the FC miles! Went back to PNR, showed First. Clicked Purchase, shows economy again. At this point, I decided not to bother with the website. Called AA reservations, confirmed FC cabin, and bought over the phone.

Last edited by aktchi; Nov 25, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:10 am

(My) Home internet banned from aa.com? (To merge)

Who should I talk to about this? Whenever I try to access the AA website it says "Access Denied". If I go from my phone (not on wifi) or work VPN it works great. This has been going on for over a week now and it's a little annoying.

Not sure why they would single out my home internet- I will admit I was searching all day for a long time waiting for some BizSAAvers to open up so maybe they thought I was spamming them / an automated machine somehow
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:32 am

A call to your ISP to change your IP could work.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by mikespimpin
Who should I talk to about this? Whenever I try to access the AA website it says "Access Denied". If I go from my phone (not on wifi) or work VPN it works great. This has been going on for over a week now and it's a little annoying.

Not sure why they would single out my home internet- I will admit I was searching all day for a long time waiting for some BizSAAvers to open up so maybe they thought I was spamming them / an automated machine somehow
Have you tried an anonymizing window (Google Chrome allows it, for example). Have you tried deleting cookies from AA and clearing your cache?

After you try those, give AA web services a call if they don't fix the problem.

800-222-2377 or use the e-mail form: https://www.aa.com/contactAA/viewEma...me=webServices

We will soon merge this into the aa.com trouble thread. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.