Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I have made a few reservations recently and it is common to take 2-3 days for eticket number. However, this is not exactly a "glitch" I'd complain about.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by aktchi
I have made a few reservations recently and it is common to take 2-3 days for eticket number. However, this is not exactly a "glitch" I'd complain about.
I regularly book flights with DL, AS, WN, US and AC. All of them send a confirmation within a few minutes of online booking. AA used to be the same. Something's definitely glitchy, IMHO. Couple that with the fact that reservations just disappear from the "My Trips" section - I think that's worthy of being called a glitch.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Getting a lot of Unavailable messages when trying to pull up my reservations again today
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
I regularly book flights with DL, AS, WN, US and AC. All of them send a confirmation within a few minutes of online booking. AA used to be the same. Something's definitely glitchy, IMHO. Couple that with the fact that reservations just disappear from the "My Trips" section - I think that's worthy of being called a glitch.
I apologize if I wasn't clear. They are slow and this is certainly not desirable.

However, actually getting a notice which is accurate but slow bothers me less than it would if they made an important change and didn't let me know, or if they communicated wrong information.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Getting a lot of Unavailable messages when trying to pull up my reservations again today
Same here with an award ticket. Called and was told they are switching booking classes for US Airways. I can confirm this by looking at my reservation on usairways.com, the first class award class changed from O to Z. She didn't know when and if this reservation will show again on aa.com.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I pulled up an award booking that was on HOLD, with the intent to purchase it. Went through all the way past cc details. Hit the “Purchase” button. Then came back with – “System Errors…try again later or… call AA……” etc.

I tried later, only to find that the “Purchase” button had now become “Cancel” button. I gave up.

Next morning, checked ”My trips”. That itin was TICKETED! Good that it was ticketed, but why the “System Erros” message?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:55 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
anyone having issues on the Oz website? Ive been trying to price an int but it just keeps erroring out. Right before the error you can even see the options...
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA
Haven't been able to access my flights from AA.com.

Called Web Services today:
Rep: "When I look at this flight it says it has already departed."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Rep: "It says the flight departed yesterday."
Me: "But the flight is for February 12, right?"
Rep: "Yes. I don't know what's wrong."

They couldn't get me any farther than that. Still can't see it on the site. I booked another flight after that, got an email confirmation but I can't see that one on the site either.

Also, I'm pretty sure the latest flight I booked was one that I already attempted to book and it just never went through. I had a flight on hold several days ago, then booked it, then immediately boarded another flight and didn't think anymore about the booking until just now when I went to look it up (it departs on Thursday) and realized it wasn't there. I ended up booking it a couple hours ago for $150 more. (That's the other flight that I can't see on AA.com.)

I thought maybe I had a brain fart and maybe I just forgot to book it but I'm extremely confident that I did in fact go through the whole process of booking that flight, because I was having an IM conversation with my SO during it. Seeing recent posts in this thread makes me more confident of that. But I don't have any tangible proof since I never got a booking confirmation so I don't think I really have a case with AA.

Anyway, on another note:

Apologies if this is a common issue or already discussed at length but does anyone know if there's any rhyme or reason to when AA.com gives you this more primitive and less usable scheduling tool? I get it sometimes and am never quite sure why.

Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chrisremo
Haven't been able to access my flights from AA.com.

Called Web Services today:
Rep: "When I look at this flight it says it has already departed."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Rep: "It says the flight departed yesterday."
Me: "But the flight is for February 12, right?"
Rep: "Yes. I don't know what's wrong."

They couldn't get me any farther than that. Still can't see it on the site. I booked another flight after that, got an email confirmation but I can't see that one on the site either.

Also, I'm pretty sure the latest flight I booked was one that I already attempted to book and it just never went through. I had a flight on hold several days ago, then booked it, then immediately boarded another flight and didn't think anymore about the booking until just now when I went to look it up (it departs on Thursday) and realized it wasn't there. I ended up booking it a couple hours ago for $150 more. (That's the other flight that I can't see on AA.com.)

I thought maybe I had a brain fart and maybe I just forgot to book it but I'm extremely confident that I did in fact go through the whole process of booking that flight, because I was having an IM conversation with my SO during it. Seeing recent posts in this thread makes me more confident of that. But I don't have any tangible proof since I never got a booking confirmation so I don't think I really have a case with AA.

Anyway, on another note:

Apologies if this is a common issue or already discussed at length but does anyone know if there's any rhyme or reason to when AA.com gives you this more primitive and less usable scheduling tool? I get it sometimes and am never quite sure why.

the best i can tell over this past week is everything is a disaster with the site. i have run in to lots of issues on booking four separate trips for the next three weeks but because i leave my tabs open in chrome, i had all the locators. so for now--write your locators down! that is the only way i can recall the itin and sometimes even the only way agents can find since the usual find by date thing the exp agents do will not work.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
When is American Airlines going to get rid of their archaic website? This is what I saw when trying to log in today. "We are currently experiencing issues when retrieving seat information or checking in. If you need assistance, you may Contact American. We apologize for any inconvenience." This is the story everyday for the past 2 weeks. I put a reservation on hold to Denver and selected seats. When I went back the next day to purchase there was another reservation (which I did not make) to Denver and someone had named it SFO/MIA. Suddenly it just disappeared. When I selected the reservation I made it had no seats selected. WHAT!
I have also made several reservations and selected seats and when I go back to purchase the seats selection says unassigned. Very frustrating website these days!

Last edited by dfwtravelgirl; Jan 20, 2015 at 1:27 pm Reason: correction
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Went to to look at at recently ticketed itin, noted AA changed my outbound flight #s and time without notification.
To add insult to injury, while looking to change seats, click on "submit", this is what I got:

"Notice
We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time.
Please try again."
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
AA.com Reservation Name

I just booked a flight on AA ORD-->DCA. When I view the Reservation Name on aa.com it always shows as the 'departure airport / arrival airport'. In this instance the Reservation Name should be ORD/DCA. Instead, it is showing as BOS/JFK. This is a one segment, one-way trip from ORD to DCA. I am not stopping in either BOS or JFK.

Has anyone seen this before? Does it mean anything? Does the Reservation Name that aa assigns to a reservation actually have any meaning?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Is everything else correct? Have you verified the itinerary, and have a ticket number?

Normally, you can change the reservation name. Can you in this instance?

Try calling Web Services if you're having any difficulties.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:40 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rikramer
Has anyone seen this before? Does it mean anything?
Yes, it's been reported up-thread, and I've seen this issue mentioned in other parts of the interwebs as well. Been an issue for a few weeks now where it seems like for some reservations on AA.com, the site just pulls two random cities out of a hat and uses those instead. Seems like AA.com has been suffering a whole host of issues this last month, along with a lot of ticketing slowness.

Originally Posted by rikramer
Does the Reservation Name that aa assigns to a reservation actually have any meaning?
Thankfully no. The name is mostly just for us - doesn't affect anything on the back end.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JDiver

Normally, you can change the reservation name. Can you in this instance?
I'm trying to figure out where the option is to change the name, but I do not see it. Do you happen to know how to do this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.