Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espańol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by txrus
Sounds like a mixed itinerary that was booked pre-10/17 when this was a known bug, regardless of which side the actual ticket was issued from. The only way to get on the upgrade list was at the airport. Plenty of discussion about this scattered around.
Nope this was booked this morning and it's all LUS metal.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
AA.com seems to be melting down....I just got sent a booking confirmation for some girl Brooke S. And it's not a phising email it's a legit AA.com booking confirmation. I also spent time on the phone with Web Services and even they couldn't explain the issues I am having.....I made sure they were passing it all along because this is starting to feel like United/Continental a la a few years ago.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: free agent
We couldn't display trip details

Got an upcoming (3 days from now) domestic segment-int'l segment r/t. I have waitlisted SWUs on both int'l segments.

Tried to check the website for the last 2 days - get message "we cannot display trip details".

The iPhone app displays the trip fine. I called the EXP line, and the automated phone system read back the legs and seat assignments fine, but with the addition of both int'l segments again at the end WITHOUT seat assignments (so, a total of 6 segments for a 4 segment trip). I guess these "phantom" two at the end are the SWU requests?

Anyone else seen this error message? Anything to worry about do you think? I'm kinda loath to speak to an agent just in case they mess something up with the SWU request timestamps (as I've seen happen reading here more than once).

UPDATE: Called EXP reservations, asked if anything was wrong. She said nothing wrong, just that the upgrade had cleared and needed to be applied to the reservation. 5 mins later, I have a seat assignment for the int'l segment, and the agent cleared the domestic segment too with the same SWU. ^.

Last edited by AlphaTango; Oct 26, 2015 at 9:27 am
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Tried to check the website for the last 2 days - get message "we cannot display trip details".
My husband is on his way back from HKG right now. From about T-30 on the outbound leg his itinerary had/has the same message. Other than that message and a record locator, every other detail is blank. He had no trouble (besides the guys in front of us with 18 100lb bags) checking in and his seat assignment was intact.

I had flights to/from ORD/MSP this weekend and as soon as I opted for standby on an earlier flight, AA.com lost all of my info and displayed the same message, but I could see my original flight, BP, and standby ranking on my phone. I tried to print a standby card at the MSP kiosk this morning, and it couldn't find me by FF#, but the record locator worked just fine.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Login credentials rejected in iPhone app

I'm unable to log in to the AA iPhone app; have been for about a month now. Has anyone else had the same issue?

I am/was able to log in to AA.com, USairways.com, and the US Airways app without trouble, but the AA app started rejecting my credentials about a month ago. I've quintuple-checked the login (using my AA FF#), last name, and password are the same. When I try to log in, I get the error message "Login Error. We're unable to log you in with the information you entered...."

I tried deleting the app and reinstalling on my old iPhone (4S). I bought a new iPhone today and it still doesn't work. (A rather drastic solution! ) Same error continues with them all.

ETA: The timing of it stopping working is about right to have been when I updated from iOS 8 to iOS 9, but I don't recall for sure.

I called Web Support. They say they have a compatibility issue with iOS 9 that will be fixed in an update later this week.

ETA (for the record) Nov 13, 2015: The issue appears to be special characters in my password, which apparently don't work in the app. See post in the app thread.

Last edited by ashill; Nov 13, 2015 at 12:21 pm
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Got an upcoming (3 days from now) domestic segment-int'l segment r/t. I have waitlisted SWUs on both int'l segments.

The iPhone app displays the trip fine. I called the EXP line, and the automated phone system read back the legs and seat assignments fine, but with the addition of both int'l segments again at the end WITHOUT seat assignments (so, a total of 6 segments for a 4 segment trip). I guess these "phantom" two at the end are the SWU requests?

Anyone else seen this error message? Anything to worry about do you think? I'm kinda loath to speak to an agent just in case they mess something up with the SWU request timestamps (as I've seen happen reading here more than once).

UPDATE: Called EXP reservations, asked if anything was wrong. She said nothing wrong, just that the upgrade had cleared and needed to be applied to the reservation. 5 mins later, I have a seat assignment for the int'l segment, and the agent cleared the domestic segment too with the same SWU. ^.
Yeah, I was going to suggest your upgrade cleared.

I have this problem when international miles & copay upgrades clear. My reservation just dies on aa.com until I call. Then they ask me to confirm the credit card for the copay, and my reservation magically works again on aa.com. I think it's some sort of mechanism for them to make sure you pay when using a copay (and since SWU's work on the same inventory, it probably sticks the same way).
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well this is a brand new glitch for me! Went to check in online and got a message that said I was unable to checkin online as I am an unaccompanied minor. Checked all details like birthdate, nope I am definitely not a minor. :-)
Old Oct 30, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
You really shouldn't be posting here without parental consent either.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Website glitch, I think: Booked a multi-city trip spanning Nov 2-4 via corporate online travel. One segment on Nov 2, one on Nov 3, two on Nov 4.

All shows correct on my corporate online travel website.

All shows correct on AA iPhone app.

AA.com My Trips shows the first Nov 4 flight as taking place on Nov 3, and no seat assignment. Anyone else seen similar issues with multi-city trips? Should I be concerned?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:34 am
Suspended

App has not been working for me at all today
Old Oct 31, 2015, 3:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nall
Is the option to rename itineraries gone?
It appears with the new website roll-out, this option is only available during the booking process. Once the booking process is left, that option disappears for me.

The aa.com FAQ still shows that option is available.

I wish aa.com would bring that option back. Since none of my originating flights are from a hub, there is no differentiation under "My Trips" in any of my reservation names. They all show AEX/DFW as the name of the reservation.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Can't change seats on the app or the website. Shows seats are available but when you try to change to them it says they are unavailable. Currently assigned a middle seat.

It's a fare class O, I wonder if the new AA competition with ULCCs has begun and you can't get a window or aisle on an O fare?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BSBD
Website glitch, I think: Booked a multi-city trip spanning Nov 2-4 via corporate online travel. One segment on Nov 2, one on Nov 3, two on Nov 4.

All shows correct on my corporate online travel website.

All shows correct on AA iPhone app.

AA.com My Trips shows the first Nov 4 flight as taking place on Nov 3, and no seat assignment. Anyone else seen similar issues with multi-city trips? Should I be concerned?
My bold. Yes. I had this problem with many (not all) of my reserved bookings.
I even got text alert from AA that my flight had departed (1 day too early from the actual date). Melt down is what I sensed here.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
I also wanted to rename an itinerary. I selected change flight, saw I couldn't, and backed out. Since then the flight has disappeared from My Trips both on the main page and the flight page. Also doesn't show on the App. I can bring it up with the record locator. I called and they assured me everything was OK. Transferred to web services and spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out. They were also stumped and suggested I call back during normal business hours...
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
This is a new one on me. It had all the correct information for me but I received this error when trying to check in today.

Pretty sure I'm not a minor although I will be unaccompanied as usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.