Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espańol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Apparently AA.com doesn't want to sell tickets today.
Widespread pricing errors today on multi-city itineraries.

Tried to "Select" a fare on numerous dates and city pairs.

Got an Error message and a higher fare. "The price of this itinerary has changed since you selected your flight(s). This happens because seat availability often changes based on demand for a particular flight. The lowest available total price, including taxes and fees, is now: XXX

When I click "Continue" on the higher fare, the same error message appears but with the old lower fare.

Click Continue, error message and lower fare.
Click Continue, error message and higher fare.
And so on and so on.

GoingForGreat. Ha.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
I can't log in from phone or laptop today. it has gotten to be normal that I can't get in the first few tries in the morning (for the last month or so), but this is the first time that I can't log in at all and it gives me a link to "Contact AA." Harumph.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:49 am

Angry Price switched AFTER CC authorization

Just got baited and switched by AA for R/T LAX-FOR. Price quoted on successive pages, including seat selection, stayed the same. Only AFTER CC was authorized notification came that price was actually charged $197 higher. Two AA supervisors unhelpful (one rude). No non-auto reply yet from customer service. I have carefully documented this by repeating the exact itinerary with a different name right up to the CC authorization link. Ready to take this to small claims.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FortHay
Just got baited and switched by AA for R/T LAX-FOR. Price quoted on successive pages, including seat selection, stayed the same. Only AFTER CC was authorized notification came that price was actually charged $197 higher. Two AA supervisors unhelpful (one rude). No non-auto reply yet from customer service. I have carefully documented this by repeating the exact itinerary with a different name right up to the CC authorization link. Ready to take this to small claims.
If your card was in fact authorized then this is a DOT violation. File a formal complaint with them.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by FortHay
Page Prints of the original quotes/prices???
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Ick; less than 24 hours to my flight to Europe, 12B and 12H open on the 763 and when I try to change seats I get the message "Your reservation is confirmed, but you will need to obtain your seat assignment from a gate agent at the airport. Please check in at a Self-Service Check-In machine at the airport and obtain your seat assignment at the gate."

Do I still have the seat I had? Will I make it to the mini-cabin? Is AA software about as bad as possible?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by ckendall
Ick; less than 24 hours to my flight to Europe, 12B and 12H open on the 763 and when I try to change seats I get the message "Your reservation is confirmed, but you will need to obtain your seat assignment from a gate agent at the airport. Please check in at a Self-Service Check-In machine at the airport and obtain your seat assignment at the gate."

Do I still have the seat I had? Will I make it to the mini-cabin? Is AA software about as bad as possible?
Why don't you try calling AA, with patience. Are you sure those seats aren't blocked somehow?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Why don't you try calling AA, with patience. Are you sure those seats aren't blocked somehow?
Well after checking in apparently multiple times I finally got a boarding pass and then managed to change my seat to one of those listed above (at least that's what it says on the BP in my iPhone).

On prior attempts I noted that the seats appeared to be free (unblocked at T-24 I believe) and I could select them but the selection would not "take" when I exited.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: LH HON
Error code: ssl_error_inappropriate_fallback_alert

I basically cannot access the AA website with Firefox anymore.

An error occurred during a connection to www.aa.com. The server rejected the handshake because the client downgraded to a lower TLS version than the server supports.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
Error code: ssl_error_inappropriate_fallback_alert

I basically cannot access the AA website with Firefox anymore.
I'm having no problem. Are you saying you haven't been able to connect to AA with Firefox for more than a day ?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Is it just me or has pre meal selection disappeared? Can't see for upcoming trips
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Is it just me or has pre meal selection disappeared? Can't see for upcoming trips
Well, either the meal selection has disappeared, or maybe the meal service has disappeared, but it's not just you.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Well, either the meal selection has disappeared, or maybe the meal service has disappeared, but it's not just you.
I just looked at one of my upcoming reservations. I found no problem seeing the meal selection that I previously selected.

With AA, the site occasionally does not function the way it is intended. I find that waiting a while, then trying again, often clears up any issues.

Today, there does not seem to be an issue for me with AA.
-
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I'm having no problem. Are you saying you haven't been able to connect to AA with Firefox for more than a day ?
Restarting the browser can fix that specific error; it typically results from a failed TLS handshake, and the failure is "remembered" until the browser restarts.

But in the not-too-distant future, you'll be living in a world where Firefox can't log you in to either aa.com or usairways.com, because both are using outdated, insecure SSL/TLS setups and Firefox will disallow the connection (or you can be like me, using the developer edition of Firefox, and already live in a world where Firefox can't log you in on either site; that stuff trickles into the preview and dev editions before it goes to full public release).
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by ubernostrum
Restarting the browser can fix that specific error; it typically results from a failed TLS handshake, and the failure is "remembered" until the browser restarts.

But in the not-too-distant future, you'll be living in a world where Firefox can't log you in to either aa.com or usairways.com, because both are using outdated, insecure SSL/TLS setups and Firefox will disallow the connection (or you can be like me, using the developer edition of Firefox, and already live in a world where Firefox can't log you in on either site; that stuff trickles into the preview and dev editions before it goes to full public release).
Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully IE will work with aa.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.