Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

"Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espaol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
It seems to be back up now. At least for the moment.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
INTL Web Checkin - Australia

This probably could be in a thread of its own, but here goes: Does anyone know if AA still plans to allow for online INTL check-in (to AU) where an electronic visa check must be made. For a U.S. citizen to go to Australia, and ETA is required. Agents at the AP always have to do an electronic check manually before they are supposed to issue the BP and complete the check-in. (Apparently they are prompted to perform the check.) For this reason (I assume) web check-in is inhibited. Long ago, I was told they were working on integrating this check so online check-in was possible. With the apparent off-shore web support now, I can't get them to even understand the issue. Any "insider knowledge" here?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 8:42 pm

can't find flights

I'm having trouble finding flights out of MCO. I am tryig MCO to DCA 11/11 to 11/17 and it says there is an error no flights available. I try other city pairs and it list one or two flights.

Anyone else having trouble? I tried kayak, orbitz, etc and can't seem to find any AA flights. Is this an error or is AA really popular on these dates? I wanted to book my trip today
Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
ExPlat Redeposit of Mileage Award

aa.com gives me this message when I try to cancel a mileage award: "In order to have the AAdvantage miles reinstated into your account, you must also contact AAdvantage Reservations. A reinstatement processing charge applies."

Other airlines where I have status and a redespoist fee does not apply, I do not have to call in...wonder if they will fix this.

I am obviously logged in in order to cancel, so it knows I am ExPlat.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by djneph
I'm having trouble finding flights out of MCO. I am tryig MCO to DCA 11/11 to 11/17 and it says there is an error no flights available. I try other city pairs and it list one or two flights.

Anyone else having trouble? I tried kayak, orbitz, etc and can't seem to find any AA flights. Is this an error or is AA really popular on these dates? I wanted to book my trip today
I'm having the same difficulty. Trying to book LGA-MIA flights and aa.com is coming up with one nonstop flight per day. I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
And like magic the flights are back. Methinks it was some Saturday night website maintenance.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
AA eats miles and status?

Anyone else notice after logging in today that their mileage balance is at zero and their status is completely gone? Tech issue or something else?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: US Airways, Hilton, Marriott
Just logged in an all is fine for me.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
This may occur during batch processing periods; these are most common on weekends, but can extend into Monday. It could happen with greater frequency or more sporadically during the "drain down" period.

My account displays normally; if yours does not, try clearing cookies and cache.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
This may occur during batch processing periods; these are most common on weekends, but can extend into Monday. It could happen with greater frequency or more sporadically during the "drain down" period.

My account displays normally; if yours does not, try clearing cookies and cache.
It's back now. Thanks for your comments!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Trying to reserve RNO-LAX-CGK and return. I got a System Error, but the itinerary showed up "Held" in My Reservations with a record locator. Selecting the itinerary then cancels it.

First time, I didn't think much of this when I got the System Error screen. I just restarted the reservation process. System Error repeatedly. When I checked My Reservations there were four held itineraries.

All this after I successfully reserved the same itinerary for my wife and daughter.

On the phone now with Web Services and after five minutes it doesn't seem to be a known error with this rep.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
An update after hanging up and calling again:

This rep said the System Error is another manifestation of the fare not being available. Glad I got the $749 tickets for my wife and daughter since Orbitz says:

We're sorry, the fare for that itinerary is no longer available. The fare for that trip is now $1,502.19
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:39 pm

aa.com glitch

I have been trying to look at the aa award charts. Keep getting the following message "Page not found - error 404". Anybody else having this problem?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, (AC)
AA.COM - No Eagle flights coming up at all Aug 29 2015

Is there an issue bringing up Eagle flights from mid-west cities on AA.COM (flights after Nov 22). I'm getting no flights from any mid-west orgin cities served by Eagle after Nov 22, 2015.

Last edited by Jim Hogan; Aug 29, 2015 at 6:33 pm
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:57 pm

I'm seeing the same thing. Trying to get in and out of BUF Dec 11 and 14.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.