Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espańol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
AA.com simply not working...

Folks - is it just me?

I'm trying to book a mileage run/mini holiday to Jakarta. There's a conference I'd like to attend in Singapore at the same time, so I'm kind of married to October 18-25.

There's a great fare out of BUF on those dates: Google Flights says BUF to CGK is $903. Kayak says $903. In Canada (where I am) the price is quoted at $1107 CAD (which is accurate.) Even AA.com is telling me $903, or $1107 CAD. The route would go BUF-ORD-NRT-CGK (the last leg is a codeshare with JAL.)

But good luck booking it. EVERY single time, whether I try with Chrome, Safari or Firefox, the first selection comes back with "that flight is no longer available." Doesn't matter if I pick the cheapest flight or not (because I've tried umpteen combinations.)

Then, when I attempt to pick my second flight choice, the site errors out.

Every. Single. Time. Without. Fail.

I've tried routing out of Toronto. I've tried routing through Charlotte.

I've tried it in a box, I've tried it with Firefox. I cannot book it with my plan, I cannot book it in a can.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to hold my tongue one way while clicking the mouse with only my left hand? Is there a secret password that I've somehow missed? Is Jesus telling me not to go to Jakarta?

Is it just me?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:06 pm

Hey man I feel your pain, a few days ago something similar was happening to me and I couldnt book anything without it doing some error or going back to front page. I think they must just be changing things. Last thing I would try is opening Chrome in "Incognito mode" and trying from there. This will be like accessing the website as if you have never visited it before, so everything will be fresh. Worth a shot, but I suspect you might have to wait a few hours until it works again
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Have you tried booking directly through Google Flights instead of going over to aa.com and loading what you find in Google Flights?

People have reported that booking directly through Google Flights usually "takes."
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I had almost the same problem about a month ago. Called AA and the agent said something about the operating carrier for HKG-CGK being unable to confirm availability. Of course they were happy to confirm availability on a fare that was $500 more expensive

In the end I just waited a few days and tried again, at which point the problem seemed to clear up (and the cheap fare was still available, fortunately).
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Called EP desk. On hold......ended using call back feature w/ return between 18 & 22 mins.

ATL & DCA are only airports w/ delays according to FAA.gov.

Man it's been rough this year w/ AA.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Have you tried booking directly through Google Flights instead of going over to aa.com and loading what you find in Google Flights?

People have reported that booking directly through Google Flights usually "takes."
I just gave it a go for fun, and although it initially shows up at $905 when you do the initial search, it bumps up to $955 after selecting your second flight. Errors out after entering passenger details, though.

Won't ticket on most OTAs either, but it looks like CheapOair will take it.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by linglingfool
I just gave it a go for fun, and although it initially shows up at $905 when you do the initial search, it bumps up to $955 after selecting your second flight. Errors out after entering passenger details, though.

Won't ticket on most OTAs either, but it looks like CheapOair will take it.
And CheapoAir has booking fees, IIRC.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
Called EP desk. On hold......ended using call back feature w/ return between 18 & 22 mins.

ATL & DCA are only airports w/ delays according to FAA.gov.

Man it's been rough this year w/ AA.
22 mins has past w/ no call back. Called EP desk again, no answer, just another 20 to 30 mins & we will call you back
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Stay with it - no charge for booking by phone for you, and aa.com, well, today is Day 1 of the "drain down" for the Shares data merger to Sabre. Not saying that's what it is, but it adds stuff to the soup we don't need.

Good luck.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I was working on booking an award today. Got nothing but system error after system error. Sometimes if I just hold down the refresh key for a while it'll eventually load. So useless.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Boogie711
Folks - is it just me?

I'm trying to book a mileage run/mini holiday to Jakarta. There's a conference I'd like to attend in Singapore at the same time, so I'm kind of married to October 18-25.

There's a great fare out of BUF on those dates: Google Flights says BUF to CGK is $903. Kayak says $903. In Canada (where I am) the price is quoted at $1107 CAD (which is accurate.) Even AA.com is telling me $903, or $1107 CAD. The route would go BUF-ORD-NRT-CGK (the last leg is a codeshare with JAL.)

But good luck booking it. EVERY single time, whether I try with Chrome, Safari or Firefox, the first selection comes back with "that flight is no longer available." Doesn't matter if I pick the cheapest flight or not (because I've tried umpteen combinations.)

Then, when I attempt to pick my second flight choice, the site errors out.

Every. Single. Time. Without. Fail.

I've tried routing out of Toronto. I've tried routing through Charlotte.

I've tried it in a box, I've tried it with Firefox. I cannot book it with my plan, I cannot book it in a can.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to hold my tongue one way while clicking the mouse with only my left hand? Is there a secret password that I've somehow missed? Is Jesus telling me not to go to Jakarta?

Is it just me?
I feel your exact pain. Tried a gazillion times to book ORD-SGN and got same messages. Phone agent says JAL codeshares aren't booking as of 6/30 due to JAL system issues. Was also offered alternative not via NRT for $500 more.

Last edited by kazdave; Jul 3, 2015 at 3:40 am Reason: No text entered yet accidentlyposted
Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:23 pm

AA.COM is just terrible

I am having the same issue trying to book AUS-SGN Aug. 23 - Sep. 3 (flexible). First using Google flights and selecting the fare. Get to AA, select to purchase and throws an error. Try it again and then it tells me a system error. It loses everything I entered including my login.

I called AA.com helpdesk and they are just as useless. They tell me that it is the browser I am using. I tell her which one do you want me to use? I use that and the same thing happens. Then she tells me it is my computer. It's not AA's fault - sigh. Called the PLAT line and after 30 minutes on hold, I get someone on the phone who is just terrible (am I the only one who feels that AA is going downhill?). I tell her thank you for the help and re-dial. Finally get someone who is smart enough to finally find a ticket and price it for me.

I do not remember the last time I ever had to wait to talk to an AA rep. more than 5 minutes but it seems it takes 30+ minutes now consistently.

Quite frustrated. My suggestion if you are having difficulty booking a tix, call instead of trying it online. AA.com is having issues.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Not sure the website "AA.com" is the culprit in this case but here it goes: I had booked a flight ORD-DFW-HKG-... next winter, allowing myself 3 hr connection time in DFW. Today I noticed (while checking around on my own; no notice from AA on such minor issues!) that both flights had been changed in such a way that I was left with a 42 minute connection. Perfect for a flight departing ORD in winter?

Moreover, I had been assigned a seat that does not exist on the seat map.

Fortunately, a call to AA fixed both problems; a really helpful agent found a better flight and and a real seat.

Last edited by aktchi; Jul 6, 2015 at 3:59 pm
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aktchi
Not sure the website "AA.com" is the culprit in this case but here it goes: I had booked a flight ORD-DFW-HKG-... next winter, allowing myself 3 hr connection time in DFW. Today I noticed (while checking around on my own; no notice from AA on such minor issues!) that both flights had been changed in such a way that I was left with a 42 minute connection.

Isn't that perfect for a flight departing ORD in winter?

Moreover, I had been assigned a seat that does not exist on the seat map.

Fortunately, a call to AA fixed both problems; a really helpful agent found a better flight and and a real seat.
You are correct-not the website's fault, but whichever human is responsible for scheduling changes these days, which seem to be on an almost hourly basis

I ended up w/one that was a 31 minute connection in Charlotte-never been there, but have seen the terminal map, so no way was I going to take a chance w/that.

Welcome to the new American
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I like my connection to be at least 90 mins. That can absorb a 45 min delay arriving, and even if there wasn't a delay I can have coffee etc and view that as a fair price for peace of mind. I am not an OJ Simpson wannabe anyway and sprinting through airports isn't my thing. [To that I would add 30-60 mins for immigration-customs if international to domestic, 30 mins for walking through an interesting airport, and maybe 60 mins if there is a lounge and I feel like catching up on emails etc.]

However, I can understand how a computer might pass 42 mins if it has been told that legal connection is 30 mins or 40 mins. Regardless of my own personal preferences, I get that.

What I utterly fail to comprehend is assigning me a seat in Row 32 on a plane that has 30 as its last row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.