Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 21, 15, 4:49 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Old May 6, 15, 3:29 am

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Same here
Old May 6, 15, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc View Post
same here.... thank god I am not the only one unable to log in...

I was hoping my account was not hacked or getting audited...
+1.
Old May 6, 15, 5:19 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Can't log into the US Airways site either. Guessing the AA.com banner is new:

Access to your AAdvantage information is not available at this time. This may impact your ability to Login, access AAdvantage account information, book AAdvantage award travel and enroll in Admirals Club. If you need assistance, you may Contact AA. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience.
Old May 6, 15, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
Originally Posted by flightrisk View Post
Can't log into the US Airways site either. Guessing the AA.com banner is new:
I just got the same message when I tried to log in
Old May 6, 15, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Working now.
Old May 6, 15, 8:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott LT Gold
Minor compared to most of the other posts, but on the new Your Account page under Activity, my flight from May 1 doesn't appear on the "This Month" screen but later flights in May do. When I select May from the dropdown, it appears just fine.

Likely some sort of off by one or "greater than" when it was supposed to be "greater than or equal to" mistake in the code for the This Month display....
Old May 6, 15, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA View Post
Minor compared to most of the other posts, but on the new Your Account page under Activity, my flight from May 1 doesn't appear on the "This Month" screen but later flights in May do. When I select May from the dropdown, it appears just fine.

Likely some sort of off by one or "greater than" when it was supposed to be "greater than or equal to" mistake in the code for the This Month display....
I believe their "months" differ from the calendar month for the purpose of displaying those. I've noticed this kind of thing pretty often too, and inconsistently.
Old May 11, 15, 3:18 pm

I booked a flight on AA connecting to AZ on Expedia. (AA.com doesn't offer that itinerary.) Now my problem is:

(a) I am Plat, but Expedia won't let me have MCE seats
(b) My reservation shows up on the list at aa.com, but if I click for details it says "We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time. Please try again."
(c) I called AA, but they charge for assigning seats if the ticket was not booked through them.
(d) They transferred me to aa.com tech support, but the wait is 30 min so I gave up.

Usair.com cannot find this reservation at all.

All suggestions appreciated.
Old May 11, 15, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
When is your flight? If it's not in the next few days, I would wait and then attempt calling web services again, when AA isn't recovering from IRROPs at one of their hubs.

As it is a few weeks ago, I waited on hold for webservices for over an hour after attempting to do something online. I eventually gave up and called the main number, and when I politely pointed out I had tried to 1) do it online and then 2) couldn't get through to webservices, they waived all the fees.
Old May 12, 15, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96 View Post
When is your flight? If it's not in the next few days, I would wait and then attempt calling web services again, when AA isn't recovering from IRROPs at one of their hubs.

As it is a few weeks ago, I waited on hold for webservices for over an hour after attempting to do something online. I eventually gave up and called the main number, and when I politely pointed out I had tried to 1) do it online and then 2) couldn't get through to webservices, they waived all the fees.
On my next call I was given the option to have web tech support call me back, and when they did they made the seat assignments for me. I still can't look at my reservation on aa.com (it is on the list of bookings but clicking on it gives an error message). She said she would report it.
Old May 20, 15, 8:12 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Booked a flight with AA50 DFW-LHR on July 26th on the 77W. AA.com won't pull up the seat map on the booking page and I can't allocate myself a seat either, error is: We are unable to display the requested seat map for this flight. I called AA, they said it was a system error as they can't allocate either, not overbooked (my first fear), give it a month or so..... I note it is the same for AA50 on the 25th as well but ok on other dates. I'll obviously try to call web services as well now I have the number from this thread (thanks! - it is not listed on aa.co.uk) but no access to a suitable phone just now; so curious if it is just a case of wait and see as I'm hoping to nab 3A again!
Old May 20, 15, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Balan's Frequent Eater, Trying to convince my local to offer a reward program
Originally Posted by jcm9000 View Post
Booked a flight with AA50 DFW-LHR on July 26th on the 77W. AA.com won't pull up the seat map on the booking page and I can't allocate myself a seat either, error is: We are unable to display the requested seat map for this flight. I called AA, they said it was a system error as they can't allocate either, not overbooked (my first fear), give it a month or so..... I note it is the same for AA50 on the 25th as well but ok on other dates. I'll obviously try to call web services as well now I have the number from this thread (thanks! - it is not listed on aa.co.uk) but no access to a suitable phone just now; so curious if it is just a case of wait and see as I'm hoping to nab 3A again!
There's a whole thread on AA 50 seat maps this summer here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-seat-map.html
Old May 20, 15, 9:40 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by Arsey00 View Post
There's a whole thread on AA 50 seat maps this summer here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-seat-map.html
Thanks, my search abilities fail me yet again....
Old May 20, 15, 10:09 am

Getting an error trying to book an award flight to Mexico on US Airways - have tried both holding and paying for the flight as well as testing a different flight on a different day on the same route. Have done this with multiple aadvantage numbers (both mine and a friend's). On hold with AAdvantage now for what should be 'more than 60 minutes' and surprisingly no callback option offered.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?
Old May 20, 15, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
Plenty of mess lately trying to book US metal on aa.com. In many cases a US flight will show available until you click on it - and then suddenly the flight is "no longer available." Clicking on an alternate US metal flight brings up the generic error message. Over to usairways.com, and all flight options are completely bookable. Happening for multiple round trip searches like LAS-DEN, DEN-SAN, DEN-ANC, etc. A hot mess right now.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: