Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Miles for Awards on Malaysia Airlines / MH (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Awards book into P (First Class), U (Business Class) and X (Economy Class). Awards do not incur "YQ" fees; MH now seems to be releasing F award seats to AA (post #173).

Link to Malaysia Airlines website

Link to archived announcement of MH to join oneworld FT thread.
Print Wikipost

Redeeming Miles for Awards on Malaysia Airlines / MH (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by dmbtr3
What mystery?

Did you even see post # 17?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abk
I have been on Malaysia's website and AA.com and cannot find a way to see Malaysia's J fares Lax-Nrt for my like. Looking at various dates in June and July. All I can find is coach fares. Anyone help me on what I am doing wrong.

I think its the IT intergration problem. The fares are there but problem with booking it. Give it a few days and book through OTAs.

Otherwise wait till AA codeshares with MH in late March. Don't know if AA will be able to beat MH's fares.

For June/July, MH fares in Business, booked in D are : $3195 + 427 TAX
If you can leave by 31st May, there is a Z class special for $ 2030 + 427 tax.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hillrider
Assuming that the above fares are round-trip, the 5451 miles you get (50% of roundtrip) for $108 will cost you 1.98c each.

This is far from a good deal, actually you pay more for them than what they're worth if you value them in the typical 1.5-1.8c/mile range!
AA currently has the Double miles promo going on. In the short term, it might make the extra $$ worthwhile.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Award booking classes

For those of you who hold MH award reservations, could you please post what inventory they're using in Sabre for them (first/business/economy)?

Thx.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Ok - need some help here.

I am looking to book a flight on Malaysia Airlines (marketed and operated). Per the table here, deep discount earns 0 miles while discount (L,S,V) earns 50%. There is also a promo for double miles on Malaysia.

My questions

1. How do segments factor into this? Are they only for AA marketed and xyz operated flights?

2. If I book a flight in L,S,V and register for the promo, will that give me 50% EQM and 100% RDM (50% + double miles)?

3. EXP bonus - Not listed here. Not sure if this applies or not. Any one have any ideas?

Thought I had a handle on this, but I am seriously confused. EXP desk seems to be getting me even more lost.

For some reason, this flight does not show up on AA so I cannot book it as an AA marketed flight.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those of you who hold MH award reservations, could you please post what inventory they're using in Sabre for them (first/business/economy)?

Thx.
You can't see MH award inventory on Sabre..

For what its worth, F is booked as P class cos I just booked an award last wk. I'm sorry, but I can't help you with the rest. It could be X for Y.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
What mystery?

Did you even see post # 17?
I've been reading this thread as new posts appear. I swear that wasn't there on 2/1, maybe got edited in later. Or maybe I'm having a senior moment.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Uh? The routing makes no sense as it's almost exactly twice as long!!

You can try out the A380 (well worth it) between those areas on oneworld metal by taking the QF one to DXB as of 31MAR.
Not that far fetched as I can ticket valid routing on *A via this route.

What one world routing would take you into India via DXB?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:59 pm

You can try out the A380 (well worth it) between those areas on oneworld metal by taking the QF one to DXB as of 31MAR.
Can you actually ticket this though or am I misunderstanding what you're suggesting?

I can't copy/paste but from the Qantas site it says that LHR-DXB must be booked in conjunction with a Qantas/codeshare flight to/from Australia/NZ.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:04 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

We are currently awaiting official confirmation from MH, but they should be P/U/S respectively (AKA FS/CS/YS in the KVS Tool):

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#MH
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
While kvs is here, do the current ow search methods show mh availability?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:29 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by skit53
While kvs is here, do the current ow search methods show mh availability?
Yes, MH Award Availability is already accessible via the [Awards/BA-OneWorld] Method in KVS Tool (V7.1.4).
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT

Thx.
I booked biz on MH, it was U inventory.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Not true - orbitz/expedia and the like definitely allow one to search their sites directly for int'l itineraries. Fares usually aren't competitive though.
Glad to be proved wrong. A few years ago, it was not possible.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Hmmmmn......No elite bonus showing for flights taken on MH. I wonder if it's a website anomaly !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.