Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Miles for Awards on Malaysia Airlines / MH (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Awards book into P (First Class), U (Business Class) and X (Economy Class). Awards do not incur "YQ" fees; MH now seems to be releasing F award seats to AA (post #173).

Link to Malaysia Airlines website

Link to archived announcement of MH to join oneworld FT thread.
Print Wikipost

Redeeming Miles for Awards on Malaysia Airlines / MH (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I just booked F KUL-LHR today for a flight this Saturday 23MAR13. I hope I didn't make a mistake, I had CX CGK-HKG-LHR in C, and changed it to F on the A380. I can't find a trip report anywhere online (a decent one at least), for any MH F A380. If anyone can point me to one, would really appreciate it.
You will not be disappointed in your selection at all !!! I've had a few conversations in the MH F lounge at KLIA and they love the F "suites" on the 380. Enjoy your trip !!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by DCtrAAveler
Same, but I'm looking relatively close-in - July timeframe. I think some of the success stories were for next calendar year. I've not tested looking further out.
I just booked 2 F tickets for KUL-CDG in June. The AAgent said the cabin was completely empty at this point!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
just want to double check... I have a flight booked today, 2 segs on malaysia airlines code N. I will earn NO MILES at all, is it right? regardless being AA EXP and registered for the double miles promo?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by mingw
just want to double check... I have a flight booked today, 2 segs on malaysia airlines code N. I will earn NO MILES at all, is it right? regardless being AA EXP and registered for the double miles promo?
Unless it's an AA Flight number (codeshare flight ), then no miles/points etc.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...iaairlines.jsp
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Rpcfly
This is getting frustrating now !!! Flights on 2/28, 3/6, 3/16 have ALL credited to my Enrich account and NOT my AA account even though I told them to input the number at checkin. My AA number shows on my ticket stub too !

Another trip to KL Sentral to get this sorted out !!!
This is something I don't understand. How did they know your Enrich account but not the AA one in the first place? When we purchased the flights in MH, could we automatically put AA number in it?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by Robt760
Unless it's an AA Flight number (codeshare flight ), then no miles/points etc.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...iaairlines.jsp
that's what I thought. I booked on MH to have change of upgrade on AA NRT-DFW. hope it can go through otherwise I'm wasting 6734 miles comparing flying CX through HKG.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
question for mods re: guidepost

It states in the guidepost that infants are banned from upper deck of a380. Is this correct? I tried to select the upper front cabin bulkhead J seats but agent claimed they could not be selected because they were witheld for basinets. What's the truth here; infants banned or she just didnt want to offer me the premium seat?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ScottieFlyer
It states in the guidepost that infants are banned from upper deck of a380. Is this correct? I tried to select the upper front cabin bulkhead J seats but agent claimed they could not be selected because they were witheld for basinets. What's the truth here; infants banned or she just didnt want to offer me the premium seat?
Upstairs/Business/Economy class does not allow kids.

Here is a random google search.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Upstairs/Business/Economy class does not allow kids.

Here is a random google search.
Ok thx, may call again and see if they will allocate me a bulkhead seat. Probably they just wanted to keep them for their own elites.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
This is something I don't understand. How did they know your Enrich account but not the AA one in the first place? When we purchased the flights in MH, could we automatically put AA number in it?

I originally booked after I logged on to my MH account. I changed my FF program when I checked in at KL Sentral. They input my AA number and printed my boarding pass with my AA FF number on it.

There must be some glitch in their system somewhere.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 8:34 am

I originally booked after I logged on to my MH account. I changed my FF program when I checked in at KL Sentral. They input my AA number and printed my boarding pass with my AA FF number on it.

I just tried to get a trip ticketed in Expedia, operated by MH. Expedia has the AA number, but I can't put it up in my AA account. The PNR code is still under 5-digit. You can't even pull it up in MH website, which now requires 6 digits. MH mobile shows the trip, but in all it is very confusing.

My flights on Feb 2 are still not posted yet. I checked my Enrich account but the miles were not posted there either.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Mar 20, 2013 at 9:09 am
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
This is getting frustrating now !!! Flights on 2/28, 3/6, 3/16 have ALL credited to my Enrich account and NOT my AA account even though I told them to input the number at checkin. My AA number shows on my ticket stub too !

Another trip to KL Sentral to get this sorted out !!!
This could be due to the reservations system. If you used your enrich number to access the booking engine and then changed it to another number at check in, the original number will be 'remembered'. This is one of the major flaws with Amadeus-based systems.

Book your flights but make sure the agent removes the old FFP and ends the transaction first. Then retrieves the booking again to put in new FFP info.

If the agent just inputs the info on reservations and something causes it to have a simultaneous operation ie, the file cannot close, then the new FFP info will be lost when agent ignores and retrieves booking.

To make sure that you get your preferred FFP in, call MH and ask them to remove the existing FFP entirely on the res. Then after the above, put in the new FFP.

Good luck. Enrich may not be able to remove miles already credited to your account.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
This could be due to the reservations system. If you used your enrich number to access the booking engine and then changed it to another number at check in, the original number will be 'remembered'. This is one of the major flaws with Amadeus-based systems.

Book your flights but make sure the agent removes the old FFP and ends the transaction first. Then retrieves the booking again to put in new FFP info.

If the agent just inputs the info on reservations and something causes it to have a simultaneous operation ie, the file cannot close, then the new FFP info will be lost when agent ignores and retrieves booking.

To make sure that you get your preferred FFP in, call MH and ask them to remove the existing FFP entirely on the res. Then after the above, put in the new FFP.

Good luck. Enrich may not be able to remove miles already credited to your account.
Thanks GB. I'm going to KL Sentral today anyway and will get the Enrich Office to remove the existing FFP on all my reservations booked so far. I hope they'll be able to recredit my AA account and decredit (is there such a word?) my Enrich aacount.

Will let you know what hapens. Thx.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by mihaid
Has anyone had any experience crediting RJ flights to MH FFP (Enrich), recently?
I flew RJ in D class HKG-BKK-AMM-IST on Feb. 24/25, so almost one month ago, but the miles have not yet been credited to my Enrich account.
I did make sure my MH FFP no. is in the system (it appears clearly mentioned on my RJ boarding passes), but it did not help. About two weeks after my flight I wrote to [email protected], sending copies of my RJ boarding passes and my RJ booking confirmation: no reply or even a simple acknowledgement of my email having been received. Then I wrote to the other enrich email address: [email protected]. Again, with copies of boarding passes and booking confirmation. Still nothing.
Anyone having had a similar experience with RJ flights or other OW credited to MH?
I am concerned as I will fly CX in two days and I intended to credit my miles to MH, but now I am wondering if maybe I should credit my CX flights to AA or BA...

(I must say: I have taken a few MH flights in the past few weeks and for all those flights the miles posted to my MH account promptly: within 24-36 hours after each flight.)
Please address this issue at the other forum.. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-programs-470/ and not this one as this thread pertains only to AAdvantage and MH flights. Your issue is with ENRICH's programme. But its only an IT issue and you also shouldn't expect an instant reply when writing to Enrich on emails.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Has anyone tried out the MH lounges at KLIA?

What lounges do OWE and OWS have access to at KLIA? Do they get access to the Platinum and Business Class lounges respectively, irrespective of class of travel? Are there different lounges for different routes (e.g. KUL-LAX vs. KUL-NRT vs. KUL-SIN)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.