Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirborneLocksmith
All about the Boeing 777-323ER Business and First Class cabins and seats

Link to the Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra seating thread.
Link to the Boeing 777 Seating Guide thread for the latest seat maps

All 8 First and 52 Business seats recline to horizontally flat, have full aisle access and are isolated from other seats; they offer folding flat screen AVOD with touchscreen monitor that offers on-demand entertainment with up to 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games, 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi is offered for sale. B&O noise cancelling headphones are available for use in flight (generally picked up an hour prior to arrival), and both cabins feature a walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments.

First Class seating
Eight First Class Flagship suites by Safran (nee Zodiac Aerospace), though they are not as spacious a seat as the original 772 F suite, offer 82” / 208 cm of pitch and 36” width in a herringbone 1-2-1 configuration; they become a fully horizontal 6’ 8” bed with retractable arm rests extending the width; turndown service provides a mattress pad, pillow, duvet, amenity kit and pajamas. Seats swivel, diners in D-G First suites can dine face to face with privacy screen lowered. Each suite has two folding tables.
  • A and D, and G and J are not aligned / are slightly offset (contrary to Seatguru and other seat charts).
  • D and G pairs have a high privacy screen that can be raised / lowered.
  • Note that 1D and G have no bins, so bin contention does occur
Link to Ben Schlappig aka Lucky / The Boarding Area review of AA 77W F seat
Link to Rocky Horan's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex [Link does not work]
Link to Steve Case's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex

There are a large folding flat 17" touch screen AVOD, two 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input (red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack (see here). The seat controls are in an iPhone like touch controller.

Business class seats
All 52 business class seats offer aisle access and convert to fully horizontal flat beds and feature 75” pitch, 26” wide (at its widest point, so less in actuality) fully horizontal seats in a 1-2-1 "pod" configuration offer full AVOD through large flat folding screens and a Panasonic eX2 IFE system, retractable aisle arm rests. The seats move forward and aft to adjust distance fro service table, etc. The headset jack is behind a small stowage door at shoulder height that holds the B&O noise reducing headsets, personal light and air vent, 110 VAC and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic export jack link), touch seat controls, AVOD corded hand controller. Some storage, including shoe stowage, is available. The center seat pairs do not provide close seating for couples.

Link to JPA Design Zodiac Aerospace Cirrus Business Class seat page.
  • 3A-J people like privacy, only single window
  • 4A-4J too noisy (galley and lav close) for some
  • rows 3 and 4 have reports of being somewhat ignored by J cabin crew
  • Row 5 has only single window, close to galley and lavs / noisy
  • Row 7 one window, 7A overhead stowage taken by O2 equipment
  • Row 11 has no windows
  • Row 12 is at the wing root; 13-15 downward views impaired by the wing
  • Row 15 is positioned directly in front of the Economy lavs
Link to The Points Guy 77W J seat and services review by Sarah Silbert and photos by Zach Honig.

Center Business seat (c/o The Points Guy) link to review

Service caveats: some crew variability, and some crews excessively noisy in the galleys. Applies in F, J including J minicabin.
  • The seat selection sites (seatguru, seatexpert) are often mostly correct, and are not 100% reliable in any case (seatguru has 77W seat chart corrected errors).
  • Link to The Points Guy Business a Class and seat review with photos and video
  • Link to (amateurish) Youtube video of 77W seats in mockup
Print Wikipost

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by dbthebolt
Hi All, Does anyone have any pros or cons re: best seats on AA Boeing 777 in F?
Thanks
I recommend avoiding 1D/G as they have no overhead storage bins (the space is taken up by the crew rest area upstairs). 1A is my favorite as it is very private and not as prone to noise and light from the galley as 1J.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by DFW DL
I recommend avoiding 1D/G as they have no overhead storage bins (the space is taken up by the crew rest area upstairs).
And if you’re not one of the first to board, you may not have an overhead bin either since 1D/1G will have taken yours.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dbthebolt
Hi All, Does anyone have any pros or cons re: best seats on AA Boeing 777 in F?
Thanks
Some folks dislike 1g and 1j. I sleep with eye shade and I love 1J as I like to look out of the window as I work and row 1 is furthest from engine noise. Must have been fortunate as never had issue with overhead bins. As a couple I would recommend center seats row 2, as solo pax 1a or 1J or really 2A or 2J. Have fun and enjoy.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DFW DL
I recommend avoiding 1D/G as they have no overhead storage bins (the space is taken up by the crew rest area upstairs). 1A is my favorite as it is very private and not as prone to noise and light from the galley as 1J.
Originally Posted by econ

And if you’re not one of the first to board, you may not have an overhead bin either since 1D/1G will have taken yours.
Our first ride on the 77W in F was in 1D-G and no issue using the overhead bin above 1A-1J Our second right again 1D-1G no issues with overhead bin space above 1A-1J,
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Our first ride on the 77W in F was in 1D-G and no issue using the overhead bin above 1A-1J Our second right again 1D-1G no issues with overhead bin space above 1A-1J,
Yes, I believe some posters seem to have a very different experience. Complaints about being unable to use bins, noise and light etc. It probably depends on routes. My experience on 777 300 is LHR and GRU. Compared to the cramped accommodation in First on many carriers, I think all seats on the 777 300 are quite acceptable. Obviously windows seats are nice for the view and center seats are good for couples.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rjlon
Yes, I believe some posters seem to have a very different experience. Complaints about being unable to use bins, noise and light etc. It probably depends on routes. My experience on 777 300 is LHR and GRU. Compared to the cramped accommodation in First on many carriers, I think all seats on the 777 300 are quite acceptable. Obviously windows seats are nice for the view and center seats are good for couples.
Our experiences have been to LHR, we are back on the 77W in Nov/Dec to LHR from LAX. On both flights, we are in 2 D-J so overhead bin space won't be a problem.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, CCR, Virgin Gold
Thanks All. 2A it is.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:38 pm

I just had a flight in 1A. Decent seat, though when laying down you can definitely see the galley/bathroom light. It's pretty much direct line of sight. The eye mask mitigates it but surprising nobody at AA thought to put a more substantial curtain.

Side note about the bed, I have to wonder if it's actually -less- comfortable than the J bed, as I felt my arms were flopping off the seat when on my back, whereas most reverse herringbone seats get a bit wider by your head/shoulders with the armrest down.

I still slept fine on my side though.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:34 pm

Business class on the JFK-LHR route (77W) does NOT provide pajamas, right? Does it also not come with a mattress pad? Just wanted to check before booking. If both are not provided, can anyone attest to the comfort of sleep on this flight regardless?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pennystinkard
Business class on the JFK-LHR route (77W) does NOT provide pajamas, right? Does it also not come with a mattress pad? Just wanted to check before booking. If both are not provided, can anyone attest to the comfort of sleep on this flight regardless?
No, comforter and pillow only. I found it perfectly possible to sleep though JFK-LHR is pretty short flight. Avoid row 4 as you will get a lot of galley noise if you are trying to sleep. If you want mattress pad and pajamas, book First. Sometime the difference is small, sometimes it is double, depending on how booked it is. Either way the bed is long enough to sleep unlike BA and some other business seats which are 5-6" shorter.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by rjlon
No, comforter and pillow only. I found it perfectly possible to sleep though JFK-LHR is pretty short flight. Avoid row 4 as you will get a lot of galley noise if you are trying to sleep. If you want mattress pad and pajamas, book First. Sometime the difference is small, sometimes it is double, depending on how booked it is. Either way the bed is long enough to sleep unlike BA and some other business seats which are 5-6" shorter.
Thanks, good to know about row 4 (was just considering that). And there are amenity kits provided on this flight, right?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Yep. Amenity kit with eyeshade, ear plugs, sockes etc
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:58 pm

Currently, we are in 13 D/G of this aircraft. Row 10 is available. Should we move up to be further from engine noise and the restrooms?

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...777-300_ER.php
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
Currently, we are in 13 D/G of this aircraft. Row 10 is available. Should we move up to be further from engine noise and the restrooms?

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...777-300_ER.php
yes
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
yes
Done. Thanks!

Flying LH to Europe and AA returning. SO interested to see similarities and differences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.